Betting slider

I was wondering if there was any way to perhaps use the mouse wheel for it?

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Excellent idea. The slider is rather inefficient. It would be nice if the mouse wheel worked on the table/deck unlock page as well. It's a quibble, but it would enhance this otherwise solid interface.
  • edited November 2010
    I'd prefer a "bet the pot" button (or keyboard shortcut) 'cause I'd use it far, far more often. The size of the pot is usually the best bet size.
  • edited November 2010
    Yes, linking this to the mouse wheel would be all kinds of awesome.
  • edited November 2010
    I can't begin to tell how much I'm annoyed to be called an indecisive player for making the NPCs wait for such a long time just because I want to set my raise perfectly. And slow, lagging cursor doesn't help me at all.

Mouse wheel. Neat idea.
  • edited November 2010
    Falanca -- have you tried using the arrow buttons instead of the slider? Usually doesn't take me that long to get the right amount.
  • edited November 2010
    furrykef wrote: »
    Falanca -- have you tried using the arrow buttons instead of the slider? Usually doesn't take me that long to get the right amount.

Nup ._. But that's because I usually don't use my keyboard at all while playing any Telltale-made game.
  • edited November 2010
    No, not the keyboard. There's arrows on-screen you can click to adjust the betting by increments of $100.
  • edited November 2010
    Your mouse is lagging because you've got the graphics up a bit high. Turn it down a notch or two if you want to get rid of it.
  • edited November 2010
    furrykef wrote: »
    No, not the keyboard. There's arrows on-screen you can click to adjust the betting by increments of $100.

Oooh, well of course I use them. Still, lagging mouse and lagging clicks doesn't get me anywhere.
    S@bre wrote: »
    Your mouse is lagging because you've got the graphics up a bit high. Turn it down a notch or two if you want to get rid of it.

It's on 1.
  • edited November 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    Oooh, well of course I use them. Still, lagging mouse and lagging clicks doesn't get me anywhere.

It's on 1.

Try going Resolution on 800x600.

Sure, you play in a box, but my computer can run it at graphics level 6, effects on, low shadows.(My computer has a hard time handling shadows on all games)

but if I set resolution any higher I can hardly play on 1.
  • edited November 2010
    The-J23 wrote: »
    Try going Resolution on 800x600.

Sure, you play in a box, but my computer can run it at graphics level 6, effects on, low shadows.(My computer has a hard time handling shadows on all games)

but if I set resolution any higher I can hardly play on 1.

It's on 800x600 too.

Look, uhh, everything is at lowest setting except for the sounds, okay? Mouse is still lagging, menu and a bunch of visuals on interface are still cropped with vertical stripes, etc etc. I wouldn't seek out for a bit of help if I haven't tried fiddling with settings beforehand. 2 Ghz Dualcore Intel GPU, 256MB Ati Radeon X1550, 2GB ram. So yeah, I am indeed baffled and now I have NO idea why the game is doing these, so I'm still waiting for an explanation. I know my way around computers so it's okay if the explanation is a bit convoluted and all.
  • edited November 2010
    To take this idea further... I'm a lazy guy. So I'd really like to play using just the mouse buttons. Left-click to fold, right click to call, mouse wheel to set the bet and clicking the mouse wheel (middle-button) to raise/all-in. I'd really like to be able to skip to the next hand when I fold, using a mouse button.

It won't happen in this game, but maybe if they make another game in a couple of years...
  • edited November 2010
    Except you use left mouse to do anything, so that would mean automatic folding every time... :p

I would like mousewheel ingame and "unlocks"...
  • edited November 2010
    Well, I meant it could be put in as an alternative control setting. Something you choose from the options menu.
  • edited November 2010
    But you'd be too lazy to change the settings!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.