Exploring

edited December 2010 in Back to the Future
Do you think we will be able to explore the areas of the game. Like docs lab or lone pine mall or even hill valley. If they let us just walk through these areas I will be so happy.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    That's the concept of an adventure game ...

Of course you will be able to explore those areas.

But they will be AREAS, not one gigantic area. There will be a small loading screen between important areas.

But yeah you'll be able to explore a lot I think in the first episode, and probably everything from the movies and more once the game is finished. (and with different time period !)
  • edited November 2010
    We've already seen concept art for both Doc's lab and Lone Pine Mall, so you're probably in luck.
  • edited November 2010
    Let's speculate. What role do you think Lone Pine Mall will have in this game?
    It must be related to the events that happen there in BttF1.
  • edited November 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    Let's speculate. What role do you think Lone Pine Mall will have in this game?

It seems pretty obvious that you need to go to the Lone Pine Mall mall parking lot, search the photo booth wreckage, and recover the Libyans' rocket launcher. Then you travel back in time to the 1930's and protect a young Doc Brown from the Nazis at the Hill Valley Science Fair when he gets his first big break.

I'm fairly certain that's the plot of the first episode.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    McDeezy wrote: »
    Do you think we will be able to explore the areas of the game. Like docs lab--

back-to-the-future-the-adventure-series-20101123102524044-000.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    back-to-the-future-the-adventure-series-20101123102524044-000.jpg

Looks nice and explorable to me!
  • edited November 2010
    Great scott!!! Exploring these areas!!!!
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks guys. I am so EXCITED!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2010
    Don't expect a sandbox gameplay though. Just because there is a car, a lot of people thinks it's a good idea to include driving aimlessly.
  • edited December 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    Don't expect a sandbox gameplay though. Just because there is a car, a lot of people thinks it's a good idea to include driving aimlessly.

I don't get it. What's so fun about that?? Sure, it's fun for a couple of minutes, but after then... What the hell do you do??? I simply don't understand.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.