Poker Night at the Inventory (some sort of crossover game?..)

Comments

• edited August 2010
    For the record: I changed my usertitle earlier today. So I predicted the future.

Without even knowing it!
  • edited August 2010
    Yahtzee is inspirational.

"Sniping is like a point n click adventure game, although the only command here is use gun on man"
  • edited August 2010
    Aw, I had a video, but GTTV beat me to it. and yes, that MUST be Tycho and the Heavy. Sadly, that means it's possibly one of two TTG series I can't get because of rating.

Just because Tycho and the Heavy are in an existing M rated game, doesn't mean that this new game will necessarily have the same rating.
  • edited August 2010
    So, it's a Telltale Celebrity Texas Holdem 2. A little underwhelming for me compared to a crazy crossover adventure game, but it sounds pretty cool. I guess a crossover adventure game would probably be kinda cheesy unless done right.

Oh, and that's definitely Tycho.

tychoshade.png

Note the tiny neck, the chin and the details on his hair.
  • edited August 2010
    That doesn't make any sense. Why pick Heavy to just hang around of all people. Now you are probably right about Tycho being there because of PAX, but they wouldn't throw in a random character from another company into their teaser for no reason.

I wasn't being totally serious you know ;).

I guess this is that weird game Jake Rodkin, Sean Vanaman and 6 others have been working on (according to Idle Thumbs). I wonder if it's part of the pilot program. Oh well, we'll see at PAX.
  • edited August 2010
    They wouldn't feature Tycho or the Heavy and use that teaser tagline if they weren't all in the game.

Edit: Oh, I missed that you weren't being 100% serious.
  • edited August 2010
    Also, I can't see them putting Tycho in the trailer and him not being in the game, seeing as it said they'd all be together.

And I just almost spelled "said" as "sayd". I'm tired.

Oh hey, jp-30 beat me to it by a minute.
  • edited August 2010
    It didn't mention a game. Maybe it's a 25-minute long short film done in the Telltale engine.
  • edited August 2010
    From the Gametrailers-site:
    What on Earth could these characters possibly be doing in the same place? Telltale's next game brings them all together!

So yeah, they're talking about an actual game, not some other project. Who knows who wrote that though. I don't think the guys at GT know a lot more than we do.

Man, out of everything they could have shown, this is probably the most confusing possibility. I like it.
  • edited August 2010
    Interesting guest stars indeed! Tycho would be an especially odd selection, since this could be the first time that the character is given voice acting (or perhaps the first Telltale character to speak using only text bubbles?)

Also, while I have no objection to a sequel to Telltale Texas Hold'Em, I would hope it's not just another Texas Hold'Em game, since that isn't exactly my favorite card game, and if I'm going spend money on a computer card game it's nice to get a variety of options.
  • edited August 2010
    Are you guys gonna give Tycho a voice? Like, y'know, voiced by Jerry Holkins? Or is he just gonna have subtitles, like in Penny Arcade Adventures?
  • edited August 2010
    I like someone on Kotaku's theory that this is a spiritual succesor to the A-Team.
  • edited August 2010
    i like someone on kotaku's theory that this is a spiritual succesor to the a-team.

lol
  • edited August 2010
    But how will Sam and Max react when they play cards with 'Leonard'?
  • edited August 2010
    I like someone on Kotaku's theory that this is a spiritual succesor to the A-Team.

It's an A-Team Telltale game with the voices of Matt Chapman, William Kasten, Jerry Holkins, and Gary Schwartz (That last one I had to imdb).

Also, they play Yu-Gi-Oh cards now.

Oh, also, I saw the gameplay of Telltale Texas Holdem on youtube, and a game like that with Tycho, Heavy, Max and Strongbad would actually be awesome! It'd be cool watching these characters interact with each other.
  • edited August 2010
    The Orgastic Four ride again for the first time.
  • edited August 2010
    Tycho and Heavy are holding cards. Telltale Texas Holdem 2.

and now my dreams are crushed....hard....
  • edited August 2010
    I'm really interested in this because of the whole Homestar thing. Do you think the reason for the lack of toons is because they've been in California recording dialogue (for every single character?!?!?)
  • edited August 2010
    I'm really interested in this because of the whole Homestar thing. Do you think the reason for the lack of toons is because they've been in California recording dialogue (for every single character?!?!?)

Ooh! The completion of this game could also mean the return of Homestar Cartoons!

But I think only Strongbad is in the game. In the first Telltale Texas Holdem, there's only 4 characters, so I'm guessing it's the same here.
  • edited August 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    Ooh! The completion of this game could also mean the return of Homestar Cartoons!

Oh, but I think only Strongbad is in the game.

If this were the best crossover ever, it would have dialogue from all 9 TF2 Classes, Gabe and Tycho, All The Original Hold 'Em'ers, Sam, Max, Bosco, Sybil, Sal (pleeeeeease?), Strong Bad, Strong Sad, Pom Pom, Homestar, Homsar (plox), Strong Mad, Bubs, the KOT, Marzipan, Coach Z, The Cheat, and The Poopsmith.
  • edited August 2010
    Texas Hold 'Em 2 or not, this has certainly shot up to my most anticipated game of PAX. Can't wait for the reveal.
  • edited August 2010
    i think its just the ones in the picture.
  • edited August 2010
    If this were the best crossover ever, it would have dialogue from all 9 TF2 Classes, Gabe and Tycho, All The Original Hold 'Em'ers, Sam, Max, Bosco, Sybil, Sal (pleeeeeease?), Strong Bad, Strong Sad, Pom Pom, Homestar, Homsar (plox), Strong Mad, Bubs, the KOT, Marzipan, Coach Z, The Cheat, and The Poopsmith.

I guess. Though the 4 characters in the teaser is good enough for me.

And I disagree, the best crossover ever would involve the cast of Futurama and The Doctor. Oh, and Plastic Man.
  • edited August 2010
    Telltale Texas Hold'em 2? With these guys? Sounds interesting
  • edited August 2010
    Telltale needs to buy us all a Delorian so we don't have to wait to play their games.
  • edited August 2010
    One thing still kinda worries me. Okay, only a little kinda worries me.

Okay, just something I keep thinking about, I actually don't mind either way; there's these 4 characters, 3 of them had voices we're already familiar with, and then there's Tycho.

If I remember correctly, the reason Penny Arcade Adventures didn't have full voice acting is because everyone imagined these characters' voices differently while reading the comic, and it's difficult to find one voice that pleases everyone, and frankly, that's one of the complaints I had for Telltale's Bone game.

The best way I could think of to deal with this is having Jerry Holkins voice him, but still, there will be complainers, in the veins of "tehy made tycho sounds gay, dis game sux".
  • edited August 2010
    Telltale needs to buy us all a Delorian so we don't have to wait to play their games.

Seen this;

http://mixnmojo.com/news/Telltale-to-announce-surprise-game-at-PAX
    There will be Back To The Future news at last, with Telltale bringing along "an actual DeLorean Time Machine" apparently.
  • edited August 2010
    If this is a card game I will be so crushed :(
  • edited August 2010
    4 of PC's most iconic characters in a single game?

This is why I love you Telltale!

I will become a card game player!
  • edited August 2010
    If this is a card game I will be so crushed :(

BUT LOOK AT THE CHARACTERS!

Oh my god, I'm so happy Strong Bad is still alive.
  • edited August 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »

All they did was buy THEM a Delorian. Where is my Delorian? Telltale is turning into another Lucasarts; they're a disappointment. All they care about is hoarding Delorians like a bunch of Scrooge McDucks. I'm entitled to a Delorian. And do you know why? Because my foot hurts. And my entire butt, crack and all, is itchy. I demand my compensation.

I want a Delorian! I have to have it! I have to I have to I have to!
    tantrum.gif
    tantrum.gif
  • edited August 2010
    I heard that the first one was to be given to you but now you've made everyone think of your buttcrack, they've changed their minds.

doodo's getting it instead.
  • edited August 2010
    I want Strong Bad NOW!
  • edited August 2010
    Ahem.

I want Strong Bad NOW please.
  • edited August 2010
    I hate poker, but I'll be buying this game with gusto... the dialog will be unbelievably funny. (insert jump-to-conclusions mat pic, but it's obviously TTTH2... or maybe a Magic-type game? Dare I hope?)

I also hope that either Wallace or Gromit are in it.
  • edited August 2010
    I don't know if Telltale could get the licenses for characters from other games just to make another poker game... unless it has some kind of twist to it.
  • edited August 2010
    ShaggE wrote: »
    I hate poker, but I'll be buying this game with gusto... the dialog will be unbelievably funny. (insert jump-to-conclusions mat pic, but it's obviously TTTH2... or maybe a Magic-type game? Dare I hope?)

ill buy it no matter what it is!
  • edited August 2010
    The twist is... that they've got the licenses for characters from other games.
  • edited August 2010
    This is ridiculously cool, and a fun thing to wake up to!
  • edited August 2010
    ShaggE wrote: »

I think it'll just be the four pictured, but if you're getting W&G, then we also need Guybrush (or Morgan). :D
    ill buy it no matter what it is!
    It's the characters, they're back, but in pog form! You remember pogs, Highway?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.