When Can We Expect Screenshots or a Demo?

2»

Comments

• edited November 2010
    I am talking about Lone Pine Mall and Doc's lab.
  • edited November 2010
    BAM!

...okay, I just cut that one out of the video. Heh.
  • edited November 2010
    The Facebook game doesn't count, then?

I have to say something here. As a big fan of Bejeweled and Puzzle Quest and other match-three games, I am utterly unable to play the Blitz through Time game due to its difficulty. The fact that your speedometer runs back to zero after three seconds or so is ridiculous! I hear all these people talking about the lines they are hearing in the game, and I can't get to a place where I can hear them. It's sort of punishing...

Oh, and no, it doesn't count because it's not really an update.
  • edited November 2010
    We should just keep ourselves busy until the first trailer. Let's make a fangame with bttf! hahano, maybe we shouldn't...

For me, it's awkward, as I want to see new stuff but at the same time I don't want anything spoiled!
  • edited November 2010
    I'll be posting a few new early access assets on the Insider Forums tomorrow. Pre-order now if you haven't already.
  • edited November 2010
    Talk about great timing. :D

@Mantascorp
    I'll PM you with help regarding to hearing those lines.
  • edited November 2010
    I'll be posting a few new early access assets on the Insider Forums tomorrow. Pre-order now if you haven't already.
    What about those who wish to see stuff before ordering?
  • edited November 2010
    PedsterUK wrote: »

Wait for someone who preorderd to post them somewhere(but be careful we have been known to lie about what we were given;))
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010

Party pooper! Next you'll say you can't preorder for PS3 or iPad. ;)

No, honestly, as great as firsthand information is, the release is just too close to actually contain that information in that tiny insider forum for long. Drought_over_soon, I guess. :D
  • edited November 2010

Wait it out.
    Game related info is only released to us earlier. You'll get to see it eventually.
  • edited November 2010
    If I see a link to the stuff I post in the Insider Forum that user will be banned immediately.
  • edited November 2010
    If I see a link to the stuff I post in the Insider Forum that user will be banned immediately.

Well you probably have no power over those people, since they can still post those things on another website.
  • edited November 2010

This is bitchin'!
  • edited November 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_6Kv8F8P5w
  • joeldeejoeldee Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    Hi all

Additional game info is definitely coming soon -- and not just Insider Forum only.

Stay tuned!

Joel, Telltale
  • edited November 2010
    joeldee wrote: »
    Hi all

Additional game info is definitely coming soon -- and not just Insider Forum only.

Stay tuned!

Joel, Telltale

Oh, the agony of waiting!!! We're getting sneak previews of teases of glimpses of announcements of info!!! AAAAARGH!!! :D
  • edited November 2010
    Just posted some Insider early access stuff in the Insider Forums. Check it.
  • edited November 2010
    joeldee wrote: »
    Hi all

Stay tuned!

Joel, Telltale

That's great to hear! But just to be sure, do you mean the trailer planned for December 2nd, or something else before that?
  • edited November 2010
    Strayth wrote: »
    Well you probably have no power over those people, since they can still post those things on another website.

Well, if they were silly enough to use the same username on another site...then I could ban them here.
  • edited November 2010
    come on telltale ive been waiting for you to put up some screenshots a long time now
  • jmmjmm
    edited November 2010
    My 2 cents:

@Alan:
    It's not a good policy to make threats, unless you want people doing just what
    you're trying to prevent only to provoke you. And if you ban someone, people will start complaining about Telltale's attitude (and yours)

@Strayth:
    The real point is that if people misbehave, then eventually Telltale will grow
    tired of it and will cease to give us advanced access, free stuff and bonuses.

In short "be nice, and Telltale will continue to be nice"
  • edited November 2010
    I never saw people getting banned for being dishonest on the TTG forums. However, as far as I know, it's the first time I see so much importance given to the private forum. All in a good direction.

I think letting people know what the consequences are is a good thing, especially since BTTF gathered a whole new bunch of people on the forums.
  • edited November 2010
    jmm wrote: »
    @Alan:
    you're trying to prevent only to provoke you.

I'd say it's better that he announces the consequences upfront, rather than ban someone without warning.
  • edited November 2010
    Dang you all and your fancy Insider Forum! Fine, you've broken me down. I really wanted to get this for PS3 so I could play it on my TV, but since we can't pre-order that version, I've gone and pre-ordered it for PC. I'll probably end up buying it twice...

So can I have my access to said Insider Forum please!
  • edited November 2010
    Party pooper! Next you'll say you can't preorder for PS3 or iPad. ;)
    You mean you can't pre-order for PS3 or iPad? Great Scott!!!!!!

(actually, the iPad name sounds more like a woman's monthly needs, well, I am English, so I have a crude mind.... mmmmmmuuuuuuahaha.... ok, shhhh for me)
  • edited November 2010
    @Alan:
    you're trying to prevent only to provoke you. And if you ban someone, people will start complaining about Telltale's attitude (and yours)

What threat? He is simply stating the consequences. More than reasonable consequences. He is trying to give the pre-orderers the benefits that were promised.
    If he doesn't state it upfront you'll get people whining about how they didn't know they would get banned. Trust me.
  • edited November 2010
    jmm wrote: »
    My 2 cents:

@Alan:

You know, I was kind of tempted to post a link saying it was BTTF concept art but then have the link actually be a Rick Roll, but I am now too scared of Alan now to do something like that. Terrified even. I check my closet every night to make sure Alan isn't in there.
  • edited November 2010
    I check my closet every night to make sure Alan isn't in there.
    I check my closet every night to make sure Alan IS in there! MUWAHAHAHAHAHA! :D
  • edited November 2010
    You know, I was kind of tempted to post a link saying it was BTTF concept art but then have the link actually be a Rick Roll, but I am now too scared of Alan now to do something like that. Terrified even. I check my closet every night to make sure Alan isn't in there.

Fear me.

Lol jk.
  • edited November 2010
    markeres wrote: »

So, you kidnapped Alan but still give him internet access? That's very... considerate.
  • edited November 2010
    markeres wrote: »

horriblepainting.PNG
    Come on in here!!
  • edited November 2010
    Because its very simple, I am not going to buy BTTF if I don't know if it will be my 'kind' of game. I will certainly download a demo version and if I like it, I will be buying all episodes. Just like I did with Monkey and SaMax.
    Actually it is not an demo, it is just free episode what would normally cost. It is like game episode without price.
  • edited November 2010
    Clord wrote: »
    Actually it is not an demo, it is just free episode what would normally cost. It is like game episode without price.

It counts as one, if you think like the whole season is a one big game. So giving 1/5 of the entire game for free fits the description of demos.
  • edited November 2010
    Because its very simple, I am not going to buy BTTF if I don't know if it will be my 'kind' of game. I will certainly download a demo version and if I like it, I will be buying all episodes. Just like I did with Monkey and SaMax.

My advice to you is;

Go watch the movies for Pete's sake! NOW!
    They're great! I think you can make up an impression from the movies of what to expect from the games.

Up till now everything screams that this will be TellTale's most ambitious project by far.
    I think it all boils down to one question: Do you like time travel as a plot element?
  • edited December 2010
    so i ordered my free copy of episode 1.
    now how do i actually get a copy of the game?
  • edited December 2010
    It hasn't been released yet. All orders right now are pre-orders. Once it comes out (sometime this month, but we don't know for sure; Telltale doesn't give a release date until the game is practically don), you will be able to download it from the site.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.