TOMI in local German supermarket

edited December 2010 in Tales of Monkey Island
I tweeted this to Telltale earlier but I was pleased to see TOMI in my local supermarket today http://twitpic.com/37o7tz

They seem to have only got it recently in and it's going for €40. While I briefly considered picking up a copy (I already have it direct from TTG) I decided to pass. I'd rather give my money directly to TTG :)

Puzzled that it has two ratings, I presume one is for the game (12) and the other (0) is for DVD content?

Comments

• edited November 2010
    That's awesome! I'm a bit confused about the cover though. I thought you only got that cover if you pre-ordered or bought the Duluxe Edition. Was it a slipcover or the actual box cover?
  • edited November 2010
    Appeared to be the actual box, I got distracted by my kids and actually forgot to look at the back of the box to see what content it had. Will remedy that next time I'm in and get a photo of that too.
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah I actually like that cover better than the deluxe edition cover..
  • edited November 2010
    Okay got a few more photos, not the best. It is a nice box and I think I agree with Irishmile that I prefer it over the deluxe cover.

This is the right side of the box, as you can possible make out it has a flap front. No idea of what is inside, will need to find if there is a game shop that doesn't have a cellophane wrapper on it.

Attachment not found.

Back
    Attachment not found.

Left side
    Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    ...and for the local flavour, you also photographed a package of "Schwäbische Knusper Brezel". :D
  • edited November 2010
    ...and for the local flavour, you also photographed a package of "Schwäbische Knusper Brezel". :D

*chuckle* Yes, those are for my kids snack box. There is also some Ritter Sport chocolate (brown packet with the 10), Sesam Fischli (yellow packet thats upside down) and Saltletts in those shots :)
  • edited November 2010
    tarasis wrote: »
    *chuckle* Yes, those are for my kids snack box. There is also some Ritter Sport chocolate (brown packet with the 10), Sesam Fischli (yellow packet thats upside down) and Saltletts in those shots :)

Sounds like a well balanced lunch

8D
  • edited November 2010

Yeah, looking at that picture makes me feel home...in Germany. :D
    edited November 2010

...are these Ritter Sport people going to re-release their seasonal Spekulatius flavour bars again this year? I'm begging for that stuff.

Whoops, have we gone off-topic... :D
  • edited November 2010
    Tangents are what make the TTG forums great though. ^.^
  • edited November 2010
    Damn. No local German supermarkets in America.
  • edited November 2010
    This is the right side of the box, as you can possible make out it has a flap front. No idea of what is inside, will need to find if there is a game shop that doesn't have a cellophane wrapper on it.

It would be interesting to see, if ever you do find a box without the cellophane.

By the by, doesn't the supermarket get a bit annoyed at you taking these photos? I'm just curious.
  • edited November 2010
    I wish supermarkets carried adventure games here...... Damn America's gun culture for not embracing nonviolent adventure games...
  • edited November 2010
    the box is way better looking than deluxe, wish i had a local german supermarket...
  • edited November 2010
    That cover is awesome, soo much more fitting to the game than what we got off TellTale, look at the back of it, it looks well made instead of just cardboard cut outs! :p

I'm not usually a collector nut but is there anywhere online I can buy that?
    edited November 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »
    I'm not usually a collector nut but is there anywhere online I can buy that?

I'm not entirely sure if this is possible from the UK, but you might try ordering it from amazon.de.

But if you really want to get into collecting, you might try still getting the German Eurobox version of this game, limited to 3.000, IIRC.
    edited November 2010
    Sorry to be extremely off-topic again, but this Ritter-Sport-related video is just hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk_Ldy83VnE
  • edited November 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I wish supermarkets carried adventure games here...... Damn America's gun culture for not embracing nonviolent adventure games...
    I wish game publishers carried adventure games here... Damn Spanish's piracy rates for discouraging game publishers and bothering honest customers...
  • edited November 2010
    Now for a completely made up fact:

They had to create TV remotes because Americans used to change the channel with hand guns.
  • edited November 2010
    I wish game publishers carried adventure games here... Damn Spanish's piracy rates for discouraging game publishers and bothering honest customers...

I agree to that.
  • edited November 2010
    Puzzled that it has two ratings, I presume one is for the game (12) and the other (0) is for DVD content?

Just to answer you this, they´re both for the game. The right one (12) is the PEGI rating, which is a europeanwide rating and the left one (0) is the german USK rating.
    The difference is that PEGI is just a recommendation, the USK is mandatory (I hope that´s the right word^^)

Also, anyone knows a good online store where you can buy the TOMI Eurobox?

Edit: Eurobox btw: http://www.adventure-treff.de/images/bild.php?bild=news/euro_box_tomi.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    So, I saw a Euro-Box version of TMI in a local market too and I decided to shell out another 40 bucks for a game I already own, just so I can provide you with images:
    (Sorry for the bad quality, but I just had a cellphone camera)

tmi_me.jpg
    That's me with my new TMI box

tmi_collection.jpg
    Looks good next to the other TMI boxes, IMO
    Now, just need to find a place to put them all.
    The TMI DVD case is btw self-made, and provides the back of the original DVD case together with the Purcell artwork in the front. (The original DVD cover is obviously at a save place)
  • edited December 2010
    Guinea wrote: »
    Looks good next to the other TMI boxes, IMO
    Now, just need to find a way to put them all.
    The TMI DVD case is btw self-made, and provides the back of the original DVD case together with the Purcell artwork in the front. (The original DVD cover is obviously at a save place)

Interesting thats actually a different box than the one I saw on in shop

Attachment not found.

Note where the bottom logo's are on the bottom of the box. Also your box seems larger, more like a classic game box size (thinking the old Lucasarts style boxes). Also your TOMI logo doesn't look embossed like this one.

PS I know I need to respond to this thread myself to some earlier messages. Keep putting off doing so. Sorry
  • edited December 2010
    Interesting thats actually a different box than the one I saw on in shop

Note where the bottom logo's are on the bottom of the box. Also your box seems larger, more like a classic game box size (thinking the old Lucasarts style boxes). Also your TOMI logo doesn't look embossed like this one.

PS I know I need to respond to this thread myself to some earlier messages. Keep putting off doing so. Sorry

What I have is one of 3000 Eurobox versions of the German TMI, which is an oldschool paper box like old games had.
    The box on your photo is inside my box.
  • edited December 2010
    Guinea wrote: »
    What I have is one of 3000 Eurobox versions of the German TMI, which is an oldschool paper box like old games had.
    The box on your photo is inside my box.

lol cool that you get both versions with that.

I used to have my old school LA boxes but they had to go when we moved house at one point. Shame as I miss the DOTT, S&M, FT and Tie Fighter covers.
  • edited December 2010
    Mine, too! All the game boxes were thrown away by my mother, when I moved out. :( (even my GBC and GBA collection)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.