Evidence for sequel: Murder at the Inventory?

2»

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Guess Telltale's silence is a good sign. If it was just a random outtake or a something like that, they would not hesitate to tell us.
  • edited December 2010
    Cyrus7 wrote: »
    Guess Telltale's silence is a good sign. If it was just a random outtake or a something like that, they would not hesitate to tell us.

One thing doesn't add up, though: Just why would they put a line for a planned sequel in the first game? I mean, we know Telltale wants to turn At the Inventory into a series, but were they really so confident Poker Night would sell well that they started planning the sequel right away?
    That's the power of TF2 items for you, I guess. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    I think it's more of a developer's Easter Egg, seeing as Murder at the Inventory was already discussed since a few months ago.
  • edited December 2010
    In other news the video has exceded 5,000 views.
    I should look at hidden game files more often.
  • edited April 2011
    It would be cool to have it be similar to Clue in that the killer, weapon, and motive (since, as far as we know, The Inventory has only a few rooms) change with each play through. Also, allow the player to choose a partner character to banter with and bounce ideas off of. As well as if the player accidentally chooses the murderer as their partner, give them the choice of helping them frame someone else or turning in their friend.
  • edited April 2011
    if only we could make it
  • edited April 2011
    I have always hoped for a sequel. Murder at the Inventory would be great.

My suspicion's were piqued from the forums.
    "Pokernight at the Inventory" is a sub-area of "At the Inventory"
  • edited April 2011
    I don't know if they really plan on making a full game out of their PAX game, but it seemed to me that Telltale alluded to making The Inventory a reoccurring setting for various game types.
  • edited April 2011
    Like Puzzle Agent, this was not intended to be a full series straight away, rather see how it sells first before going back to the licence holders. Either they decided there's not enough interest or it might be mentioned once Puzzle Agent 2 is out of the way (or alternatively, BttF, although I have a feeling KQ or Fables will fill that slot). Or c) none of the above - they can't ascertain how much interest there is for sequels because of the amount of people that bought it to get their hands on exclusive items in TF2.
  • edited April 2011
    I'd much rather see "Zombie Apocalypse at the Inventory", a map for Left 4 Dead 2 with the Inventory gang.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.