Poker Night: Releases Nov 22

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Could a game really be rated M from profanity alone, though? Something tells me the only thing offensive about this game would be Tycho's extreme pottymouth.

But since it isn't being rated I suppose it doesn't matter, though.

I think you can get away with f-words in a T rated game. When the c-words start coming in thats when it gets nasty. (I'm not talking about crap)
  • edited November 2010
    Steam store page says that release date is now 23 November :<
  • edited November 2010
    Will you stop looking at the Steam date? It's not reliable at all.
  • edited November 2010
    I think you can get away with f-words in a T rated game. When the c-words start coming in thats when it gets nasty. (I'm not talking about crap)

Crud?
  • edited November 2010
    Varrok wrote: »
    Um, no it doesn't, it says it unlocks in 8 hours. Which is PST: 5 PM and EST: 8 PM
  • edited November 2010
    It would probably have to be one or two F-words, and it'd probably help if it's not entirely gratuitous. If the game uses it all the time, I kind of doubt it -- an M rating is roughly akin to an MPAA rating of R, and they only allow the F-word once or twice for a PG-13 rating.

I doubt the c-words show up too often in video games (not counting extreme cases like games about thugs and gangsters, where obviously you can expect to hear anything and everything)...
  • edited November 2010
    Who is Hobo and why is he already playing Poker Night? He doesn't seem to be from TTG, and he's in Austrailia.

(People are in the TTG TF2 Steam chat, and one guy is playing the Poker Night Beta.)

EDIT: Nevermind, he could have renamed a external application.
  • edited November 2010
    is it a steam-game or a non-steam game he is playing?
  • edited November 2010
    Rawr, hopefully it will release in the next 3 hours :3
  • edited November 2010
    Varrok wrote: »

It says that because you propably have EU-steam like I do. 8 hours will be 3:00 23 Nov in Finland.

Sigh.. I know this from every release from TT, yet I still manage to get excited until the day comes, and I remember the time schedule again...

(I so hope that would be considered in the future for example: Release 22/23 Nov or Release 22 Nov PST)
  • edited November 2010
    One more thing: Can I play Poker Night on Telltale if I bought it from Steam? If so, then how?
  • edited November 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    is it a steam-game or a non-steam game he is playing?
    EDIT: Nevermind, he could have renamed a external application.

Yeah, he probably renamed something(Non-Steam game).
  • edited November 2010
    Kamilozo3 wrote: »
    One more thing: Can I play Poker Night on Telltale if I bought it from Steam? If so, then how?

No. But you can play the Steam-version if you preordered from TTG.
  • edited November 2010
    Releases in 7 HOURS?! WTF, Valve?!
  • edited November 2010
    Giaccomino wrote: »
    Releases in 7 HOURS?! WTF, Valve?!

Steam: Powered by Phail.
  • edited November 2010
    ymrar wrote: »
    It says that because you propably have EU-steam like I do. 8 hours will be 3:00 23 Nov in Finland.

Sigh.. I know this from every release from TT, yet I still manage to get excited until the day comes, and I remember the time schedule again...

(I so hope that would be considered in the future for example: Release 22/23 Nov or Release 22 Nov PST)

No, it is 2AM. Steam counter is stupid and count even minute as one additional full hour if it is just before hour would change.
  • edited November 2010
    Ok, so much information coming from so much places, whats the deal? why wasn't the game released this morning like it was meant to be (GMT for me, steam said that it was ready for release in one hour this morning, now its gone to tommorow)
  • JubJub
    edited November 2010
    GeorgeC wrote: »
    Ok, so much information coming from so much places, whats the deal? why wasn't the game released this morning like it was meant to be (GMT for me, steam said that it was ready for release in one hour this morning, now its gone to tommorow)

All the people complaining about it being moved to the 23rd are in the UK. If you're from North America, it'll be out around 5PM PCT, meaning 6PM Central Time, and 7PM EST.
  • edited November 2010
    The game is still being released today, November 22 (Pacific Time). That's during business hours for Telltale and Valve which might be the 23rd for people in different parts of the world. As for the wonky release info on Steam, that's likely due to an arbitrary release date/time being put in for the game on their end. Apologies.
  • edited November 2010
    The game is still being released today, November 22 (Pacific Time). That's during business hours for Telltale and Valve which might be the 23rd for people in different parts of the world. As for the wonky release info on Steam, that's likely due to an arbitrary release date/time being put in for the game on their end. Apologies.

oh thank goodness, i was going crazy with rage
  • edited November 2010

No need to apologise. That's how it has always been.
  • edited November 2010
    My reasoning is that Valve usually with more traditional release cycles have the code ready to push on their servers a week or so before. If the countdown reaches zero and nothing's there then Steam explodes and Gabe has to go and turn all the servers off and on again.

I'm sure that some of that's kind of right
  • JubJub
    edited November 2010

That's quite fine, no need to excuse yourselves. If I may ask is my 5pm Pacific time assumption correct?
  • edited November 2010
    8pm here and I'll not sleep until the game is available ^^
    Such a hype each time, simply can't wait.
  • edited November 2010
    Shouldn't the title of this thread be changed to "November 22/23"
    ?
  • edited November 2010
    ?

Nahhhhh
  • edited November 2010
    ?

No, with the world being a globe there is no way November 22 somewhere isn't another day somewhere else, regardless of the hour. They've always given release dates for their own time.
  • edited November 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    No, with the world being a globe there is no way November 22 somewhere isn't another day somewhere else, regardless of the hour. They've always given release dates for their own time.

They could go back to what it was. November TBD. ;)
  • edited November 2010
    well telltale, its about noon, on your end, and i wanna play poker, you mind getting that done, thanks.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    homoon wrote: »
    well telltale, its about noon, on your end, and i wanna play poker, you mind getting that done, thanks.

It's called Poker NIGHT for a reason, homoon! ;)
  • edited November 2010
    Aw, I didn't get to wake up to a new game.

Oh well!
  • edited November 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Aw, I didn't get to wake up to a new game.

Oh well!

Got 3 hours.
  • edited November 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Got 3 hours.

its 2 now :D
  • edited November 2010
    Released on Steam! Seriously, I am downloading now.
  • edited November 2010
    Downloading as well. Haven't been this excited in a long time.
  • edited November 2010
    Alan is on his admin panel.
    THAT MEANS IT WILL BE OUT ON TELLTALE IN MINUTES
  • edited November 2010
    It's out

yes
  • edited November 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Alan is on his admin panel.
    THAT MEANS IT WILL BE OUT ON TELLTALE IN MINUTES
    It's Steam only, no stand-alone release.
  • edited November 2010
    TParis wrote: »

Uhh no.
    Telltale is releasing there own version on this website as well.
    telltale has never done a stand-alone steam release.
  • edited November 2010
    TParis wrote: »

What? Since when?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.