When Can We Expect Screenshots or a Demo?

i want to see some screen shots of the game and demos

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Screenshots? Very soon, probably. Demo? Not until the game is out.
  • edited November 2010
    First episode is FREE for God's sake, why would you want a demo ?
  • edited November 2010
    @Strayth: He wants multiple demos. Duh.

But yeah, the first episode is basically a demo. More media is on the way (no timeframe on that) but it's coming.
  • edited November 2010
    But yeah, the first episode is basically a demo.
    A full demo then?

A demo is usually just a few scenes with a few puzzles.

NB. Or were you being sarcastic?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Pedster, the first episode is "full length", but nonetheless, it's free. It's like the best demo ever, one fifth of the entire game. ;)
  • edited November 2010
    If its free, I want a part-refund on my pre-order price then! :D
    edited November 2010
    I see, you've been there. :D
  • edited November 2010
    gnaaaaah,normally a full season game by telltale costs about 35 bucks. (in the past)

so only paying 25 bucks for a full game (even if you get the first episode for free) is a good deal, isnt it?

and you get puzzle agent for free. so if THATS not a good deal, what is?
  • edited November 2010
    I was over-heavily being sarcastic there..... English humour rules!!!!
  • edited November 2010
    i wasnt sure about that.... :D

and yeah, british humor is awesome. indeed it is.

for example, the office, little britain, little britain usa, god i just love it....

edit: just thinking of shawn of the dead right now.... i have to stop this.... british humor is just to much... someone should write a book about it.....
  • edited November 2010
    Seriously, I shouldn't be here, I'm nearly 40!! That said, the films did come out in my teen years, so that has to count as "ok", right?
    It was Monkey Island, yet again, made in my teen years, that first made me buy TT stuff...
  • edited November 2010
    that not bad, i'm not that far away from getting 30, thats not as bad as getting 40 (dont wanna offend anyone here), but its still HEAVY, isnt it??

HEAVY?? get it? damn....

edit: and it doesnt matter how old you are, if youre a fan of telltale and in this paritcular case a fan of bttf, YOU SHOULD BE HERE!!!!! no matter what...
  • edited November 2010
    PedsterUK wrote: »
    Seriously, I shouldn't be here, I'm nearly 40!!

Don't worry, there are plenty of old timers here.
    edited November 2010
    Just five months after the announcement, the gaming world is so hyped up about this game and we haven't even had a real glimpse of the graphics! First trailer is set for December 02, and a month from now, the release of the first episode will be imminent.

These release schedules are incredible. Does any other successful company manage something like that?

Anyway - the DeLorean's engine has started. There are only five to seven weeks left for pre-release information and marketing, I can't imagine that they won't be put to use. I wouldn't bet on "three screens next week", but we're close now. So close. ;)

/edit: I'm as old as Marty would be now, minus ten years.
  • edited November 2010
    These release schedules are incredible. Does any other successful company manage something like that?

Polyphony Digital operate on an incredibly tight schedule and are known industry-wide for producing and getting the game to market in insane speeds.
  • edited November 2010
    This "free episode" is the modern equivalent to a shareware version. Man I miss those.
  • edited November 2010
    Wait, is the first episode free for good or just until the pre-order deal ends?
    edited November 2010
    As the BTTF Blu Ray boxes with the "code" are still sold after the BTTF game is released, I'd go ahead and say "free for good". :D
  • edited November 2010
    Free "free"? Or like buy a whole season and get one episode free free?
  • edited November 2010
    @Strayth: He wants multiple demos. Duh.

But yeah, the first episode is basically a demo. More media is on the way (no timeframe on that) but it's coming.
    Hey that's cool! I'll be looking forward to that.
  • edited November 2010
    Free free .

You don't have to buy anything else.
  • edited November 2010
    like fee free or partially free free?
    edited November 2010
    Ermmmm... end of derail, please? ;)
  • edited November 2010
    Because its very simple, I am not going to buy BTTF if I don't know if it will be my 'kind' of game. I will certainly download a demo version and if I like it, I will be buying all episodes. Just like I did with Monkey and SaMax.
    edited November 2010
    Have no fear. In fact, the first episode will be free - no kidding.
  • edited November 2010
    They're giving away the full first episode for free.

http://www.telltalegames.com/bttfoffer/

The code is 121GIGAWATTS.
  • edited November 2010
    So for a while there, we were getting juicy BTTF info, updates, and art on a pretty regular basis. We got to see what Doc and Marty look like, we got the fantastic Behind-The-Scenes videos, we got a look at the young Doc, we got to see and hear AJ and Christopher Lloyd...

But then it sorta stopped.

We haven't had any true art, new info, or substantial updates in a while.

Now don't get me wrong, I love all the blogs with BTTF news, the speculation, the Insider contests and the exclusive message board chats, but they serve a different purpose, I think.

Surely the game is coming together now, and entire sections are nearly done. I know we are supposed to see a trailer in early December, but what about a screenshot, or more concept DeLorean art, or something?

By nature, I'm an impatient guy, and every single day, I log onto the Blog here to see if something magical has been added. I'm just hoping we get to see more before the trailer next month, that's all...
  • edited November 2010
    Well, with the game coming out next month, I'm not entirely shocked that Telltale stopped updating as frequent as they did a month or two prior. If there is anything we should be waiting for, it's the trailer of the game.

But that's usually a week or so before the game's release.
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah, I don't mean to convey a sense of entitlement like we deserve any updates, it's just that I wish we could start seeing some kind of screenshots, or hear a snippet of soundtrack, or even view some more concept art.
  • edited November 2010
    ^
    I think we ARE entitled to some new info. I mean, for almost a month now the website isn't updated. Maybe a new or behind the scenes would be nice. Or at least fill in a vague synopsis :P
  • edited November 2010
    You'll get info in December when the trailer airs.
  • edited November 2010
    The Facebook game doesn't count, then?
  • edited November 2010
    Maybe their deal with Spike prevents them from releasing any in-game info before the trailer airs?
  • edited November 2010
    I seriously doubt we'll see anything new prior to the trailer. I think one of the factors in it is that Poker Night at the Inventory comes out this month. Telltale probably wants to get that game (and its promotion) out of the way before going back to focusing on BttF.
    edited November 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    I think we ARE entitled to some new info.

We're "entitled" to nothing. If there's no new information until the actual release (including the info about the release date), you couldn't even sue them. :D

The standpoint that might matter is marketing, of course! Obviously the Facebook game was a shot in that direction, although I absolutely couldn't relate to that. Those three behind-the-scenes movies in three days? That was a glorious hype. After that, things dried up pretty much. Now is the time that such efforts should be most intense, and I'm just not feeling it.

What's with the website updates? The site is still skelettal, every option besides "buy" is still infunctional (that's About, Characters AND Episodes). What's with the yet-unanswered Q&A, still with the team? That's a pity, we've been asking the stuff almost a month ago now. Desktop wallpapers, new concept art, more voice actor and music snippets, first actual graphic glimpses... that's what lures new customers to BTTF, and it's sadly missing.

Get going, guys! There's no time machine in real life! :D
  • edited November 2010
  • edited November 2010
    It's killing me as well, but I concur with the sentiment that they're still pushing Poker Night atm. Once that finally drops, the BttF promotion should start flooding in.

It's better that they take their time with the game instead of rushing to meet the anniversary releases.
  • edited November 2010
    I don't think we're entitled to anything, but considering many people simply won't buy unless they see something substantial(or at least see the system requs) and all new information is going to be valuable marketing at this point, I think it's advisable to release some more info. I could go without it until release, I just don't think it makes sense.
  • edited November 2010
    It's better that they take their time with the game instead of rushing to meet the anniversary releases.

Owh, I don't disagree. I would even be able to hold out till february for episode 1 if it means a lot more polish and quality. They definitely shouldn't rush it.
    But that doesn't mean a company shouldn't release info from time to time.

One new artwork would be nice. =)
    Maybe upload a high-res version of the ones we saw in the behind the scenes clips.
  • edited November 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    Maybe upload a high-res version of the ones we saw in the behind the scenes clips.
    Wait, these aren't hi-res enough for you?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.