what the hell was the machine in chapter 1 anyway

machine.jpg

Was it gona be used later but scraped? Is it somthing thats gona return in TMI2?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Well, whatever it was, it's been burned to a crisp now. Now it only remains as a phantom, its very memory and the knowledge that you'll never know what it was driving you to the brink of insanity.
  • edited December 2010
    Well, whatever it was, it's been burned to a crisp now. Now it only remains as a phantom, its very memory and the knowledge that you'll never know what it was driving you to the brink of insanity.

its not in the epilogue T_T so it probably will drive me complete insane.
  • edited December 2010
    Maybe it's something totally dropped, like Marshall character (I wonder though why Marshall didn't appear in Trials and Executions, though).
  • edited December 2010
    Farlander wrote: »
    Maybe it's something totally dropped, like Marshall character (I wonder though why Marshall didn't appear in Trials and Executions, though).

Who was the Marshal character?
  • edited December 2010
    Who was the Marshal character?

The one we break the nose to in the beginning of Chapter 1, he waves his hand promising that he'll get us for it and... poof.
  • edited December 2010
    Farlander wrote: »
    The one we break the nose to in the beginning of Chapter 1, he waves his hand promising that he'll get us for it and... poof.

ohhh him! I swear vengence on a lot of ppl and never follow through maybe hes the same.
  • edited December 2010
    Well, yeah, on the other hand spilling nachos in Ep1 when we didn't even SEE that came back to us in Ep4. I guess they just decided not to include him.

Marshal was friendly though. I mean, he helped Guybrush to get up :D
  • edited December 2010
    Just one of the many lives ruined by Guybrush.
  • edited December 2010
    Well, I remembered when Bosun Kathryn Krebbs' voice was heard during the unseen Club 41 fight in "Launch of the Screaming Narwhal" (in the credits she was just "Club 41 Member 2"), yet I never knew that Krebbs would return again in "The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood". Weird!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2010
    It was going to dispense the maps for treasure hunting, before treasure hunting was split out to its own unique jungle.

Whoops what I mean is... that machine contains the secret of monkey island. Too bad it's burned now.
  • edited December 2010
    Wasn't there some dialogue mentioned in the commentary about revealing the Secret of Monkey Island too? XD
Sign in to comment in this discussion.