Poker Night at the Inventory (some sort of crossover game?..)

Comments

• edited August 2010
    It's probably a new Texas Holdemup game with other characters.
  • edited August 2010
    You forget that cards are one of the toys of power.

Nah, someone already mentioned that.
    sam&maxfan wrote: »
    It's probably a new Texas Holdemup game with other characters.

Yeah, everyone already mentioned that.
  • edited August 2010
    you have used the first image i posted , see my post again i have add an bigger sized image

I used that, and my desktop still looks like this:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1826&stc=1&d=1283014094
  • edited August 2010
    Ringmaster, what is your screen resolution?
  • edited August 2010
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1826&stc=1&d=1283014094
    go to wallpaper settings and set the wallpaper to fit the whole screen
  • edited August 2010
    Ringmaster, what is your screen resolution?

Forgive me for sounding extremely stupid, but how do I find that out?
  • edited August 2010
    Some things I noticed in the teaser image...Only two characters are holding cards, with the character to their left simply posing. I'm doubting that it'll be Texas Hold Em as well considering the two card carrying characters have specifically 3 cards each. Of course I could just be looking too far into it, and we'll know what's going on in a few days regardless.
  • edited August 2010
    nodoctors wrote: »
    Some things I noticed in the teaser image...Only two characters are holding cards, with the character to their left simply posing. I'm doubting that it'll be Texas Hold Em as well considering the two card carrying characters have specifically 3 cards each. Of course I could just be looking too far into it, and we'll know what's going on in a few days regardless.

Hey, that's actually a good point! The characters are holding THREE cards! So it CAN'T be Texas Hold' em! Or at least, can't JUST be Texas Hold'em.
  • edited August 2010
    Forgive me for sounding extremely stupid, but how do I find that out?

Erm... Control Panel, Appearances, Resolution, etc.
  • edited August 2010
    Erm... Control Panel, Appearances, Resolution, etc.

1280 by 960.
  • edited August 2010
    Okay, here's a question; if you have to choose another character from each of the four franchises to replace their representatives, who would you choose?
    Me:
    -PA: Div
    -SaM: Skunkape
    -SB: Bubs
    -TF2: Soldier
  • edited August 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    Hey, that's actually a good point! The characters are holding THREE cards! So it CAN'T be Texas Hold' em! Or at least, can't JUST be Texas Hold'em.

Only Tycho and Heavy are apparently holding cards. A post I read in PA Forums made me think about it. Those may not be cards, but tickets, to be in a Telltale game, in which they can invite two more friends of theirs. That not only means it may not be a card game after all, but there might be a bazillion kajitillion of characters actually interracting with each other in a minigame fest or something better; a full 1-episode lenght point and click adventure game.
    Okay, here's a question; if you have to choose another character from each of the four franchises to replace their representatives, who would you choose?
    Me:
    -PA: Div
    -SaM: Skunkape
    -SB: Bubs
    -TF2: Soldier

-PA: Call me obvious but Gabe. Maybe Fruit Fucker.
    -SaM: Sal
    -SB: Coach Z
    -TF2: Never played, sadly, but Medic is my favorite.
  • edited August 2010
    Or, it's Telltale Uno.
  • edited August 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    -TF2: Never played, sadly, but Medic is my favorite.

Just watch the "Meet The Team" videos. They explain most of the characters already.
  • edited August 2010
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1826&stc=1&d=1283014094[img][/img]

Dude, you gotta get rid of IE... :D

Aaaanyway, all I got to say about the teaser: The plot thickens...
  • edited August 2010
    Just watch the "Meet The Team" videos. They explain most of the characters already.

Yeah I watched those.
  • edited August 2010

or, because its telltale, it could be a fps, or a puzzle game or a 2d old school platformer with 4 player co-op.

you know what? i really want that last one.
  • edited August 2010
    PainDealer wrote: »
    Dude, you gotta get rid of IE... :D

Aaaanyway, all I got to say about the teaser: The plot thickens...

Can someone help me understand why IE is hated so much?
  • edited August 2010
    Can someone help me understand why IE is hated so much?

It's slow and annoying.
  • edited August 2010
    Those four characters' main features are their personalities, not their body physique. Well, POSSIBLY not the Heavy, but he's got a fun character too.

With that said, I don't think Telltale will make an action game for them, but rather just something in the sense of what they already do.
  • edited August 2010
    Response to the video: Hmm... no. Not really interested in crossover games (mainly because 99% of the time the events happening in them are not considered cannon). If I buy it, it would only be because it has Sam and Max and if it was cheap or discounted. :/
  • edited August 2010
    Wow, whatever this is it's going to be the best birthday present ever.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited August 2010
    Well, it's Texas Hold'em 2 all right. They're holding cards, and unless it's another card game they're doing, this is about the only possibility.

Which means that I'm not at all exited and I'll pass. :(
    Gotta get more info on BTTF at PAX...

A Telltale fun racer? I'd even be in for THAT. I think the PC hasn't got enough of those, and the original Trackmania's one of my favourite games. It's also one of the few game types where I'd see the crossover idea working. There are so many incredible movie crossover failures out there...
  • edited August 2010
    I'll admit I'm curious by the trailer, my first reaction was "THE HEAVY?!" I don't know why I was shocked really due to the max hats and stuff. I don't really know what to think of it because well we didn't really see anything so I'm not gunna judge straight away, I'm not expecting magic though due to crossovers being so-so most of the time (cept SSBB of course) so I guess I'll wait and see, I might get it if it's cheap for just the sake of it though.
  • edited August 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    Can anyone think of any other company (apart from Nintendo) who could pull something like this off right now? I know that Sony are doing a game with Jak, Ratchet, Sly etc. in it, but I can't think of anyone else with a decent enough line up of characters that would warrant a crossover game.

Somebody has obviously never heard of Capcom, Sega or Namco
  • edited August 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    Can anyone think of any other company (apart from Nintendo) who could pull something like this off right now? I know that Sony are doing a game with Jak, Ratchet, Sly etc. in it, but I can't think of anyone else with a decent enough line up of characters that would warrant a crossover game.

Also, for the record, I'm gonna say I'm 90% certain that Wallace, Guybrush, LeChuck, etc., are all in this game too. Sorry if this has already been talked about, I skipped a lot of pages.

Pretty much any company could do it if they're licensing characters from other companies, like Telltale is. But yeah Sega and Capcom have been doing this all the time. Konami's tried it a few times too.
  • edited August 2010
    Really stoopid and annoying question coming up:

I never EVER found Tycho, or the entire show/cartoon/comic/whatever of theirs, as being funny. It's just... not funny. So why use that character?
  • edited August 2010
    Breakman wrote: »
    Response to the video: Hmm... no. Not really interested in crossover games (mainly because 99% of the time the events happening in them are not considered cannon). If I buy it, it would only be because it has Sam and Max and if it was cheap or discounted. :/

You know, they don't have to be canon to be fun. It can just be a 'what-if' story. Also, if this is a card game, then it'd basically have no plot other than four cool guys playing card.
  • edited August 2010

I never EVER found Tycho, or the entire show/cartoon/comic/whatever of theirs, as being funny. It's just... not funny. So why use that character?

Because the world isn't populated entirely by you, and a lot of people (likely including some people at Telltale) do find the comic funny?
  • edited August 2010
    I'm completely shocked to hear Penny Arcade is going to be crossed over with Sam & Max and Strong Bad. I hope this isn't a Texas Hold 'Em because I will be deeply disappointed :(
  • edited August 2010
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Because the world isn't populated entirely by you, and a lot of people (likely including some people at Telltale) do find the comic funny?

Well damn... & people call me confrontational
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2010

:( A lot of people in the Telltale office like Penny Arcade, and they have many Telltale fans in their office as well.
  • edited August 2010
    I actually prefer for this to be a card game rather than a racing game. I mean, racing's fun and all, but they don't really showcase the characters' personalities, as well as dialogue writing, which is one of the main things I look for in a Telltale game.

In Telltale Texas Hold 'Em, the four characters actually talk to each other during gameplay, and not just random responses shouted at one another. When Dudebrough talks to Boris Krinkle, he really is saying something to him, not just say some random phrase applicable to the rest of the characters, but something specifically written for these two characters to say.

I'm not sure if this can be done in racing games, because the characters hardly talk to each other other than the usual "I'm ahead of you!" phrases during gameplay. I want Max to actually talk to Strongbad, to ask about his boxing glove and compare notes on pummeling, not just say "Gotcha!" or "Eat my dust!"

Okay, maybe I'm being too harsh on racing games. I'm not saying that they lack personality or can't be funny. It's just that it feels a bit tacky for Telltale to make a game like that. Same goes for crossover party games and fighting games, actually.

Now, if it were an adventure game, it can be good, or it can turn into a cheesy Bleedman-esque story.
  • edited August 2010
    I think everyone's wrong, and that it's just a trailer for Sam & Max 305.
  • edited August 2010
    xbskid wrote: »
    I think everyone's wrong, and that it's just a trailer for Sam & Max 305.

If 305 gets released on the 30th of August, then why would it be announced on September 2nd?
  • edited August 2010
    If 305 gets released on the 30th of August, then why would it be announced on September 2nd?

Because you touch yourself at night
  • edited August 2010

He was probably joking about the trailer thing.
  • edited August 2010
    He was probably joking about the trailer thing.

Or maybe Telltale is doing a Back To The Future thing where they release a game before they announce it. If they are, then let me just say; it's a really dumb idea, Telltale. Stop it.
  • edited August 2010

Because... he is funny.
  • edited August 2010
    Meh...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.