Poker Night: Releases Nov 22

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Moob22 wrote: »
    Part 2's will make people sob. :(

Good lord, yes it will....Accio tissues!!

(Saw the movie last night too :))
  • edited November 2010
    Well, I saw someone in TF2 with the Iron Curtain. Is this a glitch with the drop system or have people somehow been getting early access to the game?
  • edited November 2010
    Is this a glitch with the drop system or have people somehow been getting early access to the game?
    Confirmed as a glitch.
  • edited November 2010
    Ah, okay then. Thanks for clearing that up.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    spd12 wrote: »
    On the subject of that image above me, the one bringing attention to Flint Paper? Actually I want to bring attention to something else.

I notice the design of the chips changed between earlier screenshots and now. I'm curious as to how many redesigns the poker chip sets went through before they settled on the current one.

The chips in the early shots were simply the ones from telltale texas hold'em, which we were using until the final real art was ready.
  • edited November 2010
    That's a cool tidbit, Jake, thanks for satisfying my curiosity there.
  • edited November 2010
    do you get the preorder item if you install TF2 after poker night comes out
  • edited November 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »

Yes.
  • edited November 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »

The visor is registered to the account you registered the pre-order to. And you get the items once you buy TF2 on that account.
  • edited November 2010
    As much as I like the release date, I probably won't be downloading Poker Night on Monday as seeing with how slow the steam servers get when a TF2 update or a L4D dlc comes out... So I will probably be downloading Poker Night this thanksgiving.
  • edited November 2010
    As much as I like the release date, I probably won't be downloading Poker Night on Monday as seeing with how slow the steam servers get when a TF2 update or a L4D dlc comes out... So I will probably be downloading Poker Night this thanksgiving.

Step 1. Go to Steam settings.

Step 2. Go to Downloads.

Step 3. Select download region

Step 4. Choose a country such as France or somewhere that's nice and far away

Step 5. Download Poker Night in peace.
  • edited November 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    The chips in the early shots were simply the ones from telltale texas hold'em, which we were using until the final real art was ready.

Jake, if you don't mind me asking, but what do you think about Valve screwing up and making the TF2 items available 2 day before your game releases to people who didn't even buy it?
  • JubJub
    edited November 2010
    Jake, if you don't mind me asking, but what do you think about Valve screwing up and making the TF2 items available 2 day before your game releases to people who didn't even buy it?

VALVe ALWAYS screws up like this since the crafting system has been installed.
  • edited November 2010

They did?
  • edited November 2010
    Jub wrote: »
    VALVe ALWAYS screws up like this since the crafting system has been installed.

Always is really close to deliberate and trolling. I'm not saying that all people, especially the guys on these forums got the game for the items but Valve has got to tighten their act together in these situations. Telltale can't be happy that people that didn't pay for PN got items from the game, and earlier than the release date.
    What Valve did with making the items untradable was a band-aid on a bullet hole because the player can still use the items before a lot of people can. They should have reversed the crafting recipe.

GinnyN wrote: »
    They did?

Yeah, they accidentally put the items in the crafting system and people started crafting them by the dozens. So now there are players with the Iron Curtain and the Enthusiast's Timepiece.
  • edited November 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    They did?

Yeah, I saw a video on youtube of someone using the "Iron Curtain". I'll try to find the link if you want.
  • edited November 2010
    Nintomster wrote: »
    Yeah, I saw a video on youtube of someone using the "Iron Curtain". I'll try to find the link if you want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybqvdteprm0
  • edited November 2010
    Step 1. Go to Steam settings.

Step 2. Go to Downloads.

Step 3. Select download region

Step 4. Choose a country such as France or somewhere that's nice and far away

Step 5. Download Poker Night in peace.

Trust me, I've tried that.
  • JubJub
    edited November 2010
    Always is really close to deliberate and trolling. I'm not saying that all people, especially the guys on these forums got the game for the items but Valve has got to tighten their act together in these situations. Telltale can't be happy that people that didn't pay for PN got items from the game, and earlier than the release date.
    What Valve did with making the items untradable was a band-aid on a bullet hole because the player can still use the items before a lot of people can. They should have reversed the crafting recipe.

The point I was trying to imply is that, unless VALVe coded these recipes themselves, there is no way for them to have been "accidentally" added. Being a programmer myself, I can tell you that code does not spontaneously appear out of thin air.

The only way VALVe could have added them by accident would be if they forgot to uncheck the "craftable" declaration for the items, therefore adding them to the randomizers. If this is the case, whoever was uploading the files did a very bad job doing so.
  • edited November 2010
    Jub wrote: »
    The only way VALVe could have added them by accident would be if they forgot to uncheck the "craftable" declaration for the items, therefore adding them to the randomizers. If this is the case, whoever was uploading the files did a very bad job doing so.
    And I think it's exactly what happened. Valve wouldn't jeopardize their relationship with Telltale (unless Telltale was in on the trolling, but it seems doubtful).

Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    edited November 2010
    It was an accident. Not sure what the full resolution will be, but folks are aware. Probably not a big deal in the scheme of things.
  • edited November 2010
    It was an accident. Not sure what the full resolution will be, but folks are aware. Probably not a big deal in the scheme of things.

Listen to this man.

A similar incident has happened before (craft-able Frying Pan from L4D2, anyone?), and Valve just made it not craft-able.
  • edited November 2010
    It seems Valve has made the items untradeable after fixing the mistake.
  • edited November 2010
    It seems Valve has made the items untradeable after fixing the mistake.

Yeah,if you try to trade them the trade fails
    Also how VALVe can make the same mistake 2 times?
  • edited November 2010
    Sammun_Fox wrote: »
    The crafting and trading system for TF2 is a brand new experience for Valve. Before its implementation all they would have to do is release a item and be done with it. Not so anymore, they have a sort of checklist to fill out now which is often forgotten about now by patchers. Its hard to break habits.
  • edited November 2010
    Sammun_Fox wrote: »
    Valve is the only company I know of that had to fix a fix.
  • edited November 2010
    Y2Zero wrote: »
    Valve is the only company I know of that had to fix a fix.

eheheh... valve is far from perfect, but i really like i can have all games "stored" there. i really love travelling.
  • edited November 2010
    Although Valve isn't perfect their games are fun, along with telltale games. They both are my favorite game companies.
  • edited November 2010
    JohnJohn wrote: »
    Although Valve isn't perfect their games are fun, along with telltale games. They both are my favorite game companies.

And look on the bright side, Valve fixed the problem really quickly, some other developers would've fixed it when they felt like it. Sometimes I hate all the grief they get from their consumers because they at least acknowledge their existence.
  • edited November 2010
    And look on the bright side, Valve fixed the problem really quickly, some other developers would've fixed it when they felt like it. Sometimes I hate all the grief they get from their consumers because they at least acknowledge their existence.

It's called "being spoiled." This is what exhibiting really good customer service gets you: a throng of beggars that scream bloody murder (or boycott, which would be the gamer equivalent) if you don't predict their next unprompted demand for a product they already bought as is.
  • edited November 2010
    Swinetower wrote: »
    It's called "being spoiled." This is what exhibiting really good customer service gets you: a throng of beggars that scream bloody murder (or boycott, which would be the gamer equivalent) if you don't predict their next unprompted demand for a product they already bought as is.

After years of being treated like another class by other devs, I'm willing to throw my money at them. I don't take things for granted.
  • edited November 2010
    JohnJohn wrote: »

oh yeah, i was validating the service, not their games. yes, they're great, too.
  • edited November 2010
    Please delete this, posted in the wrong thread :(
  • edited November 2010
    GeorgeC wrote: »
    Please delete this, posted in the wrong thread :(

Um if you hit edit, i believe there is an option to delete whatever the heck you posted.

EDIT: Just feel like posting this to be a jerk, but I found an idiot who thinks poker night is out already and has been out for years and is being rereleased for the items, or is a troll, praying for troll.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiF0K02o2ac check the comments, you can see where I posted.
  • edited November 2010
    Huh, now that we're here I wonder what the ESRB rating for this game is.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm not sure it has one, but it'd probably be rated M 'cause of the frequency of the F word. You can bleep it, but the ESRB wouldn't care; they rate the game as if it had no parental controls. (Remember Hot Coffee? That got GTA:SA rated AO for content that you couldn't even see in the game -- you had to use a mod to see it.)
  • edited November 2010
    furrykef wrote: »
    I'm not sure it has one, but it'd probably be rated M 'cause of the frequency of the F word. You can bleep it, but the ESRB wouldn't care; they rate the game as if it had no parental controls. (Remember Hot Coffee? That got GTA:SA rated AO for content that you couldn't even see in the game -- you had to use a mod to see it.)
    I say M, and as a side note ESRB rating is voluntary, but retail stores won't let sell them without a rating. I'm pretty sure Valve wouldn't put it on Steam without a rating but I don't know.
    edited November 2010
    I say M, and as a side note ESRB rating is voluntary, but retail stores won't let sell them without a rating. I'm pretty sure Valve wouldn't put it on Steam without a rating but I don't know.

There are many unrated indie games on Steam. Poker Night is also unrated. I don't know what rating it would receive since it wasn't submitted for rating.

As for the ESRB not caring if there is a censoring switch or not, that is likely the case, if you take Brutal Legend as an example. That game offers to bleep swearing, and to remove or reduce depictions of violence, but the rating on Brutal Legend is very firm.
  • edited November 2010
    There are many unrated indie games on Steam. Poker Night is also unrated. I don't know what rating it would receive since it wasn't submitted for rating.

As for the ESRB not caring if there is a censoring switch or not, that is likely the case, if you take Brutal Legend as an example. That game offers to bleep swearing, and to remove or reduce depictions of violence, but the rating on Brutal Legend is very firm.
    Can you answer me into my thread website support forum sections? I can't send PM for some reason because i can't go on the website normally.

Go in the website help section and read my thread please :S
  • edited November 2010
    Could a game really be rated M from profanity alone, though? Something tells me the only thing offensive about this game would be Tycho's extreme pottymouth.

But since it isn't being rated I suppose it doesn't matter, though.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.