The trailer

So, I just saw the trailer, and I must say; I'm impressed. Tycho's model isn't perfect, but it's better than I expected. Also, his voice (Andrew Chaikin, was it?) sounded EXACTLY like how I always hear him in the comics. More than Jerry Holkins, even!

And is it just me, or is The Heavy's animation better than everyone else's, or is it because his model is more detailed?

What did you guys think?

Comments

• edited November 2010
    The trailer really got me drooling
  • edited November 2010
    To be honest, I almost wet myself when I first saw it, though I was a bit disappointed with Tycho's model. However, even though he doesn't quite have the Krahulik look, I was really impressed with how quickly his face can go from "What the f--k?" to "I...I really didn't need to know that..." (It's at the point just after Heavy says "Fool me three times, I am sent to my death.") And his hair flops! Praise be to God, his hair flops!!
  • edited November 2010
    OttersPod wrote: »
    nd his hair flops! Praise be to God, his hair flops!!

Haha, that got me crying too! Though another complaint about Tycho that I have is his lip-synching, which is weird.
  • edited November 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    Haha, that got me crying too! Though another complaint about Tycho that I have is his lip-synching, which is weird.

But so is Max's, and that's Telltale's own character (sorta...). I think that was the trailer; it should be better in the actual game. :)
  • edited November 2010
    I'm just glad to see some media. I think everyone really needed it.
  • edited November 2010
    This has made me excited!! Can't wait. :)
    If it hasn't been mentioned before, around 1:02, something.. weird is going on with the Heavy's nose.

That Tycho <3
  • edited November 2010
    lol I noticed in trailer when there is short clip from game with HUD there was Q (qeen) card and there was girl from TF2 BLU calendar.Also TF2 fonts on cards.
  • edited November 2010
    This has made me excited!! Can't wait. :)
    If it hasn't been mentioned before, around 1:02, something.. weird is going on with the Heavy's nose.

That Tycho <3

I know you didn't mean it that way, but I read it as "something... weird is going on with the Heavy's nose that Tycho loves."
  • edited November 2010
    I love how in that trailer we get a second of demonic Tycho, but I alway thought of his voice changing during those for some reason
  • edited November 2010
    Maybe it will. I would think that since this is Tycho's first line of dialogue ever, they left it unaltered for the trailer.
  • edited November 2010
    Tycho's model (at least the skin texture) DOES need a little work. I think the eyes are kind of weird. Maybe too big or whatever.

But his voice, OOH AWESOME.
  • edited November 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    Tycho's model (at least the skin texture) DOES need a little work.

For some odd reason, this made me think of this comic. Just exchange "golfer" and "Tiger" for "model" and "Poker Night".
  • edited November 2010
    OttersPod wrote: »
    For some odd reason, this made me think of this comic. Just exchange "golfer" and "Tiger" for "model" and "Poker Night".

For the lazy

attachment.php?attachmentid=2050&d=1289135190
  • edited November 2010
    ahahah, Penny Arcade's got an answer for everything.
  • edited November 2010
    This looks sick. But can someone tell me what Max says, because I can't seem to hear it clearly when I watch it.
  • edited November 2010
    dentbuds wrote: »
    This looks sick. But can someone tell me what Max says, because I can't seem to hear it clearly when I watch it.

Call it. Raise. Tear his neacaps out.
    Didnt hear the rest.
  • JubJub
    edited November 2010

Call it.
    Raise It.
    Tear his knee caps out.
    Not in that order!
  • edited November 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Call it. Raise. Tear his neacaps out.
    Didnt hear the rest.

Call it raise. Raise him. Tear his kneecaps out. Not in that order.
    Edit: Damn beaten to it.
  • edited November 2010
    i believe word for word he said:
    Call him! Raise him! Tear his kneecaps out! Not in that order.
  • edited November 2010
    Jub wrote: »
    Call it.
    Raise It.
    Tear his knee caps out.
    Not in that order!

Haha. I though it was something like:

Call it
    Racist
    Terrorist attack
    Not in that order.

Make smuch more sense now.
  • JubJub
    edited November 2010
    Haha. I though it was something like:

Call it
    Racist
    Terrorist attack
    Not in that order.

Make smuch more sense now.

Dare I ask How you heard that? XD
  • edited November 2010
    Hurray for Mondegreens!
  • edited November 2010
    Looking at some of the stills... some of the cell-shading in this game really is fantastic.

Also, Heavy's expression during Tycho's little speech is something else. This game is a nerdy wet dream...
  • edited November 2010
    Jub wrote: »
    Dare I ask How you heard that? XD

For the sake of humanity, I will keep it to myself.

No, I just couldn't hear him clearly. Now that I know what he's saying it's clear though.
  • edited November 2010
    I don't know about you guys...but I was gald to finally see and hear Strong Bad again. I also looked closely at the hub and...it reminded me of an updated Telltale Texas hold'em, just with 4 more well known players.

(In fact...Wouldn't it be trippy, if you win the game, we find out that "The Player" turned out to have been Ted 'Theodore' Dudebro the whole time.);)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.