Poker Night at the Inventory (some sort of crossover game?..)

http://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/22235677858
New Telltale Games teaser on tomorrow night's GTTV.....some very special guest stars in this title.

Thoughts?

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-debut-untitled-telltale/703721

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Wouldn't they just say the name of it if it was an already announced product? Maybe it's a new series or pilot or that Texas Hold 'Em sequel they practically announced with that survey ages ago.

I want to guess something fantastic, so I'm going to say it's a Portal adventure game from the perspective of GLaDOS. Granted, Portal is already an adventure game, but I'm talking more traditionally so. :O
  • edited August 2010
    wow... not buyin' it
  • edited August 2010
    It's probably Lego Star Wars III.

:p
  • edited August 2010
    Telltale is going to make Lego Star Wars III?! OH sweet!
  • edited August 2010
    Oh, that. Yeah, that's just the teaser for the Futurama game they're gonna make.

THE ONE THEY WILL MAKE.
    7520_exorcist.gif
  • edited August 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Telltale is going to make Lego Star Wars III?! OH sweet!

http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/216227/money-for-nothing-and-your-kicks-for-free/
    the upcoming The Lord of the Rings role-playing game, War in the North), Rocksteady (Batman: Arkham Asylum), Telltale Games (Lego You-Name-It) and scooping up faltering Midway along the way. Turbine could simply be another feather in Warner's cap.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2010
    I am moderately excited about this.
  • edited August 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »

Euhm... You know that the Company doing the LEGO-Games was and will be "TTGames" formely known as "TravellersTales Games". The Telltale/TravellersTales-Typo happens alot. ;-)
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited August 2010
    In their eyes, the Sam & Max season finale trailer probably counts as "new". But hey, let's see! :)
  • edited August 2010
    The reason I assumed BTTF is I do not know of any guest stars for Sam and Max that could possibly show up. If we're lucky, though, Sam could team up with Donny Osmond.
  • edited August 2010
    I bet it will be the new CSI with an interview of actor from the series - to promote the upcoming game.
    It just make sense.

(BTW I think it's too early for any BTTF & JP material)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2010
    It's not anything Lego-related. Those are made by Traveler's Tales, aka TT Games. I know some people in here know that the above Lego posts were a joke, but I wanted to clarify.

I think you guys will be familiar with the contents of the thing, though.
  • edited August 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    I think you guys will be familiar with the contents of the thing, though.

Way to crush our hopes :(
  • edited August 2010
    PainDealer wrote: »
    Way to crush our hopes :(

Well, the way Jake worded it, it could be a Season 2, but we'll find out tonight.

I hope it's (even though it's VERY unlikely) an SBCG4AP 2 announcement by the Bros. Chaps themselves.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm not getting my hopes up; I think it's Sam & Max 305 (which is looking very awesome). That, or more Puzzle Agent (Jake and Sean mentioned on The Idle Thumbs Podcast that they were working on a very small, very weird project). CSI is a possibility, but Telltale never really handled the promotion for those games themselves. Of course, it could be Back to the Future, but I have a feeling that it's still way too early for that.

It's either one of those, or a new project. Not entirely new, going by Jake's words, and I don't think it's a new, previously unannounced season of one of their other franchises. I just don't see where they would get the time/manpower to make it.

Oh well, we'll see. How long until the teaser is supposed to be shown?
  • edited August 2010
    Could it be Tales 2 with Dominic as the guest star???

Probably not.
  • edited August 2010
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    Oh well, we'll see. How long until the teaser is supposed to be shown?

Tonight on Gametrailers TV(12:30 EST on SPIKE).
  • edited August 2010
    bttf

guest stars: michael j. fox, christopher lloyd, steven spielberg

and we're all very familiar with that stuff, 'cause we've seen all 3 movies several times.
  • edited August 2010
    McSpain wrote: »
    Euhm... You know that the Company doing the LEGO-Games was and will be "TTGames" formely known as "TravellersTales Games". The Telltale/TravellersTales-Typo happens alot. ;-)

Did you notice the comment under that article?
  • edited August 2010
    Oh, Geoff Keighley... The cocktease of gaming...

Seriously, if Geoff Keighley says "something special", you can be pretty certain you will be disappointed.
  • edited August 2010
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    Oh, Geoff Keighley... The cocktease of gaming...

Seriously, if Geoff Keighley says "something special", you can be pretty certain you will be disappointed.

Wait, Geoff Keighley and Peter Molyneux are the same person?
  • edited August 2010
    Are you guys excited or what? :)
  • edited August 2010
    We're excitable.
  • edited August 2010
    If I wasn't about to crash, and then I'm going to feel horrible if I miss it.
  • edited August 2010
    My phone is set to beep at 12:20. My body is ready I am ready.
  • edited August 2010
    I hope it's BTTF news, I don't think I can take another new Telltale title.
  • edited August 2010
    It's a Weird Al Show game. I'm calling it now.
  • edited August 2010
    Lucasarts has given them the okay to finish and release Sam & Max: Freelance Police. That's my prediction and I will stick by it even if it really does turn out to be something else.
  • edited August 2010
    A. An hour left!

B. Someone said 'Universal Studios Game!', and someone replied 'You ruin everything', and Geoff Keighley replied 'He didn't ruin anything', it's a Season Two, peoples. (I hope)
  • edited August 2010
    Does the show stream live on the gametrailers site, or do they put clips up after the tv broadcast is done?

I've found a spiketv stream, of dubious legality I assume, but would rather watch on the gt site if it's offered live and not geo-restricted.
  • edited August 2010
    Does the show stream live on the gametrailers site, or do they put clips up after the tv broadcast is done?

I've found a spiketv stream, of dubious legality I assume, but would rather watch on the gt site if it's offered live and not geo-restricted.

Nah, the full ep is put up tommorow (or later today in most countries :P), so I'd stick to that totally legal method.

Also; MixNMojo Put this up: http://mixnmojo.com/news/Telltale-to-announce-surprise-game-at-PAX
    Telltale, like all the cool kids, will be at the Penny Arcade Expo next week. Members of the Sam & Max team and Grickle/Puzzle Agent creator Graham Annable will be on hand to answer questions, including "when's Puzzle Agent Episode 2 coming out?" I hope.

There will be Back To The Future news at last, with Telltale bringing along "an actual DeLorean Time Machine" apparently. They'll be travelling back to March 2004 and try to set right what once went wrong presumably. Or am I thinking of Quantum Leap?

And yes, as you deduced from the story title there will be "a surprise game announcement" there too. Tales of Monkey Island Season Two? Puzzle Agent Part Two? Another Pilot Program game? Who knows?!
  • edited August 2010
    I'm hoping for ToMI season 2, but another Universal title could be interesting.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm hoping for ToMI season 2, but another Universal title could be interesting.

I'm seriously thinking Strong Bad, but I have no idea how that would have Guest Stars.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm seriously thinking Strong Bad, but I have no idea how that would have Guest Stars.

They Might Be Giants?
  • edited August 2010
    The Telltale Facebook status says "Tune in to GameTrailers TV tonight at 12:30 AM on Spike TV to catch a teaser trailer for one of our upcoming games. Hey, you might spot a famous face or two!"

Which reads like the guests may be in-studio (or filmed prior), not necessarily in-game. So it could be Strong Bad, with the Chapmans in studio.

But I'm still leaning towards Sam & Max Ep 5 (maybe with Purcell as a guest on the show).
  • edited August 2010
    Which reads like the guests may be in-studio (or filmed prior), not necessarily in-game. So it could be Strong Bad, with the Chapmans in studio.

Just what I was thinking!
  • edited August 2010
    Alright folks, GTTV starts in 2 minutes! Let's get excite!
  • edited August 2010
    I'm picking up the ex-ci-tations.
  • edited August 2010
    Am I the only one currently getting an episode of MANswers, and not GTTV?
  • edited August 2010
    That's what my stream is showing too. Are you watching on cable in the US?

Wait, good now.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.