Poker Night: Releases Nov 22

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
pokernightcast.jpg

Poker Night at The Inventory

Available Nov 22nd!

We're finally talking about the game! Let's hang out and discuss things. Learn about the Pre-Order bonus and other TF2 unlocks over at IGN PC's Poker Night preview, with a ton of other info at the Poker Night website.

Official Poker Night website
Images, trailers, FAQs, etc! Also Valve has posted an update to the Team Fortress site about it, too.

Trailer!
Check out the trailer at the official Poker Night website, or Telltale's YouTube channel.

Your forum questions answered:

Does everyone get the unlocks, no matter where they bought it?
Update: This has changed a bit! Yes, everyone gets the updates! No matter whether you buy the game from Steam, or from Telltale directly, you will be given a code to download a Steam copy. The Steam release is the only version which can talk to Team Fortress 2, so if you'd like to get your hats, be sure to play with that version. Telltale customers who have purchased Poker Night can get their Steam code here.

I pre-ordered before you announced the unlocks! (and/or at PAX in person!) Am I still eligible for the poker visor pre-order bonus?
Of course! Like your grandpa always said, a pre-order is a pre-order is a pre-order. Any orders placed, ever, in all time, right up until the game is released, will count.

Tycho talks?!
He does! He's voiced by Kid Beyond, who Telltale fans may recognize as Bugeye in Tales of Monkey Island, and the Narrartor in Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse. Fans of geek music may recognize him from his appearances at those sorts of events, too (eg: beatboxing vs drum machine faceoff at this Jonathan Coulton concert). We felt from his experience in those roles that he could capture the snarkiness, the gravitas, and the weird cultural crate digging any respectable Tycho needs to get through the day.

Official Mini-FAQ!
(Read the full FAQ here)

Is this a real thing?
You bet your britches. Poker Night at the Inventory is a full-on no-limit Texas hold'em game developed by Telltale in collaboration with Homestar Runner, Penny Arcade and Valve.

Ok, this game has Max, The Heavy, Strong Bad and Tycho in it? It's gotta be pricier than the platinum dipped power glove I just bought on eBay, right?
Nope, $4.95. Four dollars, ninety-five cents. Why? Because we love you and want you to play it, that's why.

What's this all about, anyway?
Poker Night at the Inventory is about getting characters we know and love into an environment where they can drop their guards and be themselves. You play cards and characters have the sorts of conversations you always imagined they had but have never heard. We set out to make a game that was big on character interaction because we thought it'd be cool to hang out and play cards with guys like Tycho, Max, Strong Bad and The Heavy.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Awesomeness.
  • edited November 2010
    BEAT ME ONCE?

SHAME ON ME.

BEAT ME TWICE?

SHAME ON ME, AGAIN.

BEAT ME THREE TIMES?

I am sent to death...
  • edited November 2010
    That trailer was so damn epic :D :D :D CAN'T WAIT!
  • edited November 2010
    Trailer is actually more focused on Heavy, which is awesome since I thought Heavy would have the weakest lines. Now I'm sure that'll be the best four-man show in the world.

Oh, and;

"F*** YEAH".
  • edited November 2010
    Please tell me like last time, those who preordered through the telltale version, we get the weapons through the honor system.
  • edited November 2010
    So is that Gary Schwartz, voice of Heavy? It's kind of hard to tell.
  • edited November 2010
    Hideous wrote: »
    So is that Gary Schwartz, voice of Heavy? It's kind of hard to tell.

It sounds like Gary Scwartz, I'm assuming it is.
  • edited November 2010
    Tycho's voice sounds familiar...
  • edited November 2010

It's the voice actor behind Bugeye from Tales of Monkey Island and the narrator from Devil's Playhouse, if I remember correctly. : )
  • edited November 2010
    Heavy sounds funny. It'd be nice to get some official word on if that's Gary Schwartz or not.

Also, Tycho sounds kind of...eh. But I think everybody has their own mental voice for the Penny Arcade characters, so I guess disappointment is inevitable there.
  • edited November 2010
    Team Fortress 2 voice actors actually have a tendency to forget how to do voices between updates. I remember Spy sounding kinda weird when he returned for Meet the Spy and his update.
  • edited November 2010
    Heavy sounds funny. It'd be nice to get some official word on if that's Gary Schwartz or not.

Also, Tycho sounds kind of...eh. But I think everybody has their own mental voice for the Penny Arcade characters, so I guess disappointment is inevitable there.

For the record I LOVE Tycho's voice, it sounds so fitting. I have a little hard time with the 3d model, though.
  • edited November 2010
    Team Fortress 2 voice actors actually have a tendency to forget how to do voices between updates. I remember Spy sounding kinda weird when he returned for Meet the Spy and his update.

Yeah, the voices always change.

Engineer's voice was deeper when he came for the Engineer Update voicelines.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    As Shaun said, it's definitely Gary Schwartz. Double confirmed!
  • edited November 2010
    K. Next confirmation, release date.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Please tell me like last time, those who preordered through the telltale version, we get the weapons through the honor system.

I believe there is an actual system for the unlocks this time. I'm not responsible for building any of it, but from what I'm told, as long as you have steam running while playing the game, the items will unlock appropriately.

The poker visor will be handled separately, and you'll receive a code via email sometime very soon.
  • edited November 2010
    NickTTG wrote: »
    I believe there is an actual system for the unlocks this time. I'm not responsible for building any of it, but from what I'm told, as long as you have steam running while playing the game, the items will unlock appropriately.

The poker visor will be handled separately, and you'll receive a code via email sometime very soon.

How soon and perhaps someone who helped build that system who can confirm what you are saying on the unlocks?
    edited November 2010
    K. Next confirmation, release date.

November! Day TBD.

Also, bonus confirmation: Both Steam customers and people who buy direct from Telltale get access to the TF2 unlocks.
  • edited November 2010
    Also, bonus confirmation: Both Steam customers and people who buy direct from Telltale get access to the TF2 unlocks.
    Including the pre-order hat?
  • edited November 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    November! Day TBD.

K next question. We dont get a steam version then? It would be like Nick said and we get the items as long as steam is running?
    edited November 2010
    Dorino wrote: »
    Including the pre-order hat?

Yes. I just cant confirm when that email allowing you access to the visor will reach you. I'm being told as early as tomorrow.
  • edited November 2010
    November! Day TBD.

But not this week or the next right?

I really want to use the pre-order discount of Poker Night, but I have no idea when I'll be able to so I just hope the release date is in the second half of the month at least .___.
    edited November 2010
    K next question. We dont get a steam version then? It would be like Nick said and we get the items as long as steam is running?

I guess Jake has to confirm everything I say here ;). You don't get an "official" steam version. That said, you can just add your Telltale copy to your "Steam Library" and run it like you would any other steam game, and there is virtually no difference.
  • edited November 2010
    I guess Jake has to confirm everything I say here ;). You don't get an "official" steam version. That said, you can just add your Telltale copy to your "Steam Library" and run it like you would any other steam game, and there is virtually no difference.

True but without steam i can play offline so ill be fine.

So here are the facts on tf2 items(the only confusing part)

1.Preorder item will be heavy only, and will be sent via email, which can be used immediatly in TF2?
    2.I just need steam running while playing a game to get the items
    3.We have a special mode in the game that appears where a character bets a tf2 weapon which will unlock.
    Anyone can confirm this, not just Jake;)
    edited November 2010
    True but without steam i can play offline so ill be fine.

So here are the facts on tf2 items(the only confusing part)

1.Preorder item will be heavy only, and will be sent via email, which can be used immediatly in TF2?
    2.I just need steam running while playing a game to get the items
    3.We have a special mode in the game that appears where a character bets a tf2 weapon which will unlock.
    Anyone can confirm this, not just Jake;)

haha thanks

1. correct
    2. indeed
    3. right on!
  • edited November 2010
    haha thanks

1. correct
    2. indeed
    3. right on!

Sweet, and the email you said is tomarrow.
    Sounds good, all thats left is the official release date, besides
    November. Which probably wont happen today.
    EDIT:Oh and will the new minigun and spy watch have any bonuses in tf2, or are they just for show like the S&M items.
  • edited November 2010
    Anyone else notice Flint Paper and Bluster Blaster in the background at some points in the trailer?
  • edited November 2010
    Cheri wrote: »
    Anyone else notice Flint Paper and Bluster Blaster in the background at some points in the trailer?

Hey the inventory was a club if you remember.
    Hey i wonder if that watch is a new dead ringer, after all it is transferable by death
  • edited November 2010
    Here's a question: If I bought the game on steam, before seeing I would get the items for pre-ordering here, which I've already done, will I be eligible to obtain the items twice?
  • edited November 2010
    I just wanna know exactly what is in the Pictures on the Wall next to Tycho. I can see the Sam and Max Art with the Giant Key but, the other two?
  • edited November 2010
    TRAILER!! FINALLY!!!

As a Penny Arcade enthusiast, I had to say I was a bit apprehensive about Tycho in general, especially the fact that he would be voiced. While his design's kinda "eh..." (but only because I have a fangasm every time I see Mike Krahulik's art. Prolly.), I'm actually pretty impressed by his voice. True, I always imagined it a little deeper and more "Smarter than thou, a-hole," sounding--Kid Beyond's voice reminds me more of my head-voice for Gabe, actually--but I like it. I see it growing on me in the future.

Plus, did anyone slow down to see the stills of the TF2 bonuses? The Pac-Man watch has Gabe/Tycho blood on it! BLOOD!!

Plus Heavy and Max and Strong Bad are pretty cool, too.
  • edited November 2010
    So we're getting an email for the visor, and win the other items in a poker game and take them to TF2? Wowser!

You're the best Telltale.
    It's also really good to hear Strong Bad again.
    I hope Tycho's watch is like one of the unlocks. I haven't used the regular invis watch since the Spy update. Maybe I need to get reacquainted with it.
    edited November 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    I just wanna know exactly what is in the Pictures on the Wall next to Tycho. I can see the Sam and Max Art with the Giant Key but, the other two?

The portrait is of Graham McDermott, author of the crazy dialog tool that powers much of the character interaction in our games. The others I won't go into yet!
  • edited November 2010

It's Kid Beyond (Andrew Chaikin.)

He's:
    - Max (In Culture Shock)
    - The Narrator
    - Papierwaite
    - Coronado De Cava
    - Bugeye
    - Various others in ToMI
  • edited November 2010
    See the gun, badge, glasses etc. are they availlable forever but you only get one of each? Also, can you get them through the Telltale version? If not, how do you? Or is it just you need the steam version? Sorry for asking questions that have been asked already, but just curious.

Anyway, looking forward to this, should be brilliant!
  • edited November 2010
    Nintomster wrote: »
    See the gun, badge, glasses etc. are they availlable forever but you only get one of each? Also, can you get them through the Telltale version? If not, how do you? Or is it just you need the steam version? Sorry for asking questions that have been asked already, but just curious.

Anyway, looking forward to this, should be brilliant!

The Visor is pre-order only. the other items are your winnings from the game. You can get all the items from either Telltale or Steam. Telltale version does NOT add the game to your steam account like the Devil's Playhouse did, but use an alternate system.
  • edited November 2010
    Okay then, thanks! :)
  • edited November 2010
    What if you don't have TF2, then unlock any of the items and buy TF2 later?
    Do you not get the items? Do you need to get them again? A little clarification would be great.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    The portrait is of Graham McDermott, author of the crazy dialog tool that powers much of the character interaction in our games. The others I won't go into yet!
    The other one looks like the Merleader from Tales of Monkey Island.
  • edited November 2010
    Don't mean to be rude, but when am I supposed to receive the mail with info on how to pick up the visor? : P
Sign in to comment in this discussion.