The Card Game?????

There have probably already been topics about this, but....seriously.

Look at the bottom of the store's official Back to the Future page.
http://www.telltalegames.com/store/backtothefuture

Scroll all the way down to the bottom to "Some more products you might like..."

Does anyone else see a listing for "Back to the Future: the Card Game" for $0.00? (the link leads to the store home page, but I just wanted to check that this was legit)

Comments

• Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited November 2010
    I see it too, but like you said, at this time, the link leads back to the store home page.
    Intriguing, isn't it?
  • edited November 2010
    Seems they're adding the card game to their Back to the Future store, and the entry isn't quite fully baked yet. Huh. Well, that will be neat when it goes live.
  • edited November 2010
    Does anyone wanna trade their Mad dog Tannen for my Marty Mcfly Junior and Needles ? ... then ill be ready for battle
  • edited November 2010
    ^
    Wait, so the cards you get are random? And you have to buy mulitple packs to complete it?
  • edited November 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    ^
    Wait, so the cards you get are random? And you have to buy mulitple packs to complete it?

JC is joking around. The card game is a single set, and plays somewhat like a board game. It's available on ThinkGeek:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/games/e5a8/

Here's a review. Sounds pretty interesting to say the least.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Here's a review.

It's a relatively new review (from September 01, 2010), so we can assume that this is the same card game. Still, it doesn't look like TTG is involved in the making of the card game (does it say otherwise anywhere?), but they're still selling it in their store...

...BTW, the "event" cards should have been designed in newspaper form. :D
  • edited November 2010
    I am getting that card game along with the DVD for BttF S1
  • edited November 2010
    "Great Scott! Two men, a hyperkinetic rabbity-thing and a whatever are playing poker!"

"Hyperkinetic rabbity-thing? What the hell is a hyperkinetic rabbity-thing?!"
  • edited November 2010
    i was just of the store page and scrolled down and saw a bttf card game thing,
    this is the first time i ever heard of it if people know about it.

so, did i just spill the beans?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    No, others did before you. Helps to read at least the first 10 thread names here. :D
  • edited November 2010
    It's a relatively new review (from September 01, 2010), so we can assume that this is the same card game. Still, it doesn't look like TTG is involved in the making of the card game (does it say otherwise anywhere?), but they're still selling it in their store...

I'm guessing they'll just be selling it as thematically-relevant merchandise, like how they sold the Homestar Runner figurines for a while when the Strong Bad game came out, etc.
  • edited November 2010
    And like how they are selling the Sam and Max cartoon.
  • edited November 2010
    We sell this game at work (I work at a tabletop gaming store), it's been pretty popular and is a LOT of fun. It's all about keeping the timeline set up to benefit whichever character you're playing as, while preventing other players from changing it to suit their own needs.
  • edited November 2010
    The card game is by Looney Labs and you can find more info on it here.

The game features a really fun system where you must affect certain key moments in the BTTF timeline (which covers all three films) and the changes you make ripple across other years.

You play as a descendant of Marty, Doc, Biff, and others, and you are trying to set the timeline to "your" version so that you aren't erased from existence. Once you do that, you have to stop 1955 Doc from falling off his sink while hanging the clock, thus un-inventing time travel (which is actually a huge paradox, but whatever).

I heartily recommend this game. It's fun, fast, and crazy. There are tons of in-game references to the trilogy and the game is easy to learn.

BTTFuture_contents.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    I hope they put this on the Store before the 50% off deal is over.
  • edited November 2010
    ^ Was hoping the same thing
  • edited November 2010
    I possibly have slightly bad news for the people outside of the US, Canada, UK and Eire.

"Please note: Looney Labs did not obtain worldwide rights for this title, so as an official distributor, BTTF.com is not allowed to accept orders for this Universal Studios licensed product outside of the United States (including its territories, possessions and military bases); Canada; or the United Kingdom and Éire."

So unless Looney get their hands to release it worldwide before TellTale offers it a lot of people won't be able to get it.
  • edited November 2010
    I possibly have slightly bad news for the people outside of the US, Canada, UK and Eire.

"Please note: Looney Labs did not obtain worldwide rights for this title, so as an official distributor, BTTF.com is not allowed to accept orders for this Universal Studios licensed product outside of the United States (including its territories, possessions and military bases); Canada; or the United Kingdom and Éire."

So unless Looney get their hands to release it worldwide before TellTale offers it a lot of people won't be able to get it.

That's when you ask a friend with a US shipping address to buy it for you.
  • edited November 2010
    I'll bother Coolsome lol
  • edited December 2010
    I'll bother Coolsome lol

Afraid not I live in the UK.
  • edited December 2010
    not allowed to accept orders for this Universal Studios licensed product outside of the United States (including its territories, possessions and military bases); Canada; or the United Kingdom and Éire.

hehe
  • edited December 2010
    ooooooooh I missread now I have no excuse :P
Sign in to comment in this discussion.