Poker Night: Releases Nov 22

1234568»

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Is anyone else getting an error when trying to open the game with the TTG version?
  • edited November 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting an error when trying to open the game with the TTG version?

Yes. Is your error the "MSVCP100.dll" error? Does anyone know how to fix it??
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah, there's a fix already in the support forum.
  • edited November 2010
    I've installed it, but it won't start up... What's going on here? :confused:
  • JubJub
    edited November 2010
    So I was about to win the Iron Curtain, Heavy was all in, Strongbad was folding and I had a flush, suddenly the game freezes and crashes moments later!
  • edited November 2010
    Ugh, my laptop is having some trouble with this at the lowest settings, and it could run TDP pretty decently ;___;

Btw, at the lowest of settings Tycho's model looks HORRIBLE, but still, it's also so horrible that it's hilarious I must admit XD
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah its laggy for me too.
    Also max has twice now done an all in bet, yet neither has he bet his stuff.
  • edited November 2010
    My game keeps becoming non responsive after the TTG logo shows up. This sucks... and it happens with the Steam version and the one from Telltale.
  • edited November 2010
    Just had a shot of it (playing more tonight) and thought it was absolutly funny! Just a slight slowdown with shadows, but that's it. Also, can anyone get it higher than level 6? I am a bit curious. Anyway, I'm loving it (especially Tycho. Man he is funny) and this will hopefully keep me entertained for a while. :D

Last thing - is there a lot of dialouge, like, not quickly repeated? I heard some things about that, and I know to expect that from a $5 game. Oh well if that is true, at least it is entertaining!
  • edited November 2010
    Nintomster wrote: »
    Last thing - is there a lot of dialouge, like, not quickly repeated? I heard some things about that, and I know to expect that from a $5 game. Oh well if that is true, at least it is entertaining!

There's plenty of lines, but it seems that the repeats kick in really early on. I know I haven't even come close to hearing everything yet, but I've heard a couple of conversations three or four times already.
  • edited November 2010
    I'd recommend keeping the dialogue frequency at the default ("idle chatter") so as to minimize how often you'll hear repeats.
  • edited November 2010
    I actually did that to start (don't want to exhaust the supply right away), and only started hearing new conversations when I switched to "Chewing The Fat".
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah, I'm wondering if the dialogue is actually more repetitive at "idle chatter", 'cause most of what you hear is just "I call", "I raise", etc...
  • JubJub
    edited November 2010
    I don't mind hearing the lines repeated, so I play on "Gift of Gab" at all times, it really is great just hearing the interactions.
  • edited November 2010
    Hey, just wanted to let you guys know you made a sweet game. I'm quite enjoying this. And we finally have
    Mack Salmon
    in a Telltale game (the spoiler is for one of the unlockable card designs). I guess my predictions before each episode of Devil's Playhouse came true, sort of. :P

Really enjoying the presentation as well. There's some pretty great acting in this at times. I would love to explore the Inventory and its history more in future titles.
  • edited November 2010
    how do i do the spoiler thing?
  • edited November 2010
    Dear TellTale,

This game is seriously frustrating and annoying, the AI seems to pull Three Of A Kinds out of it's ass whenever the hell it wants to, also likes to deal me shitty cards during showdowns.

I'm still only playing it for the characters and their dialogue but as a game itself, man, poker fucking sucks, especially against a computer.
  • edited November 2010
    I won Tycho's watch (Telltale Version). Just.
    The question is...How do I unlock it in TF2? I had steam running, do I need to have downloaded the steam version as well? Thanks to those who help! It seemed simple when it was first announced...
    Anyway, still enjoying it, a brilliant game! :D
  • edited November 2010
    I won Tycho's watch (Telltale Version). Just.
    The question is...How do I unlock it in TF2? I had steam running, do I need to have downloaded the steam version as well? Thanks to those who help! It seemed simple when it was first announced...
    Anyway, still enjoying it, a brilliant game! :D

Go to www.telltalegames.com/tf2unlocks and use the code you see there in Steam. Then unlock the items while playing the Steam version of the game! :)
  • edited November 2010
    Oh, alright then, thanks!
  • edited November 2010
    Despite running like it's the Crysis of TTG's catalogue, it's still a really fun game at its core. Tycho's VA freakin' kills it (And is it just me, or is he the only one cursing? lol).
  • edited November 2010
    Wish the game was released a month later with less bugs and all...
    Tromeritus wrote: »
    Despite running like it's the Crysis of TTG's catalogue, it's still a really fun game at its core. Tycho's VA freakin' kills it (And is it just me, or is he the only one cursing? lol).

He is the only one cursing, yeah. But I don't think he "kills" it (if you mean in a negative way o_o), I think the voice acting is especially perfect for Tycho.
  • edited November 2010
    No, I meant it in a good way. Tycho's VA is amazing.
  • edited November 2010
    Oh, that's the reason of the italics then.

8D Sorry there.
  • edited November 2010
    I haven't had a chance to play more than three games of poker (all of which I lost), but I gotta say that I'm loving this so far. I've hardly encountered any repeating dialog; the only time I did was when it was down to just me and The Heavy, therefore his solo dialog was all I could hear. And speaking of the dialog, it's just as hilarious as I'd expect from Telltale. This is the first time I've actually had a blast playing poker. Good jorb!
  • edited November 2010
    Tromeritus wrote: »

Yeah, unfortunately I can barely run it on my PC. :mad:
  • edited November 2010
    Sure wish i could play this game......especially when my pc meats the system Req on the dot
  • edited November 2010
    ...When the game asks you whether you want to continue your previous tournament and you say no, it's just supposed to start a new tournament, not completely erase all your game data, right? Just wanting to make sure whether this was my fault or not.
    So long, Iron Curtain. You too, Max Imp Table.
  • edited November 2010
    Say TellTale, you plan on selling that Sam & Max deck in your store?
  • edited November 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    ...When the game asks you whether you want to continue your previous tournament and you say no, it's just supposed to start a new tournament, not completely erase all your game data, right? Just wanting to make sure whether this was my fault or not.
    So long, Iron Curtain. You too, Max Imp Table.

Well to be fair the iron curtain should still be saved on TF2 so that is fine and the Max imp table is only unlocked by winning a round.
  • edited November 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Well to be fair the iron curtain should still be saved on TF2 so that is fine and the Max imp table is only unlocked by winning a round.

Well, I don't play Team Fortress, so so the Iron Curtain was more or less sort of an in-game "Hey, look what I did!" That I'm not as upset about.
    As for the Max Imp table... Well, when you're as terrible at poker as I am, it's a bigger accomplishment than it seems.
    Ah well, at least I have a better chance of fixing my previous negative $130,000 bank account
  • edited November 2010
    Well I'm already done with the game now, I've won all the TF2 Items and unlocked most of the Decks and tables, the Dialogue is repeating and I'm losing every game, so as they say, I'm folding and done, I have no need to play the game anymore.

But for the price, it did get me a couple of hours worth of play and the dialogue was funny, so props on that.
  • edited November 2010
    Really happy with the game so far. The dialogue's killing me, and it looks like there's still quite a lot I haven't heard yet, which is awesome. I'm actually pleasantly surprised with Tycho's model (On 6, that is. Lowest graphic Tycho scared the crap out of me.), and as a Penny Arcade enthusiast, I highly approve of his voice, which I've mentioned quite a few times already. Blame the aspiring VA in me, I guess.
  • edited December 2010
    Hey I was playing today and Max and me had 2 pair and Tyhco had a straight and Max won didn't really know if there was anywhere else to mention this.
  • edited December 2010
    yoshifan wrote: »
    Hey I was playing today and Max and me had 2 pair and Tyhco had a straight and Max won didn't really know if there was anywhere else to mention this.

This has been answered so many times its not funny.
    There was a side pot. The game says who won the biggest pot. That has been fixed and there is already a patched version out.
  • edited February 2011
    Yay! Now to wait for the actual game! :D

Its like sounds very exciting and interesting too. actual game is very much awaited.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.