Are Clara & doc's kids gonna be in the games?

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Well if Doc and Marty were going on a dangerous mission Doc probably wouldnt want Clara and the kids involved in it. Plus he has a time machine so he could just leave them in 1885 then once him and Marty have accomplished what they need to he could just go back to 1885 and it would be like he never left.
  • edited November 2010
    "Corny bimbo"? She's from the 1800's, she's not gonna be like women these days, you can't hold her to the same standards.

Now, first off, it was supposed to be not just an ending, but THE happy ending for everyone. We don't know where Doc went after the ending. We don't know if he went back to 1885, but that's highly doubtful considering that he made a new DeLorean time machine. But, like littlewyan said, if the mission that they're trying to accomplish is dangerous, Doc would probably not put his wife and kids in harm's way to accomplish it.
  • edited November 2010
    This seems like it's going to be largely Marty's story again, with a lot of solo action from him. The fact that Marty hasn't heard much from Doc in 6 months is also telling (in stark contrast to The Animated Series, where they settled down right next door in present day, and Marty was adventuring with Doc and family on a weekly basis after BttF 3).

I will honestly be surprised if Doc's kids don't make an appearance at all. They're fairly important characters with lots of potential, and hopefully are done well when they do show up. I think more focus on them would be well suited for a future BttF installment after this game.
  • edited November 2010
    "Corny bimbo"? She's from the 1800's, she's not gonna be like women these days, you can't hold her to the same standards.

Now, first off, it was supposed to be not just an ending, but THE happy ending for everyone. We don't know where Doc went after the ending. We don't know if he went back to 1885, but that's highly doubtful considering that he made a new DeLorean time machine. But, like littlewyan said, if the mission that they're trying to accomplish is dangerous, Doc would probably not put his wife and kids in harm's way to accomplish it.

But I wouldn't but it past telltale for them to make a apperance.
  • edited November 2010
    Maybe it'll be just like how they left Jennifer behind most of the time.
  • edited November 2010
    Tyrfing42 wrote: »
    This seems like it's going to be largely Marty's story again, with a lot of solo action from him. The fact that Marty hasn't heard much from Doc in 6 months is also telling (in stark contrast to The Animated Series, where they settled down right next door in present day, and Marty was adventuring with Doc and family on a weekly basis after BttF 3).

I will honestly be surprised if Doc's kids don't make an appearance at all. They're fairly important characters with lots of potential, and hopefully are done well when they do show up. I think more focus on them would be well suited for a future BttF installment after this game.

Well, also remember, this is 6 months after BTTF3. The Animated Series was, for some reason, set in 1991. Which is very odd, cause the kids would've been much older than they appeared, and while yes, they showed Marty in college, he should've been 23, but they make it seem as though he had only recently started college. The animated series' timeline makes little to no sense, hence why it's not considered canon.

Only thing that concerns me is the fate of the time train. Unlike some, I love that thing.
  • edited November 2010

THANK YOU.

I've been wondering if she and the kids would show up at least once during the game. I'm not expecting a major plot development, but even a simple verbal acknowledgment of their whereabouts would be great.
  • edited November 2010

I completely agree here. Not to take a male-shovanist position here, as I am far from that, but women had a "role" back then. They were brought up much differently and were held to completely different standards. They weren't treated as equals; but to be honest, she did a damn good job of being a strong female character.

She kicked Tannen in the boots, she was smart, opinionated and she told Doc what to go do with himself when she thought he didn't love him anymore.
    Now, first off, it was supposed to be not just an ending, but THE happy ending for everyone.

If anything the ending felt sort of pushed, maybe even a little rushed.
    "It means your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one, both of you."

While it may seem Corny, that was the happy ending. Alls right, Marty is Back with Jennifer in the restored timeline, Doc finally is in love and has a family, and he still has a time machine.
    We don't know if he went back to 1885, but that's highly doubtful considering that he made a new DeLorean time machine.

Minor correction. Time train, not a Deloran. :) I'm a BTTF nutjob, so I'm sorry if I'm a bit anal. :D
    TheDazro wrote: »
    and his kids stood there for like half a minute, didnt say a damn thing and then went off.

Hey now! That's not ALL they did...
    Creepy kid points to his "flux capacitor"
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah, gender roles were pretty different back then and seeing as they did a fairly good job trying to stay true to each time period (well, 1950's and the 1800's), I'd be a little miffed if they made Clara into some politically correct-borderline-Mary Sue character who had a 1990's female viewpoint like most female characters tend to have when it comes to historical fiction. I might be female m'self and I do appreciate a strong and competent female character, but I'd find it horribly anachronistic and it'd pull me right out of the movie if that were the case.

But that's a whole 'nother Pandora's Box best left unopened.

I liked her for what she was so far as her role in the movies are concerned. She was tough where it counted. And since the only females worth noting in the series are Lorianne and Jennifer, well...
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    I might be female m'self and I do appreciate a strong and competent female character, but I'd find it horribly anachronistic and it'd pull me right out of the movie if that were the case.

A western with such a progressive woman? That only works in "The Hallelujah Trail" from 1965. Which is very, very enjoyable. :D
  • edited November 2010
    FaMzNeSS wrote: »

Minor correction. Time train, not a Deloran. :) I'm a BTTF nutjob, so I'm sorry if I'm a bit anal. :D

I meant that after he built the train, I don't think he settled in 1885 since in the new game he has a DeLorean again.

As for that...judging by the look on the kids face in that scene, I think he was trying to say that he needed to go to the bathroom.
  • edited November 2010
    Whats probably gonna happon is doc'll say "Ooh yes marty! Clara and the kids are on vacation! Now lets go on an awsome adventure! " And also it did seem the ending to no. 3 was a bit forced, i mean doc just barley made a time machine in the 80's so a hundred years ago making a time-travelling train in a time that barely even has electricity... yeah. I think it would have been better if the guy who gave marty the letter at the end of the second one came back and gave marty another one, with doc saying hes got a family and everything in the 1800's and the future's up to you & stuff.
  • edited November 2010
    TheDazro wrote: »
    and his kids stood there for like half a minute, didnt say a damn thing and then went off

They didn't JUST stand there... LOOK. :eek:
  • edited November 2010

You should wait for the time ripple effect to catch up to you before you post in a thread, lest you get ninja'd
  • edited November 2010
    Based on what we know about the plot of the game so far, that Doc is "stranded somewhere", it's possible that the overarching plot of the five episodes has to do with reuniting Doc with Clara and the kids after he got separated from them in some kind of time travel accident and he doesn't know where/when they are. That would also be a good excuse for there being at least 5 unique time periods in the game, with Doc and Marty following clues from one time period to the next. I just don't see Doc intentionally ditching his family to go off on more time travel adventures with Marty. And let's not forget that accidental time travel is a cornerstone of the series.
  • edited November 2010

Just a taaaaaaaaaaaaaad late.
  • edited November 2010
    Jules and Verne. Can you get more steampunk?
  • edited November 2010
    Just a taaaaaaaaaaaaaad late.
    "He was never in time for his classes... He wasn't in time for his dinner... The one day... he wasn't in time for posting YouTube-links..."

:o
    edited November 2010
    "They've saved the best video for last... but this time, they may have gone too far"
  • edited November 2010
    "How old is the video?" ".......About.....3 years."

*puts on sunglasses. Back in Time kicks in*
  • edited November 2010
    Well, also remember, this is 6 months after BTTF3. The Animated Series was, for some reason, set in 1991. Which is very odd, cause the kids would've been much older than they appeared

Not necessarily. Doc and the family could have gone straight from talking to Marty at the end of Part III to settling down in 1991. :P
  • edited November 2010
    I doubt they would be apart of the game, the kids just stood at the end of the movie and thats it. maybe clara since she played more of apart. if they put the kids in it then they might as well put goldie wilson, biffs crew, lorraines parents and bros and sisters, martys bro and sister, ect.. since they played more of apart
  • edited November 2010
    bttf1985cc wrote: »
    I doubt they would be apart of the game, the kids just stood at the end of the movie and thats it. maybe clara since she played more of apart. if they put the kids in it then they might as well put goldie wilson, biffs crew, lorraines parents and bros and sisters, martys bro and sister, ect.. since they played more of apart

But none of those characters were so close to the main character, also all the Tannens had a gang and I think we should see more of Marty's siblings and the uncle who was always in jail.
  • edited November 2010
    "He was never in time for his classes... He wasn't in time for his dinner... The one day... he wasn't in time for posting YouTube-links..."

:o

/thread

You, my good sir, deserve one free internets for that.
  • edited November 2010
    But none of those characters were so close to the main character, also all the Tannens had a gang and I think we should see more of Marty's siblings and the uncle who was always in jail.

What do you mean none were so close? lorraines bros and sister are close, martys brother and sister are close and played more a part, then docs kids that just stood there for 2 sec haha. if your talking about biffs crew then maybe but biff was a main character also.
  • edited November 2010
    But Marty's siblings weren't dependent on his supervision, or even aware of his time travel. Sure, Doc could leave the kids with Clara off in some safe time and place, but a father leaving his kids for an adventure is a bigger deal than a kid leaving his siblings.
  • edited November 2010
    And I've gotta envy how cool life must have been for those kids growing up.
  • edited December 2010
    Does Doc even know Clara is alive??

Whatever changes there have been to the time-space continuum could have altered past realities so that Doc and Clara never meet...

...Or Doc could be from the between I & II films sending the D'Lorean to meet Marty post III...

...Perhaps Biff (From the BTTF ride) is setting Marty up in a trap and has used Adobe After Effects (or whatever) to make it look like Doc needs assistance...

...Let's not forget the OuttaTime license plate, and that isn't necessarily Mr Fusion on top of the car, which model/make of D'Lorean is this?...

Plus Gifs in the battle for instant lulz:

kidpenispoint.gif

-m0r
  • edited December 2010
    Kids, are, annoying, in, video games, beside of Psychonauts.
  • edited December 2010
    Well with the time travel aspects of this franchise they could have the kids be just about any age they want.
  • edited December 2010
    taumel wrote: »
    Kids, are, annoying, in, video games, beside of Psychonauts.

So many commas! Did Stephanie Meyer write this sentence? :P
    edited December 2010
    doggans wrote: »

Finally! Someone who knows how to actually write that name. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    doggans wrote: »
    I have no idea who she (she is a she, right?) is but that's the great part, you always learn something new. Beside of this, sometimes pauses are important. *<(:O)
  • edited December 2010
    ^
    You'll find it even greater when you do know who she is.
    And I am sure you are familiar with her work. Try google. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    Reasoning with vampires, a brunette woman, comma abuse, call me confused. Okay i get the joke but i've never heard or her or read/seen any of her work. Hmm when i'm thinking of vampires, i'm thinking of AVST, Murnau, Herzog/Kinski, Polanski, Jordan, plastic teeth in my youth, tasty blood oranges, that blood tastes very intensive, bio ketchup, can vampires turn to zombies as well, ...
  • edited December 2010
    ^
    Obvious troll is obvious.
    If google didn't turn up what I was referring to, you didn't use google. >.>
  • edited December 2010
    I have no idea what you're up to but i like it when the quality of a conversation goes down to the more usual internet quality, although this at least reminded me again of ...
  • edited December 2010
    ^
    She is the freaking creator of the biggest abomination that is Twilight !!!!:mad:
  • edited December 2010
    I have no idea who she (she is a she, right?)...

I'd say just be grateful for this!
  • edited December 2010
    Reasoning with vampires, a brunette woman, comma abuse, call me confused.

"Reasoning With Vampires" is a blog that makes fun of the Twilight books, which were written by Meyer. The blog attacks the books not only for their unhealthy depictions of relationships, but for their horrendous grammatical errors. The girl who writes the blog is particularly annoyed by Meyer's use of commas in sentences that do not require them. Seeing the overabundance of commas in your earlier post amused me, because it reminded me of the blog. And now I've explained my throwaway joke.

So...how about that family of Doc's? :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.