Poker Night at the Inventory (some sort of crossover game?..)

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Awesome art i found on Kotaku

pokernight.jpg
  • edited September 2010
    adrian2040 wrote: »
    In the Penny Arcade games, Tycho had a 3D model. Just saying...
    It may noot look like it but tycho is actually in 3D! Zoom his picture!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2010
    Tycho in the engine's not ready for prime time yet, which is why he's not in screenshots quite yet.

As for language, the game will either be bleeped or have an option to bleep.
  • edited September 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    Tycho in the engine's not ready for prime time yet, which is why he's not in screenshots quite yet.

Will you also bleep the word 'soda' and such as an in-joke?
  • edited September 2010
    now the question is: will this be telltales first ever M rated game?
  • edited September 2010

Yay! Thanks. I was wondering how you got the Chaps' approval to put SB in that type of game.

Also, the above Kotaku image is my new wallpaper.
    edited September 2010
    now the question is: will this be telltales first ever M rated game?

Moped, that prestigious honor goes to the prostitute laden, condom swabbin' CSI games.
  • edited September 2010
    Somewhat disappointed that it's only a poker game. Although, will max have his psychic powers in this game?
  • edited September 2010
    toa1995 wrote: »

pokernight.jpg

Make it my new wallpaper: DONE!
    Start petition for a print: MAYBE!
    edited September 2010
    Oh there's a print!

Anyone who preorders the game from our PAX booth walks away with the print. And they're big! 18x24.
  • edited September 2010

pokernight.jpg

That made me want this game.
  • edited September 2010
    Oh cool, I woke up to get this cool info. Well I know I'll be buying this; price does look good!
  • edited September 2010
    Oh there's a print!

Anyone who preorders the game from our PAX booth walks away with the print. And they're big! 18x24.

Aww, can you possibly sell the print on the Store soon? There are LOTS of people that can't go to PAX, but would love to have this print.
  • edited September 2010
    ill get it.

if theres a way to not use my credit card to pay. really. i do want to buy this game. its 5$, so it wont get me off track on saving for a PS3.
  • edited September 2010
    Oh there's a print!

Disappointed Mode: ON

T_T
  • edited September 2010
    I don't care if it's poker. Now that I think of it, this is going to be AWESOME!

This and Puzzle Agent make me curious about Telltale's attempt at non-episodic games.
  • edited September 2010
    Dang, I gotta make sure I pre-order this when I get Sam & Max Season 3 on Saturday. Looks like crazy fun.

It's odd to see the clash of art styles here. Tycho and Strong Bad are kind of cel-shaded, while Sam & Heavy are more traditional based. There probably will be a ton of lampshading about that.
  • edited September 2010
    I'd love to go to PAX to pre-order it there, unfortunately I'm a little short on money for a plane ticket to the States.
  • edited September 2010
    Petition to sell the print on TTG Store: Signed!
  • edited September 2010
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    I'd love to go to PAX to pre-order it there, unfortunately I'm a little short on money for a plane ticket to the States.

seconded
  • edited September 2010
    GaryCXJk wrote: »

I'm a little short on money for a plane ticket to anywhere.
  • edited September 2010
    Is this PC only? Unannounced?
  • edited September 2010
    Any chance we'll get a high-res version of that artwork?
  • edited September 2010
    Oh, by the way, Steam says it's Single Player only.
    edited September 2010
    BadStrong wrote: »
    Is this PC only? Unannounced?

PC/Mac
  • edited September 2010
    Oh, by the way, Steam says it's Single Player only.

Steam generally doesn't add all the information for games that are literally JUST announced.

Although I would be surprised if there is multiplayer. I'm expecting only singleplayer.
  • edited September 2010
    Also, I do hope this means we'll get a chance on some form of Penny Arcade Adventure, perhaps Automata?
  • edited September 2010

pokernight.jpg

This is pretty much what I pictured would happen. :D
  • edited September 2010
    Max's expression is perfect.
  • edited September 2010
    This is pretty much what I pictured would happen. :D

Me too
  • edited September 2010
    Any word on who did the art?
  • edited September 2010
    olimango wrote: »
    Any word on who did the art?
    Chuck BB.

Edit: Updated with better link to blog posting.
  • edited September 2010
    Wapcaplet wrote: »

Aha. Fantastic.
  • edited September 2010
    Anyone know if there will be a tutorial?
  • edited September 2010
    Given Dave Grossman's recent musings on in-game tutorials, I'd be shocked if there wasn't a comprehensive one:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/6100/a_journey_across_the_main_stream_.php
  • edited September 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    Given Dave Grossman's recent musings on in-game tutorials, I'd be shocked if there wasn't a comprehensive one:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/6100/a_journey_across_the_main_stream_.php

Dwpending on how comprehensive the presumed tutorial is, it could become a BIG selling point for the game.

"Poker Night at the Inventory, the funniest way to learn and play poker ever!"
  • edited September 2010
    Joystiq has a interesting tidbit of news:http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/02/its-poker-night-at-the-inventory-for-max-tycho-strong-bad-an/

Will that feature be Steam-only, or will it somehow work with all purchases?
  • edited September 2010
    I peorder it from steam!
  • edited September 2010
    Looks pretty AWESOME!

But we're gonna have the original voice actors, right? I don't know about Tycho, but if you don't have Gary Schwartz, Matt Chapman and William Kasten you can FORGET IT!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.