OFFICIAL 'TF2 Unlocks questions' thread (was: Question about unlocks not in Steam)

2»

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Megaboz wrote: »
    Gotcha. I will just have to win the stuff back. It stinks that it erases everything (money, tables, cards, etc) without giving you a warning though (unless I missed the warning, that is a possibility).

I think there isn't a warning since it was found out at the last minute that the tt version of the game doesn't transfer the items to TF2.

from the sounds of it, it seems like you redownloaded the TT version and add it to steam, which would still not work. You have to get the Steam version from this link:

http://www.telltalegames.com/tf2unlocks

Just log onto your TT account and then go to the site above to download the steam version for no additional charge.
  • edited November 2010
    I double checked just to be sure - the steam version downloaded properly - I can run it from Steam and it did indeed install a second copy of the game under steamapps\common. However, it looks like the steam version still makes use of the same save game location maybe (e.g. HOME\documents\telltale games\Poker Night at the Inventory)? So when I ran it from steam, it erased by old saved game. That's what I'm guessing happened.

I guess I'm still confused though why the Telltale bought version has a button on the splash screen that says "Claim your TF2 items" if that button doesn't actually claim TF2 items you've won? I.e. why would the telltale downloaded version even allow you to win a TF2 item if that item was going to be deleted when you clicked the claim button? That part confuses me - it seems like a bug (unless that's what you're saying - that it was found out last minute that the saved games don't transfer at all, so the splash screen button is wrong in what it claims to do)
  • sl9sl9
    edited November 2010
    I've experienced a variation of the second bug. Like you I only had 1 card from the dealer (the other one was invisible and not possible for me to see it unless I go all-in). But unlike you it is the card on the left which goes invisible for me, whereas your invisible card seems to be the one on the right. This has happened to me quite a lot of times now, and it seems to be related to right-clicking just before the cards are dealt...
  • edited November 2010
    Megaboz wrote: »
    I double checked just to be sure - the steam version downloaded properly - I can run it from Steam and it did indeed install a second copy of the game under steamapps\common. However, it looks like the steam version still makes use of the same save game location maybe (e.g. HOME\documents\telltale games\Poker Night at the Inventory)? So when I ran it from steam, it erased by old saved game. That's what I'm guessing happened.

I guess I'm still confused though why the Telltale bought version has a button on the splash screen that says "Claim your TF2 items" if that button doesn't actually claim TF2 items you've won? I.e. why would the telltale downloaded version even allow you to win a TF2 item if that item was going to be deleted when you clicked the claim button? That part confuses me - it seems like a bug (unless that's what you're saying - that it was found out last minute that the saved games don't transfer at all, so the splash screen button is wrong in what it claims to do)

It is a bug of some sort. During the last week of the game's release, Jake mentioned that because of how strange the stream intergration was and because of that, it did not allow one the items to be transferred from the TT version to TF2. That is why they were handling out the steam codes of the reg version for ppl bought the TT version after the game's release (they only give out the codes for preorder copies since that was the only way to get the visor.)
  • edited November 2010
    Hi everyone,
    Well, this is a very bad day for me... One of my trusted friend send me a fake Steam Community link (steamcomnunity), I clicked, signed in, and got my account hijacked...

I contacted Steam Support and got the account back but.. unfortunately, all of my items in TF2 Backpack has gone...

All tradable items have been traded to another account.
    The rest... like the Iron Curtain, the Max's Ludermorph and License to maim... all of them were hit 'Deleted'...

I wonder how to get them back... I emailed steam support again. But I have a question just in case:If Steam can't help me to get those items back, can I just rebuy the Poker Night on Telltales, play it and reearn the items?

Please tell me because I preordered the game two months ahead... and all is gone. Thank you guy in advanced.
  • edited November 2010
    Hi telltale and community friends.

So... I just logged onto my Poker Night at the Inventory thread, and everything I unlocked (TF2 items, decks, tables) is gone. I read previous posts saying their stuff was deleted when they tried to claim their items on steam, but I tried no such thing. I just stopped playing one night, and when I logged on today- nothing. Oh, my settings were also set back to default (not that that's a problem, I'm just trying to be thorough in decribing the results) So... I guess there's nothing that can be done about that, but its still disconcerning. I had just won the heavy's gun as well as the red team table, if it helps to decribe a trigger for it.

I apoligize if this bug has already been pointed out on another thread, I just figured I'd let you guys know. All right, thanks then!
  • edited November 2010
    Same exact thing happened to me the other day. Thankfully I wasn't quite as far into the unlockables as you; I only had the Max Imp table to go with the Heavy's gun.
  • edited November 2010
    How odd. I hope this isn't a wide spread problem, and you and I just stumbeled into a one time fluke- I'd hate to build my poker loot back up again just to have it wiped away.:(
  • edited November 2010
    Out of curiosity, are your lost unlocks occurring in the same way that mine did?

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20570
  • edited November 2010
    nkahoang wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Well, this is a very bad day for me... One of my trusted friend send me a fake Steam Community link (steamcomnunity), I clicked, signed in, and got my account hijacked...

I contacted Steam Support and got the account back but.. unfortunately, all of my items in TF2 Backpack has gone...

The rest... like the Iron Curtain, the Max's Ludermorph and License to maim... all of them were hit 'Deleted'...

I wonder how to get them back... I emailed steam support again. But I have a question just in case:If Steam can't help me to get those items back, can I just rebuy the Poker Night on Telltales, play it and reearn the items?

Please tell me because I preordered the game two months ahead... and all is gone. Thank you guy in advanced.

Sorry telltales version does not support the tf2 items. They said steam works in such an odd way that they couldn't add the items. So yeah sorry:( But isnt this in a way your fault for believing the fake website.
  • edited November 2010
    Gotcha - I get it now. No biggie, these things happen sometimes - luckily the game is a lot of fun, so replaying to get the stuff back isn't a huge deal.
  • edited November 2010
    applekid wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, are your lost unlocks occurring in the same way that mine did?

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20570

Mine disappeared exactly like that.
  • edited November 2010
    hmmmm... my issue was similar, but not excatly the same. I was not playing the game through Steam, and when I went to my unlockable screen it did not show me what I had won before wiping everything away- it was all just gone from the moment I got in.

And yes, my stats were gone as well, as if I was just logging onto the game for the first time.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm curious as to why my thread was moved here. I'm not actually having a problem with Steam, as I downloaded it on the Telltale site, and in fact have no intention of using the items I won in Team Fortress 2. However my poker tables, decks, and other items were also whisked away from me, and these I enjoyed using.

Not to complain, but I'm wondering if I have a seperate bug than everyone else, as I have no connection to either Steam or Team Fortress 2. It's not, obviously, a big deal but for the sake of clarity this issue perhaps should be addressed by the powers that be. Again, I wish to emphasize: perhaps; I'm not THAT invested in my Max Devil poker table.:cool:
  • edited November 2010
    nkahoang wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

You should be able to get your items back. They can undelete items and the item-IDs are unique so the scammer will lose them and anything he crafted from them.

And on a plus: I don't think that was your friend sending the link. He most certainly got scammed too. Check his backpack at:
    http://www.tf2items.com/
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Sorry telltales version does not support the tf2 items. They said steam works in such an odd way that they couldn't add the items. So yeah sorry:( But isnt this in a way your fault for believing the fake website.
    Some of those sites really look real, the changed letter is almost unnoticable and you are more likely to fall for something like that if a good friend sends the link. I fell for such a link once but noticed it in time to change my password and nothing happened except for me losing a good password.
  • edited November 2010
    Do I get Poker Night on steam, if I purchase it now? :confused:
    I kinda prefer steam, especially if I can't have the game as a DVD.
  • edited November 2010
    You can buy it directly from Steam, yes.
  • edited December 2010
    Just thought I'd mention this.
    I pre-ordered the game and downloaded the telltale version. When it came out, I won two tf2 items and some other stuff. Here's how I kept them:

I opened Steam and downloaded the install off it, but I did not install it.
    I just ran the telltale version through Steam and the two items I had showed up along with their achievements.

Any hand or win based achievements had to be re-won but I still had all my unlocks. Don't know if that helps anyone else, but it's worth a try.
  • edited December 2010
    Hi, all.
    I think i will never play TF2. I know a guy on a forum who plays it, can i give him the unlock code safely? I mean, it will just unlock the item in his TF2, no interferences between our telltale acounts, right?
  • edited December 2010
    Hi, all.
    I think i will never play TF2. I know a guy on a forum who plays it, can i give him the unlock code safely? I mean, it will just unlock the item in his TF2, no interferences between our telltale acounts, right?
    The code also gives a person Poker night which would be pirating.
  • edited December 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    The code also gives a person Poker night which would be pirating.

no it wouldn't
    The copy has been payed for. How is that pirating?
  • edited December 2010
    I'm sorry, i'm not very familiar with english language. Not enough to be sure i understand well, actually.
    Do you mean that the guy who i want to give the unlock code for the TF2 items, will be able to play Poker Night for free? Sommedy can confirm that?
    It's sound a little weird to me, i mean, that's not my Poker Night serial number that i want to offer, but the code i got here:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/tf2unlocks
    you can't get that code if you don't allready own poker night, so why would the code unlock the game?
    Thanks for helping me anyway, it's sad if i can't give those items, i won't use them, and it's christmas^^
  • edited December 2010
    Do you mean that the guy who i want to give the unlock code for the TF2 items, will be able to play Poker Night for free? Sommedy can confirm that?

I can confirm that. I gifted Poker Night to 2 of my friends this way.
    The Code unlocks the game because you cannot unlock the items for TF2 in the TTG-Version. It is here so you don't have to rebuy the game on Steam just for the items.
  • edited December 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    no it wouldn't
    Two people having access to a copy at any time, when that copy has been paid for only once, would definitely be pirating. If you mean they already have Poker Night -- just not the Steam version -- then I imagine it wouldn't be piracy. But then, they'd be able to use the unlock code on their own anyway.
    I can confirm that. I gifted Poker Night to 2 of my friends this way.
    If you mean they didn't have the game already, do you also "gift" games using torrents?
  • edited December 2010
    furrykef wrote: »
    If you mean they didn't have the game already, do you also "gift" games using torrents?

No. Why would I. I already had the steamversion so I had no other use for the 2 Steamkeys I got from TTG. Live with it.
  • edited December 2010
    I already had the steamversion so I had no other use for the 2 Steamkeys I got from TTG.
    That's not what they gave them to you for.
    Live with it.
    Dude, listen to yourself. "So we stole a couple of copies. Live with it." It's not that I can't live with it. It's that what you've done is highly unethical and probably illegal.

Also, Valve would be justified in cancelling the accounts of the people you gave them to, causing them to lose all their games. They probably won't do it, but they'd be within their legal rights to. How would you feel if that happens?
  • edited December 2010
    It's not that I can't live with it. It's that what you've done is highly unethical and probably illegal.
    lolyn.gif
    Also, Valve would be justified in cancelling the accounts of the people you gave them to, causing them to lose all their games. They probably won't do it, but they'd be within their legal rights to. How would you feel if that happens?

lolyn.giflolyn.gif
  • edited December 2010
    I see you're very proud of yourself. *sigh* Well, never mind.
  • edited December 2010
    So, my TF2 items won't be used by anybody. It's kind of sad (even if i actually don't know if those items are really interesting for a TF2 player :p) but i surely don't want to give free copy of Poker Night as gift. XD
    Actually, i use to be pirating games, to try it before buying it (i don't know what the situation is in your countries, but i bet it is a shame, like here, i'm talking about culture in general) but for some developers, like TTG or Introversion Software, i just can't.
    I NEED to pay for those brilliant games, to be ok with myself, and with my opinions.
    If you ask, yes, i'm stupid.
  • edited December 2010
    no it wouldn't

I read it wrong.
  • edited December 2010
    I bought the holiday bundle and the tf2unlocks link tells me

"Sorry, it doesn't look like you bought Poker Night at the Inventory through us. There's still time to pick it up for access to these exclusive TF2 items.."

Anyone had this problem or found a solution?
  • edited December 2010
    lolyn.gif

lolyn.giflolyn.gif

whats is so funny
  • edited January 2011
    seibert999 wrote: »
    whats is so funny
    Apparently, having a sense of ethics.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.