Poker Night at the Inventory (some sort of crossover game?..)

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    BEGSANOTHERQUESTION

Will Tycho have a 3D model? He never had one, and it's practically hard because of the 2D drawing style of his is known to have inconsistencies when looked from different angles.

he had a 3d model in on the rain slick presicpice of darkness.
  • edited August 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    he had a 3d model in on the rain slick presicpice of darkness.

Yeah yeah it was all my wrong assumptions.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm surprised nobody's suggested this yet... (if you have, sorry, it would be easy to miss a single post in this thing)
    What if the four of them came together to play a card game, but that's not the main plot? Eg, someone is killed and it becomes a murder mystery?
  • edited August 2010
    yeah, what if its a point and click game in disguise as a card game simulator?
  • edited August 2010
    I'm thinking it could just be a plot device like said above, but I'd say it's pretty obviously a TTG Hold 'Em 2.
  • edited August 2010
    jolson42 wrote: »
    I'm surprised nobody's suggested this yet... (if you have, sorry, it would be easy to miss a single post in this thing)
    What if the four of them came together to play a card game, but that's not the main plot? Eg, someone is killed and it becomes a murder mystery?

Okay.

Not only Sam and Max, Strong Bad, PA and TTF, but also Telltale's Texas Hold'em AND CSI multicrossover.

Interrresstiiiing.
  • edited August 2010
    OR it could be a platformer with 4 player co-op.
    because co-op is the thing these days.
  • joeldeejoeldee Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2010
    One thing I'd offer to all this ... whatever kind of game it could be would offer interesting characterizations and script. That been a big part of what Telltale games have been all about.

- Joel
  • edited August 2010
    Well, maybe it could be something like Disney's new "Guilty Party" game(multiplayer mystery).
  • edited August 2010
    joeldee wrote: »
    one thing i'd offer to all this ... Whatever kind of game it could be would offer interesting characterizations and script. That been a bit part of what telltale games have been all about.

- joel

pointandclickohmygodpointandclick
  • edited August 2010
    joeldee wrote: »
    One thing I'd offer to all this ... whatever kind of game it could be would offer interesting characterizations and script. That been a bit part of what Telltale games have been all about.

- Joel

And here I was thinking it's an everything PC crossing over with everything else PC fighting game. Though a script and characterization is about as difficult in a card game than a fighter. It still may be some kinda point and click em up (or rpg?) (or kart racer I guess?)

My guess: RTS outta nowhere.

Anyway the big question on my mind, does this mean Homestarrunner.com may be updated? (Gasp of disbelief!)
  • edited August 2010
    Telltale Tower Defense!!!

Or, Telltale Trading Card Game.

The plot for it:

I have no clue, I'm not that brilliant as a writer.
  • edited August 2010
    This looks really cool! It could b 3 things:

-SBCG4AP Season 2 (doubtful)
    -A brand new crossover game (most likely)
    -A party/ minigame game (umm, eww)
    -Texas Hold 'em 2? (I sure hope not)

I really, really, really, REALLY hope it's anything but a Party Game, ANYTHING!!! Though I have confindence in Telltale and they have yet to let us down so I'm still excited!
  • edited August 2010
    I'll look into it if it's anything but a card game. I don't want a dull card game with somewhat interesting characters. But I just want to see Strong Bad again! ;)
  • edited August 2010
    ..aaand it's a comic book!
  • edited August 2010
    Oh boy, a crossover game where you could possibly play Max!! It's about time.
  • edited August 2010
    ..aaand it's a comic book!

I.. don't think anything has been announced. Proof?
  • edited August 2010
    I.. don't think anything has been announced. Proof?

Nah, I'm just trying to empathize me and bunch of others to face the worst case scenario. Although now I think of it, comic book kind of sounds promising...
  • edited August 2010
    i dont care about anyone else in this game, i just want Homestar Runner to return to teh interwebz :D
  • edited August 2010
    What if the silouettes have nothing to do with the actual game?
  • edited August 2010
    Trenchfoot wrote: »

I'm sorry for your loss.
  • edited August 2010

Uhh, what?
  • edited August 2010

Now THAT'S a twist!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2010

In the second, secret followup trailer, the camera will move 2 feet to the left, revealing the silhouettes to be cardboard cutouts, from behind which emerge two dozen Hidden People! Puzzle Agent fake-out.

If we'd ever done a Bone 3, the trailer I wanted to make would start with a silhouette against red of what looked like Max's face -- just an oval and the two dot eyes -- but then he would look surprised and turn to the side, at which point you'd see the huge Fone Bone nose. As the camera panned out you'd see that the "red background" was actually just the huge Red Dragon. But we didn't make one of those.
  • edited August 2010
    Is there an extended version of the song in an MP3?
  • edited August 2010
    BoneFreak wrote: »

It's on the S&M Season 2 Soundtrack.
  • edited August 2010
    It's on the S&M Season 2 Soundtrack.

Song name?

And what is The Heavy holding?

(P.S Some guy on Youtube said The Heavy is really the guy from Full Throttle. What a lie..)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2010
    BoneFreak wrote: »

The track is Fugue and Dies Irae from the Sam & Max Season Two Soundtrack.
    Buy it here on this excellent CD!
  • edited August 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    The track is Fugue and Dies Irae from the Sam & Max Season Two Soundtrack.
    Buy it here on this excellent CD!

Sell me the final boss song in 302 NOW.

Pleaaaase? :3
  • edited August 2010
    This might have been said before, but it looks like some of the characters are holding either tickets, or cards...

Is it a card game? A collectible card game?

Thank goodness we're getting more info in just a few days, rather than a month from now. Excellent timing on that. I don't think I could stand to wait any longer than that.
  • edited August 2010
    Fancy Worm wrote: »
    This might have been said before, but it looks like some of the characters are holding either tickets, or cards...

Is it a card game? A collectible card game?

They kind of admitted that the game has a script, so that mostly rules out the possibility of a card game.
  • edited August 2010
    Sweet Strongbad,Tycho,Max,and Heavy Weapons Guy all my favorite characters appeared
  • edited August 2010
    The Characters in the trailer are:
    1. Max (Sam & Max)
    2. Strong Bad (Strong Bads cool game for attractive people or Strong Bad Emails)
    3. (this was a tricky one but it appears to be) Heavy (from Team Fortress 2)
    4. (This seems to be a character from penny arcade on the rain slick precipice of darkness)

this could be right but the 4th one I'm not sure of.
  • edited August 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    In the second, secret followup trailer, the camera will move 2 feet to the left, revealing the silhouettes to be cardboard cutouts, from behind which emerge two dozen Hidden People! Puzzle Agent fake-out.
    How can 24 people hide behind these small characters? Unless they were in reality over 20 feet on average.
  • edited August 2010
    They kind of admitted that the game has a script, so that mostly rules out the possibility of a card game.

On the contrary, i believe a few people in this thread pointed out that a big part of the card game they're looking forward to is the interactions between the characters. Perhaps that is the "interesting characterizations and script." Or, perhaps not. Wait until Thursday.
  • edited August 2010
    Or, perhaps not. Wait until Thursday.

If you're going to tell us something, don't tell us to do the impossible :(
  • edited August 2010
    Jeeze, this is Smash Brothers Brawl all over again.

Maybe SONIC will be in it!
  • edited August 2010
    Oh yeah, and congrats to Shauntron for giving us NO F%&#ING IDEA what it is.
  • edited August 2010
    Maybe its Alien Swarm with these characters ? That could be kinda cool. Heavy doesnt like alien bugs!. It costs 1million dollars to kill aliens with minigun for 10secounds lol
  • edited August 2010
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    How can 24 people hide behind these small characters? Unless they were in reality over 20 feet on average.

Hidden People are hidden.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.