Post your great rounds.

Like the title says, this is where you tell us about some super lucky(or funny) play that happened in Poker Night, dont post dialoge because there is a thread about that already. This is more on the plays that caught your attention.

I just recently had the heavy go all in, and I was hoping for something good so I went all in as well, only for Strong Bad to go all in and bet his dangeresque glasses. This was at the very begining as well so not all the cards where in yet(why the heavy went all in that early Ill never know) and it showed the first set of cards which gave strong bad an advantage. Followed by the next set for strong bad to win, but I didnt notice I had a Flush the entire time during all this. I won the dangeresque glasses and eliminated Strong Bad and the Heavy in one swoop without even thinking I would win.

So post any of your good plays here.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Not too along ago from this posting, I was struggling through many losses to win on hard mode. One hand caught my attention. Four queens! I could get the four of a kind for the achieve, too. Trying to be more subtle than the last time I got a four of a kind, I was able to get Heavy and Tycho busted out at once. The only one left was Max. I had such an incredible advantage and good cards! I easily beat him. Man. What luck! Now I wonder if I'm going to go back to normal...
  • edited November 2010
    After two all in bets that completely ****ed me over at the last moment I had two incredible all ins. The first one was when Tycho was the only one left, he bet everything before the cards even showed and I called it without worrying since I had double the money he did, and what do you know, first thing the game does is give me a 3 of a kind, and then a poker with the last card while giving Tycho nothing XD Then currently, Tycho, Heavy and me kept constantly raising until both of them went all in, I don't remember what cards I got but I ended up eliminating both at once AND winning Sasha at the same time :D
  • edited November 2010
    First tournament I played (on hard), heavy and strongbad went all-in on the first hand, where I'd turned up a triple on the flop. Needless to say they had nothing :) So from there it was pretty easy to win my first tournament.

Then I lost 5 tournaments straight and ended with negative funds in the bank :(
  • edited November 2010
    I busted two people out on a 10 high. What.
  • edited November 2010
    I got both Max and Strongbad to go all in, each with one pair, while I had a full house. This happened in the first round of the game.
  • edited November 2010
    First round. Terrible cards.

I go All In.

The three other guys fall for the bluff. Tycho calls, putting all of his cash into the round.

I win with a pair of fucking twos. Double money. Hells yeah.
  • edited November 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    I busted two people out on a 10 high. What.
    I'm not sure your 10 was all that was high.
  • edited November 2010
    I mentioned this briefly in another thread, but here's the most absurd round I had, and a good'un.

On the very first hand and before the flop, Heavy, Tycho, Sam and Strong Bad all go all-in! I promptly fold. :) Heavy wins and the tournament is now just the two of us w/ Heavy's 40k to my 10k. I have to keep folding my weak opening deals before the flop as he is betting high. Fortunately, it's so early in the game that the blinds are still small, else I'd have been done for.

So now it's down to his 44k to my 6k. I am dealt a couple decent cards and decide to go all-in before the flop. He calls and ultimately my hand wins. On the next hand, I pull the same thing. He calls and my hand wins. The following hand I get another good deal and the Heavy is checking after the flop, so I go all-in and the Heavy folds. Finally, on the next hand, I'm back to playing more conservatively, but after the flop I'm one short of an outside straight draw. Turn card fills the straight. I go all-in. Heavy can't top it. I win the tournament. :D

Winning four consecutive all-ins shows that it's better to be lucky than good. ;)
  • edited November 2010
    In one game, after Strong Bad was out, everybody went all in and I was able to beat them. It was... Rather strange. I thought that maybe the game was being nice for me because of my incredible losing rate. Probably not, but ehh, oh well. Fastest game I ever played.
  • edited November 2010
    First round. Terrible cards.

I go All In.

The three other guys fall for the bluff. Tycho calls, putting all of his cash into the round.

I win with a pair of fucking twos. Double money. Hells yeah.

What the crap did Tycho have?
  • edited November 2010
    If Tycho had a hand like AK, AA, KK, or maybe even QQ or JJ, he'd be well justified calling all-in. (Well, maybe AK would be questionable, since it's a slight underdog to any pair. But it wouldn't be an utterly terrible play, especially considering the poster in question did go all-in with junk -- so Tycho has reason to expect it could happen.)

Of course, we know the game isn't always that smart. :)

EDIT: Wait, the winning hand at showdown was a pair of deuces? Hmm. Maybe AK or AQ, then?
  • edited November 2010
    In my last game, I went against Tycho mano-a-mano, with only $1500 left.

I turned the tables, getting the bet higher and higher, and I won with a full house.

I have only won twice.
  • edited November 2010
    It was between Me and Max. We had around the same amount of cash but my hand was TERRIBLE and the pot was HIGH so folding wasnt an option and sure as god betting and going on wasnt an option so i could do only one thing. I went all in. Max fell right into my ploy and folded. It all worked perfectly. It was set at the perfect point to where it was possible I had a flush(I of course didnt or else I would have betted onward and make Max bet more) so Max had to keep it in mind and he obviously did.
  • edited November 2010
    Guhndahb wrote: »
    On the very first hand and before the flop, Heavy, Tycho, Max and Strong Bad all go all-in!

Had to fix that, sorry.

Any way, on topic.(spoiler tags reveal inappropriate language)

It was me Max and Strong Bad(The other two folded), I had a 5 and a 6. I thought "I could get a strait with this." I call. It comes to Strong bads turn He bets $3,200. I have $7,000. Knowing that Strong Bad Loves to bluff, I went all-in. Max folds. Strong Bad calls and reveals he has AA. I think "Oh
    shit
    , I'm
    fucked
    ." The flop reveals 738. I need a 4 or a 9. next card J. OH NO! My heart is racing. Then a 4 is the final card. RELIEF! I got my strait! Screw you, Strong Bad!
  • edited November 2010
    I beat Heavy's AA with a 2 and 3 of different suits with a REAL lucky Two Pair situation.
  • edited November 2010
    One time me, the Heavy and Tycho were heavily in from the start when the flop turned up K, Q and J, all hearts. I got a bit nervous but tried to get them to fold by betting big. No such luck, and the river turned up a 10 of hearts. Things were getting desperate at that point, but we all stayed in with some more betting. In the end I won... with only a high card.
  • edited November 2010
    Strong Bad went All In on me in the first hand of the game. I got three of a kind 8s, and he got nothing. He lost right there in the beginning. That was awesome.
  • edited November 2010
    The-J23 wrote: »
    Had to fix that, sorry.
    What? Sam didn't sit in for a hand in your game? Max has a hyperactive bladder (and everything else) you know. ;) Ah, well, you caught me. My bad.

Dang, that would be a fun cameo along with baf's suggested Spy cameo.
  • edited November 2010
    I just eliminated Strong Bad in the very first hand of the tournament. Twice. In a row XD

EDIT: HAHAHA, holy crap, Max, Heavy, and I all got the exact same hand XD
  • edited November 2010
    I had to pause my game to get this in. Max bought in with his gun and badge. On the first round, both Max AND the Heavy went all in. I went all in, and I won. I eliminated both of them AND I won Max's buy-in, ALL ON THE FIRST TURN. Best round EVER.
  • edited November 2010
    I had to pause my game to get this in. Max bought in with his gun and badge. On the first round, both Max AND the Heavy went all in. I went all in, and I won. I eliminated both of them AND I won Max's buy-in, ALL ON THE FIRST TURN. Best round EVER.

Hey that happened to me with the dangeresque glasses. of course getting both the lugermorph and the license to maim is better.
  • edited November 2010
    Just won a tournament that I was lucky to still be involved in after the a bad first hand left me with $400. Was just happy to survive at that point, managed to claw myself up to about $5k after a few good calls, then had a great round which put me up to around £25k and in a good position to win the tournament, which I did.
  • edited November 2010
    I had a major comeback against Tycho the other day. It was down to us two, and I had just lost majorly on the round that knocked out the last players. I clung on with about $1000 to $49000. I thought to myself, "you know what? I might as well go all in, because this is just going to drag out forever if I don't." So what happens? I win the round. Of course, I still didn't feel very confident, so I repeated the process several times until I was on level enough ground to do some damage. I must have won 3-4 consecutive all ins with relatively terrible hands (mostly random combinations of single digit cards). Once I got on steady ground, I played a slightly more conservative game and won on a final big all in (we were about even, each in the $20000 range).
  • edited November 2010
    theyloosepoker.th.jpg
    I suppose it's not much compared to you guys, but I totally suck at poker. And it was the first time I won a tournament (of 2, out of 14 games now or something... yeah)
  • edited November 2010
    Well, I didn't win, but one time Strong Bad went all in, and so did everyone else, including me. Hell I expected getting a Royal Flush before that happened.

Heavy won the hand with a Straight by the way.
  • edited November 2010
    So I was playing on Hard, Tycho and I were the only ones left. We were constantly exchanging chips, I win a hand, he wins the next hand, I win the following hand etc. So after 20 min, we even out around $20,000. I say @#&;$ it and bet all in on a 7 and 4. He calls and he has 7 and 5. The River gets dealt and a 7 and 4 shows up. I'm all like "Damn!" because 99% of the time, the computer gets the card to win. Sure enough, here comes the g-damn 5. I was about to quit when suddenly the poker gods take a golden turd and make sunshine, here comes the 4! VICTORY IS MINE!!!! Plus I got the achievement. HEY EVERYONE, DRINKS ON ME!!!!
  • edited November 2010
    I have an absolutely awesome round the other day. The community cards were a 10, two Jacks, a Queen, and a King. Tycho and Max had folded, but Strong Bad and the Heavy were both going all-in. It was obvious that they both had a straight, and they did. I went all-in too, but I didn't have a straight. I had a full house with three Jacks and two Queens. It was a great "Oh yeah? Well take THIS!" moment.
  • edited November 2010
    So after 20 min, we even out around $20,000. I say @#&;$ it and bet all in on a 7 and 4.
    It wouldn't have taken long to wait for a better hand to say @#&;$ it on. :P
  • edited November 2010
    furrykef wrote: »
    It wouldn't have taken long to wait for a better hand to say @#&;$ it on. :P

This may be true, but knowing Tycho, he probably would have tricked me into going all in on a 3 high. So better to shoot first, then ask myself "why I suck at poker" questions later. Now I can go back to Black Mesa and afford some proper safety equipment...

Yes, I am making a poorly constructed reference to the Player being Gordon Freeman

(Wink!)
  • edited November 2010
    I just managed to knock Tycho, Heavy, and Strong Bad out in the first two hands (unfortunately, I forgot the specifics, but the one that got the Heavy was a higher straight than his). Unfortunately, Max took me another 15 or so hands, but I got him.
  • edited November 2010
    Did this while trying for the "Down to the Green" Steam achievement. (Got it after the second hand.) First hand, everyone else folded. Second hand, got Strong Bad and the Heavy with a pair of 2s. Third hand, took out Max and Tycho on a pair of Queens.
    pokernight.th.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    ME: I wonder how long I can go just going all in.

*goes all in every hand, fails to lose once*

WINSLOW: The Player wins the Tournament.

ME: Holy crap, really?
  • edited November 2010
    I don't remember which character I was playing against, I think it was the Heavy.
    I'm dealt a pair of queens, so I lead with a raise.
    Flop comes 2 2 3. "Okay, two pair, let's go with another small raise, don't scare them off too early."
    Turn is another 2. "Well, that makes a full house for me. Let's see what we can milk out of their chip stack."
    River card comes up... 2. Yep, the BOARD got a four-of-a-kind. Insert sound of jaw dropping here.

Final result? Heavy had been dealt a 5 4 off-suit. He had been throwing chips at an open-ended straight draw, but I won with a queen as kicker.
  • sl9sl9
    edited November 2010
    How about this one, both me and the heavy had THREE pair and mine was KK, QQ and JJ - I won because the heavy had a pair of 7's instead of kings :D
    (note: As you can see I was affected by the invisible card bug in this hand, so I could not see that I had 2 kings until the very end :eek:)

42_kkqqjj.png

And in another game, I was astonished when the flop consisted of nothing else but kings, which matched nicely to my Ace-King :D I then played it slow because I wanted the "Four of a Kind" achievement, but I need not have worried because Tycho tried to bluff me by going all-in with utterly worthless cards - that's why he's looking rather ill in this screenshot :D

42_4k.png

I would love to see a screenshot of someone getting a Straight Flush or even better a Royal Flush, I have not been able to get either of those yet despite playing 1478 hands so far :(
  • edited December 2010
    First turn on hard.
    Me and others ended up going to all in.
    Tycho won entire tournament on first turn.
  • edited December 2010
    I knocked out Heavy and Tycho at the same time, thus winning the game.
  • edited December 2010
    I went all in with Max and I had a great hand, I think it was the highest straight (A,K,Q,J,10). It was the last round of the game, we were equals, I had twenty something K and he had a little bit more. Just a little.

And then that tiny fuzzy bastard hit me with four of a kind... all A. >:(

I bet my roar was heard in the next state.

But I still love you, Max XD
  • edited December 2010
    crfh wrote: »
    I think it was the highest straight (A,K,Q,J,10).

And then that tiny fuzzy bastard hit me with four of a kind... all A. >:(

So Max cheated? =P
  • edited December 2010
    They don't use a single deck in this game.
  • edited December 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    So Max cheated? =P
    Er, no, the hand described is very possible.

Example:
    crfh: QJ
    Max: AA
    Board: AAKT8

Thus crfh has AKQJT and Max has AAAAK.
    crfh wrote: »
    They don't use a single deck in this game.
    I have no idea where you get that idea. All poker is played with a single deck, and Poker Night is no exception. Maybe you're confused because the cards on the board are shared by all players?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.