Poker Night at the Inventory (some sort of crossover game?..)

Comments

• edited August 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    That's what my stream is showing too. Are you watching on cable in the US?

It was, but GTTV is starting now.
  • edited August 2010
    ...And it's trailer for crossover withMax, and Strong Bad and says Find out How 9.2.10.
  • edited August 2010
    Oh. my. god. Someone name those two other guys NOW!
  • edited August 2010
    I want to say one was Duncan from Wallace, but I'm not quite sure.
  • edited August 2010
    Was that it...? A teaser to say something is happening on Sept 2? My screen froze, and I saw 4 silhouettes. Anyone get a screengrab?
  • edited August 2010
    Tycho from Penny Arcade, and the big guy from Team Fortress 2?
  • edited August 2010
    I saw the Heavy from TF2 and I missed the fourth party.

EDIT: Ninja'd.
  • edited August 2010
    Wait wait wait?

Texas Hold Em 2?

Telltale Kart?

Oh man, I hope there's going to be more.
  • edited August 2010
    ...what was that? Was that the entire thing? Are Max and Strong Bad the "celebrities"?
  • edited August 2010
    I was about to ask if I was crazy and seeing the Heavy.
  • edited August 2010
    A Team Fortress character pack?
  • edited August 2010
    They only showed a Telltale logo, no Valve logo anywhere...

Man, I wish these guys would stop talking about Halo.
  • edited August 2010
    My four ideas:

The one on the right is a cartoon Doc Brown, and it's just news on the style of the new Universal games.

A crossover game.

Also, I keep seeing that big guy as a TF2 Heavy.

Finally, maybe the two unknown guys are from DOTT and Full Throttle, and it's a super-fanservice game.

EDIT: Wow, lots of posts happened while I was posting mine. Now that I look at it, I think it's Tycho and the Heavy too, but I hope it's not, because I'm only 13, and those characters would probably mean M.
  • edited August 2010
    I honestly have no idea what to make of that entire thing. I have 80 hours logged in TF2 and I didn't even notice the Heavy. :p
  • edited August 2010
    All the text I saw was the date, did it say "a crossover game"? Anything else?
  • edited August 2010
    Nice use of Fugue and Dies Irae, but....that was it? Seriously?
  • edited August 2010

It said something like 'You haven't seen these guys together before'
  • edited August 2010
    It said I bet you never expected to see these guys together. That implies a crossover.

EDIT: DAMN IT NINJA'D AGAIN!
  • edited August 2010

No, it didn't use the words "crossover game". It was more along the lines of "what do these have to do with each other? Find out on 9/2/10."

Crap. Secret Fawful and StLouisRibs said the right thing. I was still baffled by the silhouettes. :p
  • edited August 2010
    I sincerely hope it's a crossover adventure game, not racing or something like htat and I can't wait until the morning when the full episode is posted on GT.com.
  • edited August 2010
    So, erm, is anyone going to post this on YouTube for those of us without cable? :P
  • edited August 2010
    All of them but SB seem to be holding something.
  • edited August 2010
    So, erm, is anyone going to post this on YouTube for those of us without cable? :P

It'll be online once the West coast has aired.
  • edited August 2010
    This will be all over the Internet tomorrow morning.
  • edited August 2010

EDIT: Wow, lots of posts happened while I was posting mine. Now that I look at it, I think it's Tycho and the Heavy too, but I hope it's not, because I'm only 13, and those characters would probably mean M.

Do you mean to say that you've made a screenshot? Because posting that right here would make you a legend, my man.
  • edited August 2010
    So can we get this moved by a mod to general and/or 'Secret Project' catagory?
  • edited August 2010
    I can move it to General, I need a higher up to make a new category.
  • edited August 2010
    Is PAX on September 2nd?
  • edited August 2010
    Is PAX on September 2nd?

Yup.

And I'd move it to general and maybe retitle it Telltale Project Discussion or something like htat.
  • edited August 2010
    It's already moved and retitled. Do keep up. :p
  • edited August 2010
    The whole Max-has-psychic-powers reveal was pretty big, but this is just... woah.
  • edited August 2010
    Here's the trailer, that's definitely Tycho and The Heavy. http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-debut-untitled-telltale/703720
    EDIT:...Neeeevermind that.
  • edited August 2010
    picture1yq.png
  • edited August 2010
    Tycho and Heavy are holding cards. Telltale Texas Holdem 2.
  • edited August 2010
    Whoa, they're totally holding cards. I was just kidding with Texas Hold Em 2! This could be so awesome.

My guess: It's not a crossover game. The Heavy makes it too weird, I don't know if Valve would go for that. I think Tycho is there because of PAX, Max because season 3 is pretty new, and Telltale is supposed to reveal a new game at PAX (according to MixnMojo), so that could explain Strong Bad. The Heavy is just....hanging around...

Man, this is weird. And awesome. And weird.
  • edited August 2010
    Aw, I had a video, but GTTV beat me to it. and yes, that MUST be Tycho and the Heavy. Sadly, that means it's possibly one of two TTG series I can't get because of rating. But, can someone please upload that teaser as a wallpaper?
  • edited August 2010
    Hey now...A card game I'll actually be interested in.
  • edited August 2010
    For the record: I changed my usertitle earlier today. So I predicted the future.
  • edited August 2010
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    The Heavy is just....hanging around...

That doesn't make any sense. Why pick Heavy to just hang around of all people. Now you are probably right about Tycho being there because of PAX, but they wouldn't throw in a random character from another company into their teaser for no reason.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.