Evidence for sequel: Murder at the Inventory?

I was looking through the dialogue and I found a wierd conversation between Max and Winlsow.
Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvuLLT7gZ4A

Comments

• edited December 2010
    First we find hints at bringing SBCG4AP to PS3/iPad in the Poker Night voice files, now this. Nice find!

I wonder what other stuff Telltale's hid in their voice files before. Not necessarily in Poker Night, just any game.
  • edited December 2010
    Oooh, I hope it's true! But why would they include it on this release?

Also, I hope we get to see more characters this time. Seems that Winslow and Max are staying, so Tycho, The Heavy and Strong Bad are in too? Sam is a shoe-in probably, maybe even the main character? Like that "Make your scene" video from a while back...
  • edited December 2010
    My eyebrow is officially raised.
  • edited December 2010
    Well, it's either:

One: Some sort of murder game. Telltale DID say they were going to make more "At the Inventory" games if Poker Night sold well enough.

Two: PAX dialog. Didn't PAX 2010 have a "make-a-scene" involving murder?
  • edited December 2010
    I wonder this dialouge actually takes place in the game. Right after unlocking everything and beating the game 100%, you know. I haven't tried such a thing, though.
  • edited December 2010
    Well, it's either:

One: Some sort of murder game. Telltale DID say they were going to make more "At the Inventory" games if Poker Night sold well enough.

Yeah, A Raptor disguised as Tycho did it.
  • edited December 2010
    Sweet.
  • edited December 2010
    I said Murder like that when I was in Pippin this past summer! Ahhh, good times...
  • edited December 2010
    Funny wasnt it the idea of a forum member of this game? Sounds like telltale is making games that we pick now

In which case, make a war game where gabe sam the scout, and homestar team up and you play as your choice of tycho strong bad heavy or max in order to defend bubs conscession stand.
  • edited December 2010

Yeah, but that was voiced by the audience.
  • edited December 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    Yeah, A Raptor disguised as Tycho did it.

No. A velociraptor disguised as Tycho's early model did it.
  • edited December 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Funny wasnt it the idea of a forum member of this game? Sounds like telltale is making games that we pick now

As the proposer of "Murder at the Inventory", I now know that I have power.
    Therefore, I demand that Telltale's next game be "Strong Mad's Cubeland Adventures!" followed closely by "Et tu, Brutus?: Brutus's Roman Game for Vengeful People!"
  • edited December 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    followed closely by "Et tu, Brute?: Brutus's Roman Game for Vengeful People!"
    Fix'd. :) (Sorry, I'm a Latin grammar nazi. :D)
  • edited December 2010
    Interesting ;) I've always said the Inventory is the perfect place for detective stories.
  • edited December 2010
    furrykef wrote: »
    Fix'd. :) (Sorry, I'm a Latin grammar nazi. :D)

Fine, fine. Telltale, when (not if) you make the game, use the spelling Furrykef used. That way the Latin nazis don't come after you.
  • edited December 2010
    Perpetrator will be the Blue Spy.

I know this.
  • edited December 2010
    If this is a Clue-type game I will pay lots of dollars for it!!
    Are we speculating too much? Eh, it's the TTForums, of course we are :p
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited December 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    The Make a Scene for Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People had an intro and outro with Strong Bad that was actually voiced by Matt Chapman, so this could be the officially voiced intro to The Inventory make a scene clip.
  • edited December 2010
    Jennifer wrote: »
    The Make a Scene for Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People had an intro and outro with Strong Bad that was actually voiced by Matt Chapman, so this could be the officially voiced intro to The Inventory make a scene clip.

Except that...there was no intro to it.
  • edited December 2010
    IF there were to be a Murder Night at the Inventory, I'd expect it to be a bit like those murder mystery RPs. With a randomized killer. And the killer... COULD BE YOU! MWUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUA!!!
  • edited December 2010
    My hopes of a sequal are officially raised.
  • edited December 2010
    Let's hope that said sequel will be better tested before release.
  • edited December 2010

Out of curiosity, who was Tycho's voice right before his big reveal as a velociraptor? It doesn't sound like Kid Beyond (and, believe me, I would know after fangasming over his voice for two weeks now).
  • seanvanamanseanvanaman Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2010
    OttersPod wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, who was Tycho's voice right before his big reveal as a velociraptor? It doesn't sound like Kid Beyond (and, believe me, I would know after fangasming over his voice for two weeks now).

That would be Telltale designer Joe Pinney.
  • edited December 2010
    Actually Telltale, scratch development on Strong Mad's Cubeland Adventures. I had a better idea that deserves an immediate release - Tetris: T-Block's Trial.
    It'd even allow you to put the cube models from Strong Mad's canceled game to good use!
  • edited December 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    Actually Telltale, scratch development on Strong Mad's Cubeland Adventures. I had a better idea that deserves an immediate release - Tetris: T-Block's Trial.
    It'd even allow you to put the cube models from Strong Mad's canceled game to good use!

I only approve if we can heap stones on our enemies, making their bones bend and snap beneath the weight.
  • edited December 2010
    I will pay money for an "At The Inventory" season, no doubt.
    This information just makes it all the better!
  • edited December 2010
    I believe that The Inventory could easily be written to have some very enticing secrets. I hope Poker Night sells well enough to make this a reality. Even though it utilises a crossover cast (heck, partly because it features a crossover cast), this could be the gem or flop of 2011.
  • edited December 2010
    Hehe, you said flop.

No, not in an innuendo way. Just saying, because the first At The Inventory game was Poker Night.
  • edited December 2010
    OttersPod wrote: »
    I only approve if we can heap stones on our enemies, making their bones bend and snap beneath the weight.

Of course. What is a Tetris adventure game if not violent?
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah a few people, myself included, wanted this, YES!!! :D
  • edited December 2010
    Hopefully more of the "Inventory" will be made. I loved Poker Night :33 I would get the other "Inventory" games to just watch other characters talk and fun stuff.
  • edited December 2010

Actually, they prepicked the theme. I'm pretty sure there was far more vocal support for tax returns at the inventory. Or maybe that's just me. It either was that or something else that wasn't murder at the inventory. I can't quite remember.
  • edited December 2010
    hmm if fans can make names for the Inventory series then heres mine "Art Works at The Inventory"
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, now that I think about it, Strip Poker Night at the Inventory DOES sound like a good idea.

Although only if they were to replace the female Penny Arcade character with a VG Cats character. The only female popular enough to be in a video game would have to be Annarchy, and nobody's waiting to see her naked.

Although, nobody's waiting to see the Administrator naked as well...
  • edited December 2010
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    Yeah, now that I think about it, Strip Poker Night at the Inventory DOES sound like a good idea.

Although only if they were to replace the female Penny Arcade character with a VG Cats character. The only female popular enough to be in a video game would have to be Annarchy, and nobody's waiting to see her naked.

Although, nobody's waiting to see the Administrator naked as well...

Thats where Winslow has the host comes in handy he can step in for all his fans.
  • edited December 2010
    That reminded me of Blue Toad Murder Files: The Mysteries of Little Riddle. Maybe they're working with Relentless on this?
  • edited December 2010
    A... Muuuuuurder?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g9WjcGdxuM

Now, time for srs bss.
    If The Inventory does continue to admit the likes of us to it's shenanigans, I assume that the characters would be definitely some Sam and Max people. I mean, if Telltale are making it, then there a'course they're gonna put in their flagship series. As for other licenses, who knows, but I do know that murder games are much more exciting with more than just 4 witnesses. ;)(Wink wink Nudge Nudge Telltale)
  • edited December 2010
    I would assume if they make it that the majority of characters will be S&M or HR characters with maybe a few TF2 guys and possibly gabe and someone else from penny arcade.
  • edited December 2010
    Sam and Annarchy finding out who killed Strong Sad, with Sniper? Yeah? Yeeaaah?

BUT...
    STRONG SAD'S A SPY!!!!

I'm for that. Totally.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.