Poker Night at the Inventory (some sort of crossover game?..)

Comments

• edited August 2010
    I'm still skeptical about seeing Max sitting on a table, doing nothing but staring at his cards.

Too much for sugar rushes.
  • edited August 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    I'm still skeptical about seeing Max sitting on a table, doing nothing but staring at his cards.

Too much for sugar rushes.

He's obviously going to shoot the others' cards and/or jump up on the table.
  • edited August 2010
    If it's a poker game i'm not gonna bother. If it's a full adventure game lets just hope it doesn't end up like one of those crappy Hanna-Barbera crossovers, The Flintstones meet The Jetsons sorta shite

That said, anything for a bit more Strong Bad :)
  • edited August 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    That said, anything for a bit more Strong Bad :)

For reals! (A-tell me what the deal's)
  • edited August 2010
    If its a minigame fest than wiiware would work(if its multiplayer i mean) OH online multiplayer of this would rock.
  • edited August 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    If its a minigame fest than wiiware would work(if its multiplayer i mean) OH online multiplayer of this would rock.

Im in 100% agreeance here
  • edited August 2010
    I am not interested in the slightest. Card games bore the hell out of me.
  • edited August 2010
    Has anyone from Telltale explicitly said that this is a game? Or is that an assumption that we're all making?

'cause I think it's just a Steam sale featuring all four games - Penny Arcade Adventures, Sam & Max (not sure which series, maybe all of them), Team Fortress 2 and SBCG4AP. That seems pretty logical to me.
  • edited August 2010
    I am not interested in the slightest. Card games bore the hell out of me.

Well, in Telltale Texas Hold 'em 1, the best thing is that the characters all interact with each other, shouting insults, comebacks, etc. So, the best thing about these 4 franchises coming together is that these characters will interact with each other.

That said, I guess a game with a story would be cooler.
    Has anyone from Telltale explicitly said that this is a game? Or is that an assumption that we're all making?

'cause I think it's just a Steam sale featuring all four games - Penny Arcade Adventures, Sam & Max (not sure which series, maybe all of them), Team Fortress 2 and SBCG4AP. That seems pretty logical to me.

Yeah, but I don't think they'd make a huge deal about a sale, to the point that they're having a teaser of the announcement for it. Either that, or Telltale will be facing hell from hyped up fans.
  • edited August 2010
    Apparently Telltale have had the model for the heavy, so I think they've put him into a game
  • edited August 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Im surprised no one
    A.realized max has his gun and not a deck of cards
    B.isnt it possible the heavy and thycho have the gift and are carrying the mind reading cards(just that there are 2 of them)

Heavy with psychic powers? That would explain how he can kill people by pointing at them.
  • edited August 2010
    Can anyone think of any other company (apart from Nintendo) who could pull something like this off right now? I know that Sony are doing a game with Jak, Ratchet, Sly etc. in it, but I can't think of anyone else with a decent enough line up of characters that would warrant a crossover game.

Also, for the record, I'm gonna say I'm 90% certain that Wallace, Guybrush, LeChuck, etc., are all in this game too. Sorry if this has already been talked about, I skipped a lot of pages.
  • edited August 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    Also, for the record, I'm gonna say I'm 90% certain that Wallace, Guybrush, LeChuck, etc., are all in this game too. Sorry if this has already been talked about, I skipped a lot of pages.

I dunno, Aardman and LucasArts are bigger than Penny Arcade and Homestarrunner.com. Valve is bigger also, but they also worked a lot with Telltale on Steam. I thought that all Aardman and LucasArts did was just give the license and some consultations while Telltale was working on WaG and TOMI.
  • edited August 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    I know that Sony are doing a game with Jak, Ratchet, Sly etc. in it.

SLY! Sony is finally doing something with Sly! Hooray!
  • edited August 2010
    SLY! Sony is finally doing something with Sly! Hooray!

Also, there's the Sly Collection out this fall.
  • edited August 2010
    I've checked PA forums. Noone says a word on this one, or I'm just that much of a blind idiot not to see any threads about it.

Maybe it's not a thrilling issue for them :/

EDIT: K found it. Closed the whole damn thing after I saw the post about that guy expecting to see the Maxx instead of the rabbity-thing.
  • edited August 2010
    I still REALLY want to know what that music in the trailer is! It can't be new, can it? It is so familiar! : O
  • edited August 2010
    But... how could Strong Bad play cards with his gloves on??
  • edited August 2010
    I still REALLY want to know what that music in the trailer is! It can't be new, can it? It is so familiar! : O

Sounds like clasic Jared Emerson-Johnson to me. Which is awsome.
  • edited August 2010
    Not sure what I think of this. I'm not much of a PA or TF2 fan (don't kill me!), but the idea of Sam & Max and Strong Bad together is kinda the best thing ever.
  • edited August 2010
    fco. wrote: »
    But... how could Strong Bad play cards with his gloves on??

How can you type without?
  • edited August 2010
    It's a never heard of until September 2nd game. I can identify the characters as this: Tycho from Penny Arcade, Max, The Heavy from TF2, and Strong Bad.

Telltale gets better and better.
  • edited August 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    Not sure what I think of this. I'm not much of a PA or TF2 fan (don't kill me!), but the idea of Sam & Max and Strong Bad together is kinda the best thing ever.

What?!

BURN THE HERETIC!
  • edited August 2010

Apperently, it's from 205.
  • edited August 2010

Um. It's from Sam and Max Episode 205. Can be listened to in the diorama room.
  • edited August 2010
    What?!

BURN THE HERETIC!

I'm not a fan of shooters and PA just isn't my thing. Does that mean you can put away the matches?

....Guys, put away the matches please.
  • edited August 2010

It's Fugue and Dies Irae from the Sam and Max Season Two soundtrack.
  • edited August 2010
    Can someone please make a wallpaper out of the teaser?
  • edited August 2010
    Sam & Max, Stong Bad, Team Fortress 2 and....Penny Arcade? What?

What does a webcomic that has so far made one funny joke have to do with three great and hilarious game franchises? Are they paying for the whole thing to be made?

Hopefully there are plenty of other characters to drown them out.
  • edited August 2010
    It would have been awsome if it was not a card game and was a point and click game.
  • edited August 2010
    It would have been awsome if it was not a card game and was a point and click game.

We don't know yet.
  • edited August 2010
    Can someone please make a wallpaper out of the teaser?
    wallpaperu.png
    there you go
  • edited August 2010
    Sam & Max, Stong Bad, Team Fortress 2 and....Penny Arcade? What?

What does a webcomic that has so far made one funny joke have to do with three great and hilarious game franchises? Are they paying for the whole thing to be made?

Hopefully there are plenty of other characters to drown them out.

Penny Arcade is seen as the most appreciated fan work and criticism, even to a degree it's known and anticipated by most game developers (such as Namco, as they asked Penny Arcade authors to draw a parody comic for their latest Tekken game, and added Penny Arcade character Cardboard Samurai as an unlockable costume for Yoshimitsu), has their own twisted humor very much alike seen in Sam and Max -which is imo very creative and spawned WAAY more than only ONE funny joke-, has a charity brand of their own named Child's Play, and running expos every year which was said to be bigger than the effing E3 this year.

It's not only one little cute webcomic, I'm afraid.
  • edited August 2010
    We don't know yet.

True, these are all speculations. We still haven't got any solid facts about it, so as far as we know, it could just be an upcoming T-Shirt, or a poster, or even just the result of several strange coincidences, where Telltale accidentally made a teaser trailer, accidentally put it up on GameTrailers, and GameTrailers accidentally wrote about it. And on PAX, when everyone was asking about it, they go "What? what are you guys talking about?"

That happened to me once, I fell on my keyboard and accidentally produced an award winning novel, which got accidentally sent to Universal Studios, and was accidentally adapted into a movie, accidentally starring Christopher Lee. Man, life is funny that way.
  • edited August 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    That happened to me once, I fell on my keyboard and accidentally produced an award winning novel.

Just like how I urinate gold nuggets and once crapped an entire perfect Statue of David
    I could post pics of the entire process, but that would be too NSFW for this forum, plus I like to keep them for myself and spend an hour every day staring at them
  • edited August 2010
    just like how i urinate gold nuggets and once crapped an entire perfect statue of david
    i could post pics of the entire process, but that would be too nsfw for this forum, plus i like to keep them for myself and spend an hour every day staring at them

hoarder.
  • edited August 2010
    Tycho
    Max
    Tf2 heavy
    Strong bad

I came.

Telltale I love you. I normally don't offer up my soul to just anyone.... but.... man... How can you tie these games together? Its so great.... however.... WHERE IS MY SPY TTG SERIES!!?? Imagine all the puzzles! Sap door. Sap random object. Sap person. Go invisible for no reason. Disguise.

TTG is officially my favorite developer ever, surpassing Double fine and insomniac. Well done.
  • edited August 2010
    there you go

It's not fullscreen for me.
  • edited August 2010
    It's not fullscreen for me.
    you have used the first image i posted , see my post again i have add an bigger sized image
  • edited August 2010
    You forget that cards are one of the toys of power.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.