Poker Night at the Inventory (some sort of crossover game?..)

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Ah crap, I ordered the signed S&M poster yesterday, knew I should have waited!
  • edited September 2010
    Steve2911 wrote: »
    Ah crap, I ordered the signed S&M poster yesterday, knew I should have waited!

"Good things come to those who wait." I'm thinking about waiting a bit longer because I think there might be an even better deal for Pre-ordering the Universal Games.
  • edited September 2010
    "Good things come to those who wait." I'm thinking about waiting a bit longer because I think there might be an even better deal for Pre-ordering the Universal Games.

More like "The early bird gets food poisening from the top worm on the pile". Ah well, maybe I can use this for the TOMI poster.
  • edited September 2010
    Wow a poker game
  • edited September 2010
    Here is a song to listen to while you wait for details: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy0gTIo0vQQ
  • edited September 2010
    Cool, sounds like fun. And cheap too!
  • edited September 2010
    well im getting a $25 Visa Card soon so i will be picking up all 3 S&M DVD's This, Puzzle Agents, and 102 of ToMI
  • edited September 2010
    JFreeman wrote: »
    It costs $400,000 to play poker for 12 seconds.

Oh, who cheated? WHO LOOKED AT MY HAND?
  • edited September 2010
    25% off the entire cart.... I am interested... if not... I think I will pass on this one.
  • edited September 2010
    What a bunch of wasted potential. Oh well...
  • edited September 2010
    What a bunch of wasted potential. Oh well...

In your opinion, of course.

This game is cheap and probably fairly quick to make. Telltale obviously wasn't out to make a massive crossover adventure title. That would take up a lot of resources, which they are more than likely saving for Back to the Future and Jurrasic Park.

This is just a short, neat little title accessible to everyone.
  • edited September 2010
    I... need... a... trailer...

Or screenshots or something...
  • edited September 2010
    In case anyone is to lazy to go to the store page here is the description.

Prepare for a different kind of poker night in a very different kind of club. In Poker Night at the Inventory, you'll deal with Penny Arcade's clever, cunning Tycho, Team Fortress 2's hulking Heavy, Homestar Runner's self-proclaimed "awesome icon" Strong Bad and the hyperkinetic "rabbity-thing" from Sam & Max. These characters come together in ways some never thought possible, in a setting few would have predicted. You'll experience a new style of poker, particularly when hands don't go the way of the other fiery competitors at the table.
  • edited September 2010
    Screen shots at the Steam game page:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/31280/

They might not be actual in-game graphics at the moment, but still looks interesting.

Also 10% off if you buy it through them.
  • edited September 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    I... need... a... trailer...

Or screenshots or something...

Perhaps they will release some during PAX this weekend. That's our best chance, me thinks. The web reveal was probably just to keep their "September 2" promise from the trailer.

EDIT: Nevermind. This is glorious.
  • edited September 2010
    The background of the frontpage changed. You can see Strong Bad, Max and the Heavy. I guess the trailer is really, really close now.
  • edited September 2010
    olimango wrote: »
    In your opinion, of course.

This game is cheap and probably fairly quick to make. Telltale obviously wasn't out to make a massive crossover adventure title. That would take up a lot of resources, which they are more than likely saving for Back to the Future and Jurrasic Park.

This is just a short, neat little title accessible to everyone.

The way they were hyping it, I was expecting something a bit more epic. OH WELLS
  • edited September 2010
    Omg only 3.86 euro! That's ultra cheap!
  • edited September 2010
    Here are the four main characters (linked, because the picture is just too big): http://www.telltalegames.com/images/newhomepage/pokernight_skin.jpg

Tycho looks great. I'm still sort of doubting whether he's 2D or using the Strong Bad shaders.
  • edited September 2010
    prepare for a different kind of poker night in a very different kind of club. In poker night at the inventory, you'll deal with penny arcade's clever, cunning tycho, team fortress 2's hulking heavy, homestar runner's self-proclaimed "awesome icon" strong bad and the hyperkinetic "rabbity-thing" from sam & max. These characters come together in ways some never thought possible, in a setting few would have predicted.
    bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!
  • edited September 2010
    Wapcaplet wrote: »
    Screen shots at the Steam game page:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/31280/

They might not be actual in-game graphics at the moment, but still looks interesting.
    Woah. Cool.
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    prepare for a different kind of poker night in a very different kind of club. In poker night at the inventory, you'll deal with penny arcade's clever, cunning tycho, team fortress 2's hulking heavy, homestar runner's self-proclaimed "awesome icon" strong bad and the hyperkinetic "rabbity-thing" from sam & max. These characters come together in ways some never thought possible, in a setting few would have predicted.
    bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!
    Even before the teaser trailer?
  • edited September 2010
    Yup, exactly what I guessed. I'm gonna wait for more details before I drop my money on it. Though now that I think about it... with that 25% off, and the fact that I plan on ordering the poster set soon... Dang, I can get this thing for free!
  • edited September 2010
    Man, those screenshots are awesome:

ss_eeae18bff907c63e43a0199e437e7c81d9b8e103.600x338.jpg?t=1283477507

ss_f82d7cb99738e2b39cf6d0ed59806c519fd3124d.600x338.jpg?t=1283477507

ss_891e4b316cd1b7eafe2c72a121b3c94100e85076.600x338.jpg?t=1283477507

ss_698d7f70d8cb0a06cb077c715a1efe77fe0fbe32.600x338.jpg?t=1283477507ss_e7e03496d4a0cd1ea074d05627dc78fcc7ac6643.600x338.jpg?t=1283477507
    ss_8f527907a2a64af001cdb52de8ffa2dc470bc97b.600x338.jpg?t=1283477507ss_b9cb2c7547e2bdfff91eabd6fce7676828fbc770.600x338.jpg?t=1283477507
  • edited September 2010
    Notice how they don't show what Tycho looks like in these screenshots.
    Strong Bad shoveling the chips is brilliant!
  • edited September 2010
    Notice how they don't show what Tycho looks like in these screenshots.

Yep, I notice that too
  • edited September 2010
    What poker games are there? If it's just Texas Hold'em and it turns out not to be really creative at all, then "I'll fold". Heh heh.
  • edited September 2010
    High res's are up of the screens over at vip.telltalegames.com.
  • edited September 2010
    Hmm I wonder if Max or Heavy will comment of Strong Bad, and possibly Tycho, being in 2-D?
  • edited September 2010
    I wonder who will be Tycho's voice actor?
  • edited September 2010
    Heh, looking at that art on the vip-site, it seems that they won't censor Tycho's dialogue.

I'm starting to like this game more and more.
  • edited September 2010
    If you zoom in on this picture you can see that Tycho is a 3D model!
  • edited September 2010
    toa1995 wrote: »
    Hmm I wonder if Max or Heavy will comment of Strong Bad, and possibly Tycho, being in 2-D?

But Strong Bad's in 3D?

Also:
    There's not even a passing mention of the game on the TF2 or Penny Arcade site. Huh.
  • edited September 2010
    I love the Poker Posters for each character:

Strong Bad:"There's no quicker way to turn the hotties off than by being a terrible poker player man."

Tycho:"You should know that my first response to an inveterate raiser is to shove chips down his or her throat until they shit like a slot machine"

Max:"Flint Paper once told me. 'Bad cards are no reason to get beaten up by a bunch'a humps.'"

Heavy:"The best card strategy against heavy weapons guy? Do not bet against heavy weapons guy."

Which is your favorite?

Edit: What I ment in my other post was "Do you think Max and Heavy will comment on the different style of each character? (Strong Bad and Tycho look a lot more cartoonish)
  • edited September 2010
    wellgolly wrote: »
    But Strong Bad's in 3D?

Also:
    There's not even a passing mention of the game on the TF2 or Penny Arcade site. Huh.

The game has just been announced. They haven't even had a chance to put the official site online. Stuff like this takes some time.
  • edited September 2010
    toa1995 wrote: »
    Tycho:"You should know that my first response to an inveterate raiser is to shove chips down his or her throat until they shit like a slot machine"

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Bad sign for me. If the game has any F-bombs in it, I can't get it.

EDIT: Can anyone going to PAX tell me if they hear any F-bombs dropped by Tycho?
  • edited September 2010
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Bad sign for me. If the game has any F-words in it, I can't get it.

Hopefully no one says Falafel or family!
  • edited September 2010
    Hopefully no one says Falafel or family!

You know what I mean. Well, post edited to reflect meaning.
  • edited September 2010
    In the Penny Arcade games, Tycho had a 3D model. Just saying...
  • edited September 2010
    I'm actually not interested in poker at all, but that 25% off came in as a real treat, especially since I was about to buy Wallace & Gromit and Strong Bad anyway.
    Lucky me ;-)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.