Poker Night at the Inventory (some sort of crossover game?..)

Comments

• edited August 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    Hidden People are hidden.

Except when they cause mischief
  • edited August 2010
    On the contrary, i believe a few people in this thread pointed out that a big part of the card game they're looking forward to is the interactions between the characters. Perhaps that is the "interesting characterizations and script." Or, perhaps not. Wait until Thursday.

Exactly. People who are disappointed by the thought of it being "just a card game" should really check out the first Telltale Texas Hold'em.
  • edited August 2010
    Exactly. People who are disappointed by the thought of it being "just a card game" should really check out the first Telltale Texas Hold'em.

Then again, Hold'Em has been around since the company's start, and it's been all point n' clicks (with the exception of puzzle agent) from there, so no one really expects it.

But then again, what if all those characters are in a mafia in the game, and The Heavy is a gambler?
  • edited August 2010
    No one expects it? Judging by this forum at least, a lot of people expect it. But still, I'm not saying it's definitely Texas Hold'em: The Sequal: The Crossover: The Game: The Movie. It could be one of them point and click games. Or Rather, a click and drag game (which I've grown to despise, for the record. But I'm getting off-point.) we'll just hafta wait and see what Telltale brings us. But it will be awesome, that you can be assured of.
  • edited August 2010
    I dare say it?
    RPG Style Game in each of these charicter's worlds.
    Eep I said it!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2010
    RMJ1984 wrote: »
    Maybe its Alien Swarm with these characters ? That could be kinda cool. Heavy doesnt like alien bugs!. It costs 1million dollars to kill aliens with minigun for 10secounds lol

Haha that would be awesome! And weird. I imagine it being something like this. Or not.
  • edited August 2010
    Tagmannn wrote: »
    I dare say it?
    Eep I said it!

..and why not say it?

My bucks would be on that shizzle.
  • edited August 2010
    Tagmannn wrote: »
    I dare say it?
    Eep I said it!

Let's make it an action-RPG, and throw in some Disney and Final Fantasy characters as well. Kids'll eat that right up!
  • edited August 2010
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Let's make it an action-RPG, and throw in some Disney and Final Fantasy characters as well. Kids'll eat that right up!

Can it be like paper mario instead? owo
  • edited August 2010
    Let's make it an action-RPG, and throw in some Disney and Final Fantasy characters as well.
    That'll NEVER work...
  • edited August 2010
    215553137_eFbNy-L-2.jpg

215553259_W2HYa-L-2.jpg
  • edited August 2010
    215553137_eFbNy-L-2.jpg

215553259_W2HYa-L-2.jpg

Foreshadowing!
  • edited August 2010
    215553137_eFbNy-L-2.jpg

215553259_W2HYa-L-2.jpg

So it's going to be a mockery of Telltale Texas Hold'em? I'd rather have episodic FPS poker.
  • edited August 2010
    I am amazed at how many people can actually deny that this is That Poker Game We Announced In A Survey Months Ago.
  • edited August 2010
    Could it possibly be a Collectible Trading card game ala Magic: The Gathering?
  • edited August 2010
    Kolgax wrote: »

If it is I will punch my computer so hard Telltale will feel it.
  • edited August 2010
    Kolgax wrote: »
    If we're going by the survey they did awhile back, the possibilities are pretty much confined to other normal-deck card games.
  • edited August 2010
    I wonder if there'll be multiple card games in this one. At the very least, I'd love an Indian Poker minigame (yes, it's from Sam and Max Season 1, but it's a real game). I can imagine Tycho saying "Max, if you're looking at your reflection in a mirror or a shiny, oversized clown nose, I will kill and skin you."

Edit: I don't know if anyone else has bought this up, but I've realized something about the voices - we know who'll probably be doing three of them, but nobody has ever voiced Tycho before. They deliberately almost completely left voices out of the Penny Arcade RPGs because everyone has their own ideas about how the characters sound (well, that and it was undoubtedly cheaper that way). For once, the question about a Telltale game's voice acting isn't who, but what. Personally, I've always imaged Tycho as having a deeper voice than Gabe.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm getting more and more curious as to what the Heavy would have to say in a card game.

"Royal flush is credit to team!"
    "We must push little cards!"
    "ENTIRE TABLE IS BABIES!"
  • edited August 2010
    And here I was thinking it's an everything PC crossing over with everything else PC fighting game. Though a script and characterization is about as difficult in a card game than a fighter.
    Telltale Games Insult Sword Fighting!

A "fighting" game like you've never seen before... :p
  • edited August 2010
    Telltale Games Insult Sword Fighting!

A "fighting" game like you've never seen before... :p

Monkey Kombat?

.. oh wait... we HAVE seen it before
  • edited August 2010
    If it IS a cardgame, include Pazaak.

Okay? :D
    (I might even buy it then 0_0)
  • edited August 2010
    ShaggE wrote: »
    I'm getting more and more curious as to what the Heavy would have to say in a card game.

"Royal flush is credit to team!"
    "We must push little cards!"
    "ENTIRE TABLE IS BABIES!"

"Blue sweater man will pay!"
    "Little rabbit is cute! But not too cute to LOSE!"
    "How is mask man playing with boxing gloves on?"
  • edited August 2010
    tabstis wrote: »
    It's gonna be a good week:
    Sam and Max on Monday
    This game announced on Thursday
    Metroid on Friday

:)

I thought Metroid came out on Tuesday, like all modern retail video games do. The slowest retail day is Tuesday, so retailers make deals with the entertainment industries to have new retail releases on Tuesdays to draw in customers.
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    "Blue sweater man will pay!"
    "Little rabbit is cute! But not too cute to LOSE!"
    "How is mask man playing with boxing gloves on?"

Some existing TF2 Heavy quotes could be used directly. Such as (including filenames if you have TF2 and GCFScape, these are in Team Fortress 2 Content.gcf under tf\sounds\vo):

Wins:
    "You are no match for me!" - heavy_domination02.wav
    "Go ahead and cry, baby." - heavy_domination03.wav
    "I have squashed you like bug." - heavy_domination07.wav
    "Do I smell soiled baby diaper?" - heavy_domination10.wav
    "Uh oh, I think someone soiled diaper." - heavy_domination11.wav
    "The burning you feel? It is shame." - heavy_domination15.wav
    "Your luck runs out." - heavy_revenge02.wav
    "You are not so good as you think." - heavy_revenge05.wav
    "Did you think you could beat me?" - heavy_revenge08.wav
    "Cry some more!" - heavy_specialcompleted09.wav

Loses:
    "Stupid, stupid, stupid!" - heavy_jeers03.wav
    "Oooh, it is sad day." - heavy_jeers05.wav
    "Tell me, where did we go so wrong?" - heavy_jeers08.wav
    "Oh no!" - heavy_negativevocalization02.wav
    "Not good!" - heavy_negativevocalization03.wav

Other comments:
    "Guns are for babies." - heavy_meleedare02.wav
    "All of you are babies!" - heavy_yell11.wav
    "I am not done with you yet." - heavy_revenge14.wav
    "You are so small, is funny to me!" - taunts\heavy_taunts02.wav

Other game types:
    Black Jack: "Hit me, I dare you." - heavy_meleedare04.wav
  • edited August 2010
    Super Telltale Bros. Brawl? :D
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2010
    I'm fairly certain by now we've broken the internet.

Mission success.
  • edited August 2010
    Powerlord wrote: »
    I thought Metroid came out on Tuesday, like all modern retail video games do. The slowest retail day is Tuesday, so retailers make deals with the entertainment industries to have new retail releases on Tuesdays to draw in customers.

I'm in Europe where we get games on Friday instead of Tuesday. Gives us the whole weekend to play :)
  • edited August 2010
    If it IS a cardgame, include Pazaak.
    Sure!
    And, if you include a tutorial, maybe this time I understand how the hell works that game.

Pazaak and Sabacc, please!!!
  • edited August 2010
    Max should make reference to the fact that the last poker player who crossed him spent more than a year tied up in the closet.
  • edited August 2010
    And, if you include a tutorial, maybe this time I understand how the hell works that game.
    You've played both KOTORs and have no idea how Pazaak works? Or...?
    Or do you just not understand a few of the new rules of KOTOR2 or what?

I think "it's somewhat like blackjack but you need 20 instead of 21 and have 4 bonus cards" pretty much sums it up the way it was in KOTOR1 :D.
  • edited August 2010
    If this is anything but a poker game with non-canon guest appearances by Penny Arcade, Sam and Max, TF2 and Strong Bad, I will be extremely disappointed.

Sam and Max are funny, StrongBad is very much NOT funny and Penny Arcade is about as hilarious as child molestation. Furthermore, the comedy styles (or so-called comedy styles) of the three series are very different and not compatible.

For the love of God, please no adventure game featuring Sam and Max and Penny Arcade!

(Although the Penny Arcade video games were actually surprisingly good, for as long as you just ignored the unfunny storyline and played it for the RPG combat)
  • edited August 2010
    Shauntron wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain by now we've broken the internet.

Mission success.

Now that the mission is a success, PLEASE tell us :D
    Or I'll ruin the end to TCTDNS ;)
  • edited August 2010
    (comics)

Nice try, pal. Copyright 2006..
  • edited August 2010
    There betta be euchre. Then I'll be happy.
  • edited August 2010
    Or I'll ruin the end to TCTDNS ;)
    Then we'll probably all kill you. With our minds... THROUGH THE INTERNET.

Be warned!
  • edited August 2010
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1836&stc=1&d=1283092974
    If I'm not mistaken, from left to right we have Tycho from Penny Arcade, Max from Sam and Max, Heavy Weapons Guy from Team Fortress 2, and Strong Bad from Homestar Runner. What could this mean? Is this a crossover, or several different Telltale projects?
    Either way, now I can't freakin' WAIT for the Penny Arcade Expo.

Also, This.
  • edited August 2010
    I can imagine it now...

Max: Read em and weep: 3 dispencers and 2 Divs.
    Strong Bad: Aw crap! All I got was 2 Skunkapes, a Homsar, a Scout and a lousy Monkey Dude!

Heavy: You may have outsmarted me Rabbit but let's see you outsmart Boolet! (Picks up Sasha)
    Max: (Takes out Luger) Oh boy! It's just like my dad's poker games when I was young.
  • edited August 2010
    I'd like to know, though: Besides PAX, when have Penny Arcade and Telltale been buds?
  • edited August 2010
    Heavy: You may have outsmarted me Rabbit but let's see you outsmart Boolet! (Picks up Sasha)
    Max: (Takes out Luger) Oh boy! It's just like my dad's poker games when I was young.

Tycho: Jeezus, guys, be careful! Someone PAID for this ******* computer!
  • edited August 2010
    I am going on record as saying it is NOT Telltale Texas Holdem' 2. The only purpose to making the original texas holdem game was to test out the Telltale Tool. It was basically a demo of the technology they were planning on using for Bone and eventually all their adventure games.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.