Poker Night at the Inventory (some sort of crossover game?..)

Comments

• edited August 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    I think it'll just be the four pictured, but if you're getting W&G, then we also need Guybrush (or Morgan). :D

I hope it's not just the four (assuming it's what I think it is). A sequel's gotta up the ante, after all. *rimshot*

Agreed about Guybrush though.
  • edited August 2010
    If it's a huge mash-up, I hope they only have one character per franchise. Like, no Sam, no Gabe, no Spy, no Homestar. That was in my opinion what the Smash Bros games did wrong, it's no fun if two characters already know each other in a mash-up game. More games please.
  • edited August 2010
    All the characters were holding cards so its probably texas hold'em 2
  • edited August 2010
    it may be the secret game official trailer
  • edited August 2010
    What?
  • edited August 2010
    the one that isnt named is tthe2
  • edited August 2010
    I'll be disappointed if it is a Texas Holdem game, can't stand them and not very good at playing them either if it was a Super Smash Bros type game then yes please!!!
  • edited August 2010
    that is awesome
    p.s.if you look closely the people are holding cards
  • edited August 2010
    I'm not a big fan of Texas Hold-'Em either. Personally, I hope they include loads of different card games, as long as all fun conversations between characters are present.

Fighting games ain't Telltale's thing.
  • edited August 2010
    Since the Heavy is is in this, it'll likely be published on steam primarily.
  • edited August 2010
    i cant only be on steam
  • edited August 2010
    Having Max play without having Sam in the same room is going to be weird. Hopefully the inter-franchise banter will make up for that.
  • edited August 2010
    Harald B wrote: »
    Having Max play without having Sam in the same room is going to be weird. Hopefully the inter-franchise banter will make up for that.

I bet there will be plenty of character to make up for the missing Sam. Tycho maybe? :P

BY THE WAY, what's the song in the trailer? I love it, and it seems very familiar.
  • edited August 2010
    I really hope it's an adventure or a platformer, not just some card game.
  • edited August 2010
    check it again and look closely
  • edited August 2010
    Cyrus7 wrote: »
    I really hope it's an adventure

I doubt a storyline would work very well with the mixture of universes, unless they do it like Smash Bros, where it's not the actual characters running around, but instead trophies of them sprung to life with the same personalities and traits.
  • edited August 2010
    I doubt a storyline would work very well with the mixture of universes,

"Universes crash, collide, and merge, killing thousands, and mutating millions into horrible interdimensional abominations, vaporizing worlds and civilizations into dust, all for the sake of one thing...

For four people to get together for a game of Hold'em

Telltale Texas Hold'em 2: The final card game ever."
  • edited August 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    It's the characters, they're back, but in pog form! You remember pogs, Highway?

Yay! Telltale Texas Pog Trading Game RPG!
  • edited August 2010
    Surprisingly, most people on the TF2 Steam forum aren't raging about this. I think that might be a first for them.
  • edited August 2010
    Oh, and if it is Telltale Texas Hold'em 2, which it probably is, please, please, Telltale, give it a good tutorial. I have no idea how to play card games.
  • edited August 2010
    Surprisingly, most people on the TF2 Steam forum aren't raging about this. I think that might be a first for them.

:confused:
  • edited August 2010
    I'm not sure if I'd be interested in a card game, just because it has 4 characters from different franchises...
    So I hope it's not a card game, but a fighting game or something.
  • edited August 2010
    The TF2 forums knew they were doing something with him for a month. Wish I knew this earlier.

Edit: Oh my God. Someone in that thread said the Pyro should get a Strong Bad Mask. WANT.
  • edited August 2010
    The TF2 forums knew they were doing something with him for a month. Wish I knew this earlier.

Edit: Oh my God. Someone in that thread said the Pyro should get a Strong Bad Mask. WANT.

Well, we DEFINITELY know its the Heavy now.

Now the question is, is it Tycho or is it a new Guybrush model?
  • edited August 2010

Tycho.
  • edited August 2010
    I thought I was delucional for see the Heavy. At least I'll not be the only one O.O
  • edited August 2010

There is no doubt in my mind that it's Tycho.
  • edited August 2010
    That is indeed Tycho.

And Telltale somehow manages to get awesomer and awesomer.
  • edited August 2010
    Im surprised no one
    A.realized max has his gun and not a deck of cards
    B.isnt it possible the heavy and thycho have the gift and are carrying the mind reading cards(just that there are 2 of them)
  • edited August 2010
    There are 3 companies that I trust completely to make great games: Nintendo, Telltale and Valve. And hey, two of them are in this game. :D
  • edited August 2010
    I think Max might be holding cards at the same time as his gun. I wouldn't put it past him to use both at once, honestly.
  • edited August 2010
    Strong Bad is holding nothing
  • edited August 2010
    Just tried the first Texas Hold'em game, and it is AWESOME, I am now more excited at this game! Though Telltale better expect some disappointed fans after they found out that it's just a card game.
  • edited August 2010
    I know it seems to be a card game (Telltale's Texas Hold'em 2 or similar), but I still have (very little) hope that it will be the Telltale Racing Mario-Kart style I'm craving for.
    Well, I'll wait for the next crossover game...
  • edited August 2010
    I've always thought a Super Smash Bros Telltale Edition would work.

Imagine if Telltale and Nintendo joined forces...... :O
  • edited August 2010
    I know it seems to be a card game (Telltale's Texas Hold'em 2 or similar), but I still have (very little) hope that it will be the Telltale Racing Mario-Kart style I'm craving for.

I would expect something like that it was a pure Telltale game. It's a crossover of the characters of other companies and I assume it's just another poker game.

I mean I WOULD be playing something that great if I knew how to play poker in the first place. I guess I'll just be missing it.

Oooooooor they may be making a game where there are MORE than 4 characters, which is actually a minigame fest, and only one of them is poker. So I wouldn't cross out the possibility of a racing game.
  • edited August 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    Oooooooor they may be making a game where there are MORE than 4 characters, which is actually a minigame fest, and only one of them is poker. So I wouldn't cross out the possibility of a racing game.

This would be great!
  • edited August 2010
    I've always thought a Super Smash Bros Telltale Edition would work.

Imagine if Telltale and Nintendo joined forces...... :O

Now, Max doesn't quite fit in with the family-friendly demographic Nintendo is aiming for, does he? I mean, yeah, imagining that kind of a cooperation would also mean Nintendo making games hinting mental disturbance, psychopaths, and pulling out rat entrails.

..:O!!!!
  • edited August 2010

Well, a Telltale Kart Racing game would have less in-character interactions between the characters (aside from using weapons and bumping) during gameplay, and the interactions between these characters is what I'm really hoping for.

I'm just hoping that, if it is a Telltale Texas Hold'em, the character's arms will move more than the first one.
  • edited August 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    I'm just hoping that, if it is a Telltale Texas Hold'em, the character's arms will move more than the first one.

So, like, more than 1 pixel?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.