What SHOULD the game be called?

edited November 2010 in Back to the Future
According to the Frequently Asked Questions thread, or FAQ for short, where people can see the answers to Frequently Asked Questions, or FAQs, hence the title of the thread, the game will be either called "Back to the Future: The Game. " or "Back to the Future: The Adventure Series".

Which one do you prefer, or do you prefer it to be called something else? Also, why?

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Back to the Future: The Movie: The Game: The Adventure Series: Episode 1: Blitz Through Time
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    It's "Back to the Future: The Game" now, officially. "The adventure series" was an idea from IGN, I think, which never even came close to being official.

I was always opposed to calling this "Back to the Future: The Game", because this feels so uninspired and done to death. On the other hand, there will be individual titles for each episode, so an additional season title might make this far too long. I think the die is pretty much cast right now, but I'd long for an actual announcement of episode titles...
  • edited November 2010
    I don't like "Back to the Future: The Game". It gives the strong, immediate impression that this is a game adaptation of the first Back to the Future film.
  • edited November 2010
    Back to the Future V.

(Remember the conspiracy that TOMI was MI6 :p )
  • edited November 2010
    I don't like "Back to the Future: The Game". It gives the strong, immediate impression that this is a game adaptation of the first Back to the Future film.

I agree. Though Back to the Future: The Adventure Series makes it sound like the original movies aren't 'adventures'.
  • edited November 2010
    Ok let me think of a few episodic names.

Back to the Future : Continuum
    Back to the Future : Space Time
    Back to the Future : The Paradox
  • edited November 2010
    Tales of Back To The Future, Part III 1/5
    Tales of Back To The Future, Part III 2/5
    etc.
  • edited November 2010
    The Aristocrats.

... Nah, I like 'Back to the Future: The Game' better.

Kinda ties in with the whole 'BttF: The Animated Series/The Ride' thing in a derpy, yet nostalgic sort of way.
  • edited November 2010
    Forward from the Past
    edited November 2010
    Forward from the Past

Not that I'd support the idea, but it would have been interesting to see the actual title "Back to the Future" altered. However, we'd have to presume that this would be a rather bad idea from the marketing standpoint. ;)
  • edited November 2010
    Not that I'd support the idea, but it would have been interesting to see the actual title "Back to the Future" altered. However, we'd have to presume that this would be a rather bad idea from the marketing standpoint. ;)

Yeah, the second part should have been called "Back to the Past. No, the Other Past. No, Too Far, Back to the Future, There ya go"
  • edited November 2010
    Technically it's Back to the Future Part IV

So there. Now the question is... who will be the fourth person looking at their watch on the poster?
  • edited November 2010
    Forward from the Past

Better yet...

"Forward to Time Past".
  • edited November 2010
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Technically it's Back to the Future Part IV

So there. Now the question is... who will be the fourth person looking at their watch on the poster?

Younger Doc Brown, perhaps?
  • edited November 2010
    To be Honest, "Back To The Future: The Game" suits the Game well, I thought of "BTTF: The Next Generation" but the Game doesn't take place in the New or Next Generation. also I thought of "BTTF: Jiggowatt Flux"..but no "BTTF: The Game" is just fine. ;)
  • edited November 2010
    Back To The Future: Unleashed.
    Back To The Future: Reloaded
    Back To The 4uture
    And, of course, the most totally not overused sequel joke on the internet:
    Back To The Future IV: Electric Boogaloo
  • edited November 2010

That would eventually result in like 8 people looking at their watches on the poster after 5 episodes :D
  • edited November 2010
    Trackah123 wrote: »
    That would eventually result in like 8 people looking at their watches on the poster after 5 episodes :D
    Not essentially. Considering the only "cover art" is for the disc release, the whole season would only get four characters(should they go that route in terms of packaging design).
  • edited November 2010
    'Back to the Future: The Game' bttf never really had any subtitles so I wouldn't add any, also I wouldn't be opposed to calling the episodes Part 1,2,3,4 and 5.
  • edited November 2010
    Back to the Future: The Tannen Menace
  • edited November 2010
    Back To The Future The Game This time we got it right we hope.

Thats a fitting title :)
  • edited November 2010
    The Game. (No! I just lost! :()

"Back to the Future: The Adventure Series" just sounds...awkward.
  • edited November 2010
    Back to the Future: God I hope we dont piss off a bunch of fans.;)
  • edited November 2010
    Back to the Future: A Blast from the Past
  • edited November 2010
    Back to the Future: S--- Just Got Real
  • edited November 2010
    Back to the Future Forever
    Back to the Future: This TIME, it's personal.
  • edited November 2010
    Back to "Back to the Future": The Future
  • edited November 2010
    Back to the Future: How Marty got his groove back and Learned to Love the DeLorian.

BTTFHMGHGBALTLTD for short.
    edited November 2010
    markeres wrote: »
    Back to "Back to the Future": The Future

Back to "Back to the Future": The real Future this time.
  • edited November 2010
    Back to the Fuhrer

Marty accidentally made Nazis rule the Earth! Hitler gets a hold of the DeLorean! Abraham Lincoln is also involved! Dinosaurs! Time Travel!
  • edited November 2010
    Back to the Suture, in which Doc becomes a surgeon.
  • edited November 2010
    Bach to the Future: Something to do Johann Sebastion Bach, I just like the pun.
  • edited November 2010
    Back to the Voiture: Starring the DeLorean
  • edited November 2010

That, and I am damned sick of seeing the title, "The Game" added on. But at least it is better than the title, "Peter Jackson's King Kong: The official game of the movie."
  • edited November 2010
    leon101 wrote: »
    That, and I am damned sick of seeing the title, "The Game" added on. But at least it is better than the title, "Peter Jackson's King Kong: The official game of the movie."

Telltale's Robert Zemeckis' Back To The Future: The Official Game to the Classic 3 Part Movie Starring Christopher Lloyd, Michael J. Fox, and Not Eric Stoltz: Season 1: Episode 1: Back To Back To The Future, by Telltale Games, and Not Eric Stoltz, Based On the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire.
  • edited November 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    Back to the Voiture: Starring the DeLorean

Ooh. I see what you did there.
  • edited November 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    Telltale's Robert Zemeckis' Back To The Future: The Official Game to the Classic 3 Part Movie Starring Christopher Lloyd, Michael J. Fox, and Not Eric Stoltz: Season 1: Episode 1: Back To Back To The Future, by Telltale Games, and Not Eric Stoltz, Based On the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire.

That's still better.
  • edited November 2010
    Back to the Future:The match FC Barcelona - Real Madrid was so epic I cried manly tears.

I hope it'll fit on the cover.
  • edited November 2010
    Back To The Future: Revenge Of The Delorean :p
  • edited November 2010
    Honestly, I think it should just be called Back to the Future.

Nothing added on to it, just Back to the Future.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.