a trailer for the trailer.... this is heavy Doc

edited December 2010 in Back to the Future
BTTF may just end up being TTG's best selling game.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-330-gametrailers-tv/707977

Comments

• edited November 2010
    *sigh* you got me all hyped up for nothing...>.>
  • edited November 2010
    :) Can't wait.

By the way, this whole Thursday night at 1:10AM thing (which is actually Friday the 3rd) confuses the hell out of me.
  • edited November 2010
    What time is it now in the time-zone where the show will be held at 1:30 AM.
  • edited November 2010
    A BTTF trailer and an announcement from Twisted Pixel? Can't wait!
  • edited November 2010
    http://www.spike.com/show/20265

So it's not only the much anticipated trailer, but "exclusive interviews with the cast" as well. Sounds intriguing...
  • edited November 2010
    :) Can't wait.

By the way, this whole Thursday night at 1:10AM thing (which is actually Friday the 3rd) confuses the hell out of me.

Who said it was Thursday night? I'm pretty sure it's meant to be Thursday morning at 1:10 am (so more like Wednesday night).
  • edited November 2010
    http://www.spike.com/show/20265

So it's not only the much anticipated trailer, but "exclusive interviews with the cast" as well. Sounds intriguing...

I hope it's not the same BtS interview that was posted online awhile ago.
  • edited November 2010
    Who said it was Thursday night? I'm pretty sure it's meant to be Thursday morning at 1:10 am (so more like Wednesday night).

Could this be?! Could this really be?!
  • edited November 2010
    Well, we know it will be on Thursday the 2nd, and I really don't think they'd make the stupid mistake of putting it at 1:10 am Friday morning (assuming the 1:10 am time is accurate). No way they'd actually mistake or count that as late Thursday night.
  • edited November 2010
    I already got it DVR'd.
  • edited November 2010
    Hmmm...looking at the calendar I guess it's friday technically.
    As every day starts at 9 A.M.
  • edited November 2010
    Ha, bait 'n switch.

Wonderful. Time to set the DVR!

Ah, this takes me back to when I and several others would DVR and record every scrap of info for Mass Effect 2. Nothing quite like it!

Shame it has to be on such a... unsavory channel. (But hey, I'm a girl and Spike is p. much a Men's Only club. Thank God for the ability to DVR!) But beggars can't be choosers, I suppose.
  • joeldeejoeldee Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    Hi all

Much (probably all) content will get posted online after the show airs -- for those who don't get GameTrailers TV in their area.

They did film brand new footage -- I'm not sure how much they'll use on the final show. This includes new interviews they conducted with Christopher Lloyd, Bob Gale, AJ, the game's exec producer Brett Tosti and Universal's Bill Kispert.

Universal graciously opened up access to their backlot, where portions of this show where filmed. They had a DeLorean time machine there too!

GameTrailers was there for the historic first meeting between Christopher Lloyd and AJ at a voice recording session too.

All this, plus the exclusive trailer debut too. Should be a great show. Tell your friends!

- Joel
  • edited November 2010
    Jace Taran wrote: »
    Well, we know it will be on Thursday the 2nd, and I really don't think they'd make the stupid mistake of putting it at 1:10 am Friday morning (assuming the 1:10 am time is accurate).

It's on Thursday night (between Thursday and Friday) whenever GameTrailers TV airs in your area.
  • edited November 2010
    Sounds great Joel, cheers for the in depth info on what to expect
  • edited November 2010
    Spike sure has a stupid calendar system, then. But whatever, as long as we know when it will come out so we can set our DVRs and such.
  • edited November 2010
    It's on Thursday night (between Thursday and Friday) whenever GameTrailers TV airs in your area.

D'aww. I assumed they meant Wednesday night at 1:10 AM, so the trailer would be there when I woke up Thursday morning. :(

Thanks for clearing that up, though.
  • edited November 2010
    Cool, but i'm afraid i will get that famous message "This content is not available in your country" (Netherlands). So i guess i'll have to wait till it gets posted online afterwards.
  • edited November 2010
    So the trailer is actually premiering on the 3rd? Blasphemy! LIES! This is an OUTRAGE!
  • edited November 2010
    Benito wrote: »
    So the trailer is actually premiering on the 3rd? Blasphemy! LIES! This is an OUTRAGE!

It's TV premier might be the 3rd, but I bet it's released online on the 2nd.
  • edited November 2010
    ^
    Are you serious?
  • edited December 2010
    What time-zone's 1 AM will it be?!?!?
  • edited December 2010
    I know Joel and Alan did their best to tell us when the Trailer would be on T.V., but Spike's idea of scheduling confuzzled me.

So, in an attempt to help clear everyone's heads on exactly when the trailer will be on T.V. I took a screenshot of my DVR and I live in the U.S., Eastern Standard Time. This is the correct time and calendar date that the trailer will air, none of this crazy Spike "my day lasts into morning prime time hours" nonsense!

img3817r.th.jpg

Pay no attention to the Noggin in the Background, specifically one Moose A. Moose!
  • edited December 2010
    ^
    What time-zone do you live in?
  • edited December 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    ^
    What time-zone do you live in?

He already said, Eastern Standard Time. That's GMT -5.
  • edited December 2010
    What time-zone's 1 AM will it be?!?!?

It's at 1AMish in whatever timezone you're in. So while the episode is playing on the East Coast of the US, people in California will still have 3 hours to wait until it airs there.

Judging from past trailer premieres, the embeddable version of the trailer won't be available until after the episode airs (might be after it has aired across the US), so Friday morning (US Time) will probably be when you'll the trailer if you don't get to see it on TV.

I think that made sense.
  • edited December 2010
    ^
    Yes , it made sense....but I am also a little confused.
    Because, how is this a world premiere then?

People that have seen it 3 hours earlier can reveal everything about the trailer here, right?
    And like Trackah said, the question remains whether it can be viewed from outside the USA. =(

I suspect I'll be waiting till friday.
  • edited December 2010
    It's a world premiere because it's the first time the trailer is being shown anywhere in the world. I don't know about the show that airs on Spike being seen outside of the US, but if you're able to watch videos at GameTrailers.com you should be able to see the trailer whenever they put it up on their site.
  • edited December 2010
    Ahh!

www.gametrailers.com have a convenient countdown counter that shows when I can watch it. =)

Mine says 1 day and 14 hours. That means 2 more nights of sleeping instead of 1 =(
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2010
    Mine says 1 day and 14 hours. That means 2 more nights of sleeping instead of 1 =(

Just don't go to bed tomorrow night! Then it's still only one sleep. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    I don't know guys..I have a feeling that when the show airs, their just going to show us the same things we have already seen, it looks like Telltale is mostly just out to tease us..watch the whole show will probably just have a 40 Second clip showing the Doc and Marty sketch and bits and pieces of the 3 part behind the scenes, c'mon Telltale..show us something new please, I would hate to wait all these hours for the same "uh..we can't give much away but the Delorean will be in there..and it will Time travel.." please forgive me for sounding alittle harsh, but I and others have been waiting so long I mean it's bad enough the game will not be on Xbox360 then the teasing and long absence,..again forgive me.
  • edited December 2010
    I don't know guys..I have a feeling that when the show airs, their just going to show us the same things we have already seen, it looks like Telltake is mostly just out to tease us..watch the whole show will probably just hane a 40 Second clip showing the Doc and Marty sketch and bits and pieces of the 3 part behind the scenes, c'mon Telltale..show us something new please, I would hate to wait all these hours for the same "uh..we can't give much away but the Delorean will be in there..and it will Time travel.." please forgive me for sounding alittle harsh, but I and others have been waiting so long I mean it's bad enough the game will not be on Xbox360 then the teasing and long absence,..again forgive me.
    joeldee wrote: »
    They did film brand new footage -- I'm not sure how much they'll use on the final show. This includes new interviews they conducted with Christopher Lloyd, Bob Gale, AJ, the game's exec producer Brett Tosti and Universal's Bill Kispert.

Universal graciously opened up access to their backlot, where portions of this show where filmed. They had a DeLorean time machine there too!

GameTrailers was there for the historic first meeting between Christopher Lloyd and AJ at a voice recording session too.

All this, plus the exclusive trailer debut too. Should be a great show. Tell your friends!

- Joel
    :cool:
  • edited December 2010
    So the trailer is coming out on the 3rd yet it's being advertised as the 2nd.
    Makes perfect sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMsxOAcGlPw
  • edited December 2010
    I don't know guys..I have a feeling that when the show airs, their just going to show us the same things we have already seen, it looks like Telltale is mostly just out to tease us..watch the whole show will probably just have a 40 Second clip showing the Doc and Marty sketch and bits and pieces of the 3 part behind the scenes, c'mon Telltale..show us something new please, I would hate to wait all these hours for the same "uh..we can't give much away but the Delorean will be in there..and it will Time travel.." please forgive me for sounding alittle harsh, but I and others have been waiting so long I mean it's bad enough the game will not be on Xbox360 then the teasing and long absence,..again forgive me.

The trailer is all new stuff too. And it is AWESOME! Seriously.
  • edited December 2010
    OMG! THE TRAILER IS @#($#*@*( AWESOME!!!!!!
    I have just watched it!!!!! Now I really can't wait anymore! =(

Especially the part at 1:43 was too epic when Marty told Doc....well see for yourself ^^.

TellTale definitely went to new heigths with this game!
  • edited December 2010
    How long before it's posted online?? The wait is killing me!! :D
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Me too. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    So they advertised the trailer as being revealed on the 2nd when it'll actually be the 3rd...smooth, Spike. =/

Still, I can't wait to see the trailer when I wake up tomorrow morning! :D
  • edited December 2010
    Wait, how is it possible that some people already watched it?? My countdown meter says I still got 16 hours to go.

Curse you, time zones! CURSE YOOOOUUUUUU! (I just love saying that :p )
Sign in to comment in this discussion.