Question about the voice of Max in the trailer...

This is not meant to be a complaint or anything but...

In this article for Gamepro, you said that "Strong Bad, The Heavy, and Max will all be voiced by their original actors"...

http://www.gamepro.com/article/previews/216419/pax-2010-poker-night-at-the-inventory/

Now, I heard Max's voice, and I don't know if it's the original actor or not, because it sounds like William Kasten, the voice you currently use, to me.

Someone from Telltale, please enlighten me on this. I'm confused.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    It is current original actor.
  • edited November 2010
    He's baaaaack...
  • edited November 2010
    William Kasten is the original actor. By original actor they meant they would use the same voice actors that play the characters on their respective games.
  • edited November 2010
    By "original voice actor" they meant William Kasten for Max. No, he's not Max's original voice actor, but he's voiced Max in every Telltale episode except Culture Shock, and is probably better-associated with Max than any of the others.
  • edited November 2010
    Technically, Max's original voice is in there, but he's Tycho now.
  • edited November 2010
    OttersPod wrote: »
    Technically, Max's original voice is in there, but he's Tycho now.
    Technically he isn't, since Hit the Road VA isn't there, and I assume lattsam wants to point that out.

I still think waiting for old VAs to return is a lost cause, lattsie. William Kasten is SO good, people has already started to think he is the only one that can provide his voice.
  • edited November 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    William Kasten is SO good, people has already started to think he is the only one that can provide his voice.

Yeah, much as I love "Hit the Road", and love Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson as voice actors...Nowlin and Kasten sound much more natural to me in the roles. Even as awesome as Farmer and Jameson are, they sound like people doing Sam and Max voices, but Nowlin and Kasten sound like Sam and Max actually talking.
  • edited November 2010
    Nowlin & Kasten have probably now put in more hours of voicework for Sam and Max than any other pair of actors you'd care to name. Yes, there were others who did the voices before (Hit the Road, the animated series, plus Andrew Chaikin in Culture Shock) but for now, just accept that David Nowlin and William Kasten *ARE* Sam & Max.
  • edited November 2010
    Plus, Hit the Road's voice acting, with no offence meant to the actors, just...isn't that good. They both sound pretty bored, the delivery of the jokes is flat and they get the context of their lines wrong.

In the comics, TV series, and Telltale series, Sam and Max to me always feel like two close friends who have known each other for a very long time. They have in-jokes, they bounce off each other, they know how to make each other smile. But in Hit the Road it's as if they just met, and they don't really seem to like each other that much. They don't have the same energy.
  • edited November 2010
    Teeth wrote: »
    Plus, Hit the Road's voice acting, with no offence meant to the actors, just...isn't that good. They both sound pretty bored, the delivery of the jokes is flat and they get the context of their lines wrong.

In the comics, TV series, and Telltale series, Sam and Max to me always feel like two close friends who have known each other for a very long time. They have in-jokes, they bounce off each other, they know how to make each other smile. But in Hit the Road it's as if they just met, and they don't really seem to like each other that much. They don't have the same energy.

All of this, plus, with all due respect to Nick Jameson, I really, really don't like his Max voice. Max is someone who's pure chaos, but not really evil. Just childlike. William Kasten's Max voice captures that perfectly. Nick Jameson used a thick Brooklyn accent that sounds like...well, not Max. But it would fit somebody else who uses Max's gun.

QuickLittleBunny.png
  • edited November 2010
    By "original voice actor" they meant William Kasten for Max. No, he's not Max's original voice actor, but he's voiced Max in every Telltale episode except Culture Shock, and is probably better-associated with Max than any of the others.

*blinks*

THAT explains why Max sounded different after I finished the first episode!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.