Poker Night at the Inventory (some sort of crossover game?..)

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I wouldn't mind if the swears wear bleeped out. It ,might acctually make it funnier, case in point: Max's joke in "Abe Lincon must Die" or "Meet the Spy".
    Spy: And now he's here to BLEEP us!
  • edited September 2010
    aw... i don't like poker... sure, this might be more fun, but it's still poker
  • edited September 2010
    Bleeping would be pretty lame, keep it optional to censor it, or just write it without any "effing of jeffing"

Don't write a line of remarkable profanity then cover it up with bleeps though.

I doubt anyone would fly off the rails over *gasp* swearing in a video game if it's got the appropriate rating
  • edited September 2010
    Jake wrote:
    It's single player. The games about playing poker/hanging out with all of those characters with their personalities intact. There's more dialog in this game than in a Sam & Max episode, both for poker playing and for the ambient conversations that spring up and roll around the table as the game goes on.
    (from here)
    (bolding mine)
    Very interesting.
  • edited September 2010
    Just jumped straight to the end of this topic, so I don't know if this has been answered but I must ask it anyway...

Will this have multiplayer? Kinda a deal breaker if it doesn't cause funny as the dialogue may be I don't want to only be able to play cheating computers.
  • edited September 2010
    Now that I know what it is, I'm super excited for it. Telltale Texas Hold'um is the only Telltale Game that worked on my computer (aside from Sam and Max 201, but that went really slow) so I'm definataly getting this.
  • edited September 2010
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    maybe each character's 'rules' could bleed out a little to those who interact with them.

"fudge you, you butt-playing-with bundle of sticks! Wait, what the heck?"
    "welcome to my world, captain pottymouth. Talk to me and it's pg all the way!"
    "well, at least i can still use my self-invented racist slur, you stupid chuwero."

yes!
  • edited September 2010
    dentbuds wrote: »
    Now that I know what it is, I'm super excited for it. Telltale Texas Hold'um is the only Telltale Game that worked on my computer (aside from Sam and Max 201, but that went really slow) so I'm definataly getting this.

Well, keep in mind that Telltale Texas Hold Em is a pretty old game by now. Just because they're both poker games doesn't mean that they will have the same system requirements. In fact, I highly doubt it. If you can barely run Sam & Max 201, I think you're going to have a lot of trouble running this game.

Here are the system requirements (according to Steam):
    PC System Requirements

Minimum:
    o OS: Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7
    o Processor: 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
    o Memory: 1GB RAM
    o Graphics: 128MB DirectX 8.1-compliant video card
    o DirectX®: Version 9.0c or better
    o Hard Drive: 100MB space free
    o Sound: DirectX 8.1 sound device

Recommended:
    o OS: Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7
    o Processor: 3 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
    o Memory: 1GB RAM
    o Graphics: 256MB DirectX 8.1-compliant video card
    o DirectX®: Version 9.0c or better
    o Hard Drive: 100MB space free
    o Sound: DirectX 8.1 sound device

I really need to get my hands on that poster. If it ever shows up in the store, it's mine.
  • edited September 2010
    Probably doing the same as with Puzzle Agent, getting it with money when doing another order of Sam&Max stuff and hope it's enjoyable.
  • edited September 2010
    Well, we're getting a Windows 7 soon, so I'm assuming that It'll work. But if it gets lost in the mail, then i'll still try it.

what poster do you speak of?
  • edited September 2010
    what poster do you speak of?

Oh, that last part of my post didn't really have anything to do with my reply to you. For more information on the Poker Night-poster, see the other topic.

In other news, did anyone notice how this section of the forums is called 'At The Inventory', and that Poker Night is only a sub-forum here? Does that mean that Poker Night is part of the pilot program, and later 'episodes' could revolve around other games played at the Inventory?
  • edited September 2010
    Pirate dogs playing poker. Just putting it out there =0).
  • edited September 2010
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    Oh, that last part of my post didn't really have anything to do with my reply to you. For more information on the Poker Night-poster, see the other topic.

In other news, did anyone notice how this section of the forums is called 'At The Inventory', and that Poker Night is only a sub-forum here? Does that mean that Poker Night is part of the pilot program, and later 'episodes' could revolve around other games played at the Inventory?

I was thinking that exact same thing, different games, different characters? :D

Blackjack, Texas Hold'em, even MONOPOLY!(Run by the banker, whose board game kills!)
  • edited September 2010
    Well, we're getting a Windows 7 soon, so I'm assuming that It'll work.

It's not the Windows 7 that's important, actually. It's the video card. Devil's Playhouse works well on my XP.
  • edited September 2010
    I really hope it is in fact multiplayer.
  • edited September 2010
    I guess they can now class all those hours playing TF2, and reading webcomics at work as "research"!
  • edited September 2010
    I wouldn't mind if the swears wear bleeped out. It ,might acctually make it funnier, case in point: Max's joke in "Abe Lincon must Die" or "Meet the Spy".
    Spy: And now he's here to BLEEP us!

Talk with the girl which use mild swear words in English just because to a Spanish Speaking person do not sound that bad. Big Swear words in English for the other side, all the people here can catch it.
  • edited September 2010
    I watched "Meet The Heavy" and think he will be an awesome character. I might buy TF2 soon. I'm reading the Penny Arcade comics, and well, it doesn't really appeal to me.
  • edited September 2010
    See shwoo's post on page 39, it's single player.
  • edited September 2010
    See shwoo's post on page 39, it's single player.

As the only guy I know who's probably ever heard of Sam and Max, Homestar Runner, Team Fortress 2, and Penny Arcade, I am fine with that.
  • edited September 2010
    Weird question: Would Strong Bad posibly call either Tycho, Max, or the Heavy a "gossipy southern butt"?

Explanation:http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18320

Or, would any other character from Sam and Max, Penny Arcade, Homestar Runner, or Team Fortress 2 fit that description?
  • edited September 2010
    I'm hoping for it to be released this month, and Back To The Future next month, so that there's no month without Telltale.
  • edited September 2010
    Having just found out what this game is all about, I am happy and look forward to buying it. What I really want to know is whether there's a tutorial or not. I've never played poker before.
  • edited September 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    Having just found out what this game is all about, I am happy and look forward to buying it. What I really want to know is whether there's a tutorial or not. I've never played poker before.

Probably.
  • edited September 2010
    I dunno about this. It seems silly to make a poker game and not make it multiplayer. At the same time it's really cheap.

Still... no multiplayer...
  • edited September 2010
    Zonino wrote: »
    I dunno about this. It seems silly to make a poker game and not make it multiplayer. At the same time it's really cheap.

It could be an online multiplayer. Chew on that for a while.
  • edited September 2010
    Zonino wrote: »

It's probably just like Telltale Texas Hold 'Em; single player, and you're playing as "A mysterious figure known only as 'The Player'", playing against Tycho, Strongbad, Heavy and Max.
  • edited September 2010
    I'm REALLY pumped about the game (I mean, more dialogue than a Sam and Max game? Wowza.) but I have zero idea on how to play poker. I'm hoping that there is a thorough tuturial, if not I'll have to look it up online.
    I kinda hope the theory about 'At the Inventory' being a series that Poker Night is just the first instalment of is true, it would be cool to have them play other games/see other characters interact.
  • edited September 2010
    Very much looking forward to this.

Does anyone know if this is another pilot game like Puzzle Agent or just a definite stand alone?
  • edited September 2010
    Pre-ordered. It's going to be interesting, that's all I can say.
  • edited September 2010
    Pre-ordered. It's going to be interesting, that's all I can say.

did you get anything along side it?
  • edited September 2010
    did you get anything along side it?

The Sam and Max DVD. That is all.
  • edited September 2010
    I ordered the same thing. Poker Night and the Sam and Max DVD
  • edited September 2010
    Is it me or Tycho looks 3D in this poster?
  • edited September 2010
    Mr Nutt wrote: »

OMG the quote on that poster is epic. I'm really looking forward to this game now. And yeah Tycho will be 3D... just, you know, shaded to look like a cartoon or something like that.
  • edited September 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    It's probably just like Telltale Texas Hold 'Em; single player, and you're playing as "A mysterious figure known only as 'The Player'", playing against Tycho, Strongbad, Heavy and Max.

I Really hope that I can play as Strong Bad.
    I would also like to be rewarded for playing well (as SB) by SB jumping from his chair saying: "I finally have enough to build my theam park!!"
    :cool:
  • edited September 2010

it is just you
  • edited September 2010
    i think it would be interesting to play as the character and play as a mysterious newcomer called the player (ie. u the viewer faces of against all 4 video game stars)
  • edited September 2010

I can sorta see it.
  • edited September 2010
    Hey, do any of you guys know if you can put Telltale's games on your flashdrive? I was reading that Poker Night's only 1GB, and mine holds 4. I mean, I've already got the first Halo on it, so why not a poker game?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.