Why Tycho?

This isn't a complaint or anything; I'm a huge fan of Penny Arcade, and Tycho cracks me up in PNatI. But it seems like I'm in a minority, given how about 45% of the internet community hates him and curses his name all over deviantArt.

So, out of sheer curiosity, why pick him, Telltale? I mean, there are innumerable caches of webcomics out there. Was it just cuz you guys liked him best?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Yes, there are lots of webcomics, but Penny Arcade is the only one to achieve any real mainstream success, though.

I think Tycho was included because Mike and Jerry and Telltale had a mutual fanship of each other.
  • edited December 2010
    OttersPod wrote: »
    given how about 45% of the internet community hates him and curses his name all over deviantArt.

4chan and DeviantArt rarely utters credible comments on issues, and this is not one of them.
  • HoboStewHoboStew Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2010
    Because the XKCD characters just don't look right when modeled in 3d.
  • edited December 2010
    It would be cool though to see Cyanide and Happiness in the third dimension. Exclamation mark exclamation mark exclamation mark.
  • edited December 2010
    OttersPod wrote: »
    So, out of sheer curiosity, why pick him, Telltale? I mean, there are innumerable caches of webcomics out there. Was it just cuz you guys liked him best?
    Well, I think it had to be a gaming comic, not just a random webcomic, so that leaves out characters from, say, Something*Positive -- a brilliant webcomic with witty dialogue that'd be right at home in PNatI except video games have come up maybe a dozen times in the comic's 9-year history.

When you restrict it to gaming comics, I think the only real contender to PA (as far as suitability for PNatI -- not necessarily contender as in overall quality) would be VGCats.
  • edited December 2010
    HoboStew wrote: »

best TTG Response ever.
  • edited December 2010
    HoboStew wrote: »

Damn, xkcd would have been SO much better. I honestly can't stand Tycho and his bestiality in this game.
  • edited December 2010
    Aww, come on, there's only two species he expresses interest in. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    I didn't know he was also into
    hedgehogs.
  • edited December 2010
    furrykef wrote: »
    Aww, come on, there's only two species he expresses interest in. ;)

Three, counting super-hot ostriches. ;)

Speaking of which, there was an article on hedgehogs as domestic animals in my paper this morning. I lol'd.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.