Poker Night at the Inventory (some sort of crossover game?..)

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Forget what I said about this being a wasted potential. This could be the most ambitious Telltale Game yet. Ho boy!
  • edited September 2010
    I Cant wait! i want to see this go over well so we can get more stuff like this. I love the idea of 4 characters from different universes just getting together to play cards (or maybe more in the future!)
  • edited September 2010
    Are there going to be unlockable characters?

That would be SO COOOOL....
    Sybil Pandemik - former World Poker Champion.
  • edited September 2010
    They need the spy to be disguised as max. then Max will come in guns'a'blazing, kill the spy, and that art (with heavy shooting his gun) will come true! (I can dream)
  • edited September 2010
    It looks like characters will bet their possessions as well as chips (and each character will have a unique reaction to winning each item). Time to guess what's up for grabs!

Heavy: Sasha (confirmed), Sandvich
    Tycho: Decent fantasy novels? Tabletop RPG stuff?
    Max: The Luger
    Strong Bad: Video games, action figures, stuff he made that he claims is awesome and a good investment, Strong Sad's possessions
  • edited September 2010
    While I'm mildly disappointed that there are only four characters (I know the workload would multiply exponentially with every extra character so that they can all interact), this marks the very first time that I've been excited about a poker game.

And I *love* that Tycho won't be family-friendly'd up. It'll be jarring to hear him cussing out Strong Bad (how did you get the Chaps to agree to this, again?), but the guy comes from a comic that has a Fruitfucker in it, so it's only right that his language is blue.
  • edited September 2010
    ShaggE wrote: »
    It'll be jarring to hear him cussing out Strong Bad (how did you get the Chaps to agree to this, again?)

Maybe each character's 'rules' could bleed out a little to those who interact with them.

"Fudge you, you butt-playing-with bundle of sticks! Wait, what the heck?"
    "Welcome to my world, Captain Pottymouth. Talk to me and it's PG all the way!"
    "Well, at least I can still use my self-invented racist slur, you stupid Chuwero."
  • edited September 2010
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    It looks like characters will bet their possessions as well as chips (and each character will have a unique reaction to winning each item). Time to guess what's up for grabs!

Heavy: Sasha (confirmed), Sandvich
    Tycho: Decent fantasy novels? Tabletop RPG stuff?
    Max: The Luger
    Strong Bad: Video games, action figures, stuff he made that he claims is awesome and a good investment, Strong Sad's possessions

Okay, now I WANT this game SO BAD.
  • edited September 2010
    Maybe each character's 'rules' could bleed out a little to those who interact with them.

"Fudge you, you butt-playing-with bundle of sticks! Wait, what the heck?"
    "Welcome to my world, Captain Pottymouth. Talk to me and it's PG all the way!"
    "Well, at least I can still use my self-invented racist slur, you stupid Chuwero."

Bwahaha, I love it!
  • edited September 2010
    Since there's Steamworks integration, I wonder if there'll be Steam acheivements. Time to make stuff up!

Closet Full of Neat Crap: Win every gambled item at least once.
    God Save the Can: Play a royal flush.
    Do I Have To Buy Stuff To Understand This?: Hear at least one in-joke pertaining to each character's franchise in one game.

And assuming that Texas Hold 'Em is playable...

If There Is A God He Hates You: Get 2-7 offsuit, the worst hand in Texas Hold 'Em.
    Dangeresque is My Only Name: Win at Texas Hold 'Em with 2-7 offsuit, the worst hand possible.
  • edited September 2010
    I only have one question: Will we be able to turn down the graphics to Quality 1 or will it be forced Qality-Setting 4 like in Puzzle Agent. (giving me an unbearable playing experience)
  • edited September 2010
    ShaggE wrote: »
    While I'm mildly disappointed that there are only four characters (I know the workload would multiply exponentially with every extra character so that they can all interact), this marks the very first time that I've been excited about a poker game.

I bet it's because of that heavy-shooting-the-poker-table poster that you got interested in, I know, it had an effect on me too!
    Now for the first time in life I'm interested in poker!
    TellTale is turning us into gamblers!
    I mean look at me!
    Myself wrote:
    I bet it's becaus...
    I'm betting already!!!
  • edited September 2010
    The Steamworks-powered game has "more than a few surprises" still up its sleeve, according to its creators.

just maybe we will see achievements but when i see the phrase "more than a few surprises". It makes me think maybe there will be some Hats for Tf2 or more playable TF2 guys or maybe play as Glados. Think about it Glados playing poker how awesome would that be.
  • edited September 2010
    Haha! I love the name!
  • edited September 2010
    Awww, I thought it would be IN MAX'S INVENTORY...
  • edited September 2010
    If you guys see any gameplay videos on PAX, can you post them on the internet so that people who can't go to PAX can see them?
  • edited September 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    If you guys see any gameplay videos on PAX, can you post them on the internet so that people who can't go to PAX can see them?

im sure telltale would do that for us.

Also, I'm confused. Telltale have shown us every character in the poker room EXCEPT Tycho. Is this because it's a new model? Because the poster has him in 2d form...
  • edited September 2010
    im sure telltale would do that for us.

Also, I'm confused. Telltale have shown us every character in the poker room EXCEPT Tycho. Is this because it's a new model? Because the poster has him in 2d form...

Tycho is not really finished yet.
  • edited September 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »

ah.

i also suppose that means the game could very possibly go up to f***

probably not beyond that... i hope... I mean, strong bad fans who are maybe even 10 will play this!
  • edited September 2010
    I really hope they will make this optional. Some people here seem to want it bleeped but I really think it would destroy the atmosphere for me.
  • edited September 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    I really hope they will make this optional. Some people here seem to want it bleeped but I really think it would destroy the atmosphere for me.

I wouldn't have it bleeped, but some people really would NEED it
  • edited September 2010
    Dammit, why'd it have to be a poker game...
  • edited September 2010
    Maksie99 wrote: »
    Dammit, why'd it have to be a poker game...

Because telltale can make it awesome
  • edited September 2010
    So it is confirmed that its a poker game now?

Yep... not interested.
  • edited September 2010
    I hope this comes out this month! I tried Telltale Texas Hold 'Em a few days ago and I loved it!!

Also, I love the title. What is "The Inventory"? Is it a bar where video game characters hang out?
  • edited September 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    I hope this comes out this month!

Well I don't want to destroy your hopes but it will be released in November.
  • edited September 2010
    With that price, that discount and so many people still about to order Sam & Max merch, it's like they're giving this away for free! Good thing Steam is so popular..
    Have you guys noticed the "unusual setting" yet? "The Inventory" sounds like some kind of warehouse, but the screenshots tell a different tale; very classic-y, and a lot of books in the background.
  • edited September 2010
    Did anyone expect anything over then a card game?
  • edited September 2010
    Why is Tycho the only one not in 3D?

And judging by the screenshots, it seems like he isn't even shown at the table.

Does this mean you play as Tycho in a first-person view...?

EDIT: Never mind, didn't read a few pages back.
  • edited September 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    As for language, the game will either be bleeped or have an option to bleep.

Just a heads-up: ff you guys don't make bleeping optional, a lot of people will yell at you very, very loudly.
  • edited September 2010
    It's cheaper and funnier than a KFC. You can't go wrong.
  • edited September 2010
    Just a heads-up: ff you guys don't make bleeping optional, a lot of people will yell at you very, very loudly.
    Ironically, with foul language!

Personally, I'm in the boat that thinks (thinking boats are the next big thing!) that there's never a real reason to swear, let alone in general conversation. I'll probably choose to beep it out, if the swearing gets too obsessive.
  • edited September 2010
    As long as William Kasten and Matt Chapman are on board, I'm sold!
    :)
  • edited September 2010
    A few of us got excited at the prospect of playing a poker game through Steam against our friends ... but then we found out it was single player only ...

It NEEDS multiplayer!!
  • edited September 2010
    Heavy is just amazing, Such a fun character, Heavy doesnt like little man with boxing glvoes stealing heavys money for BULLETS.

Strong bad deserves a 3d model does he not ? xD

Why not just give it a chance? i personally dont even like poker games, but ive played TT Texas Hold'em and its alot of fun, All the fun remarks they have about each other the atmosphere. Ill bet you this is gonna be even more amazing.. And again i dont ever player poker or any card game, i barely understand the rules of Texas holdem. So you should give it a shot.
  • edited September 2010
    RMJ1984 wrote: »
    Strong bad deserves a 3d model does he not ? xD

He does. He has his model from SBCG4AP o_o...
  • edited September 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    He does. He has his model from SBCG4AP o_o...
    He probably means a realistic one, not a cel-shaded one
  • edited September 2010
    Just pre-ordered. I bought the Devil's Playhouse print with it, so with the 25% discount, I practically got PN@I for free. :p

Looking forward to this, with how good Puzzle Agent and Devil's Playhouse have been all upcoming releases seem really really promising!:D
  • edited September 2010
    yeah a version of strong bad that fits the in with the Max & Heavy. SB looks a bit out of place, even if its nostalgia to see him in 2d xD. But atleast just a 3d model even if its not cel shaded.

Heavy fold little 2d paperman with boxing gloves, for stealing heavy MONEYS!.
  • edited September 2010
    I'm fine with either an uncensored version or a "friendly" one, but I think putting swears in and then bleeping them is just stupid.
    I'd definitely want the bleeping to be optional if it's there.

The game looks like a lot of fun.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.