Back to the Future NES meets BTTF 2010

edited December 2010 in Back to the Future
Hey all,

Like many of you, I'm pretty pumped about this game as I was one of the unfortunate many, who actually shelled out good money for the NES cart back in the day. That was quite literally the day my video game innocence was stolen from me. That song drove me insane. Over and over and over and the gameplay - insert every rant from AVGN to Seanbaby and more.

I almost pre-ordered but I guess you can't for the PS3 yet. Once it's available, I'll be there on day one.

For fun, I decided to do record a re-imagined theme song from the NES and update it and created this mashup of the NES game and the new trailer. I hope you like it. If not, that's cool too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3j-9bnHZw0

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Hahaha, nice. Never thought I'd hear a reworked version of that song.

I happen to be one of the few who have beaten that game btw. It is apparently considered very difficult, but it's not too bad once you put some time into it.
  • edited December 2010
    Hey thanks for listening and taking a moment to comment! Kudos to you for beating that game. I don't know how you did it...you must have turned the sound down. :D Back in the day I managed to get to the diner level but that was about it. I distinctly remember after playing it and being so disgusted that I just flushed $50 of my hard-earned money down the crapper, I recognized the LJN logo from when I had purchased their terrible X-Men game. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, shame on me again as I must be brain-damaged...because I bought Roger Rabbit too."
  • edited December 2010
    Please post the link on a non-YouTube site. I am in Shanghai now so there's a lot that's blocked. If someone can also PM me instructions on how to get FB to come up, that would be great too.
  • edited December 2010
    Toneiiblue wrote: »
    Please post the link on a non-YouTube site. I am in Shanghai now so there's a lot that's blocked. If someone can also PM me instructions on how to get FB to come up, that would be great too.

I'd love you to help you out but the only sites I've seen that are available in China are in Chinese and I can't get around those sites due to the language barrier. Sorry! :(

Anyone have any ideas?
  • edited December 2010
    If I could suggest if you are a big BTTF fan ordering the game direct through TTG for PC.. That way you get the DVD for the cost of shipping...
  • edited December 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    If I could suggest if you are a big BTTF fan ordering the game direct through TTG for PC.. That way you get the DVD for the cost of shipping...

I will most likely be playing this on the PS3 though. Possibly my Mac.
  • edited December 2010
    Needs more bees.
  • edited December 2010
    Spykes wrote: »
    Needs more bees.
    Also more breaking glass and bowling balls.
  • edited December 2010
    Moxxi wrote: »
    I will most likely be playing this on the PS3 though. Possibly my Mac.

fair enough.... but come DVD time.... the place gets bombarded with people angry because they bought it on Steam... or a game console and do not understand why they are not eligible for the free DVD.
  • edited December 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    fair enough.... but come DVD time.... the place gets bombarded with people angry because they bought it on Steam... or a game console and do not understand why they are not eligible for the free DVD.

I looked over the pre-order info and now I actually know what you're talking about. I thought the DVD was the free game - Puzzle Agent but now I know it's a compilation disc of all of the game episodes. Having the DVD isn't a necessity for me, but it would be nice to have a pre-order incentive on the PS3 as I'd prefer to play the game on the big screen, rather than my Mac.
  • edited December 2010
    If there is one game that makes me rage as much as Ghostbusters for the NES did, its Back to the Future for the NES.

RRRAAAAAAGGGGGEEEE at how bad they are and don't have anything to do with the movies that they were based off of.
  • edited December 2010
    At least the Ghostbusters game has got the Ghostbusters theme song.
  • edited December 2010
    Farlander wrote: »
    At least the Ghostbusters game has got the Ghostbusters theme song.

It was not hard to miss it, it played threw out the entire game, I'm just glad that both films are getting updated games.

Edit: Well, got in the Ghostbusters case since that game already came out.
  • edited December 2010
    It was not hard to miss it, it played threw out the entire game, I'm just glad that both films are getting updated games.

Lol yeah. Actually, there was SO MUCH OF THE GHOSTBUSTERS THEME THAT IT WAS BAD :D And though I liked very much the new Ghostbusters game (it was very enjoyable), it was a bit of a letdown that the GB theme sounded only TWO times in the WHOLE game, and those two times were SHORT AS HELL.
  • edited December 2010
    Remember! There was one decent BTTF game but it didn't make it stateside. So i guess it doesn't count.
  • edited December 2010
    TentuZero wrote: »
    Remember! There was one decent BTTF game but it didn't make it stateside. So i guess it doesn't count.

Yeah, that would be Super Back to the Future II. The Nerd mentioned it in his updated BTTF review and wasn't happy that it wasn't released stateside for whatever reason.
  • edited December 2010
    ^
    Decent is still being generous. That game is pain as hell! Frustrating level designs is an understatement. >.>
  • edited December 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    ^
    Decent is still being generous. That game is pain as hell! Frustrating level designs is an understatement. >.>

I still managed to beat it when I did an LP of it, and speaking of LPs, I hope Telltale doesn't mind me doing one of this game, though I'd more then likely LP eposide 1 when eposide 2 comes out.

I also hope Moxxi doesn't mind that I kinda detracted his topic.
  • edited December 2010
    Ashki wrote: »
    I also hope Moxxi doesn't mind that I kinda detracted his topic.

Yes I do. It all has to be about me!!! :D

That's one of those things I don't get either. Back to the Future had a much better video game offering in Japan, same with Spider-Man: Lethal Foes on SNES. That game would have sold an insane amount of games as it was the best Spider-Man game (next to the Genesis and Sega CD Spider-Man vs Kingpin). I'd really like to know if there were deals on the table to bring them over and then they fell apart or if they were never planned for the North American audience. I mean, those characters originated in North America!
  • edited December 2010
    Interesting note about the BttF theme song. When I was learning the keyboard parts I had to slow them down. When slowed down, the BttF theme (from the NES game) is actually the bassline of Power of Love...but it's sped up in game and played incredibly fast to be virtually unrecognizable. I should make a Youtube video about that.

Edit: Someone on Youtube beat me to it a couple of years ago already. Check it out here for proof:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTY93ZxTZpY&feature=related
  • edited December 2010
    Interesting note about the BttF theme song. When I was learning the keyboard parts I had to slow them down. When slowed down, the BttF theme (from the NES game) is actually the melody of Power of Love...but it's sped up in game and played incredibly fast to be virtually unrecognizable. I should make a Youtube video about that.

Is that the theme that plays while you're doing the walking bit? Cause I think the part at the dance is a badly done version of Johnny B. Goode.

Also, Japan got the New Ghostbusters 2, probably one of the only decent older GB games out there, which annoys me just like them getting that Super BTTF II game as well.
  • edited December 2010
    I was laughing my ass off. I just foun out that silly track in BttF is supposed to be Power of Love hahahahahah!

I have heard that song 100 times before but never noticed it.
  • edited December 2010
    Seriously? That theme while you're walking is supposed to be the Power of Love? Yeah...just..yeah, that's pretty bad.
  • edited December 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdmZYJ_FeAQ

Here, they slowed it down. =D
  • edited December 2010
    I hope Telltale mocks the old game somehow.
  • edited December 2010
    yoshifan wrote: »
    I hope Telltale mocks the old game somehow.

That would be great video game fan service, but simultaneously odd, since most everyone hates that game. Still for those who would "get it" it would be a great nod. However, I don't think Telltale is slick enough, nor has the balls to take great panes to bee paying homage to that game. Get it? Slick? Balls? Bee? Pane? What did I miss?:D
  • edited December 2010
    That would be great video game fan service, but simultaneously odd, since most everyone hates that game. Still for those who would "get it" it would be a great nod. However, I don't think Telltale is slick enough, nor has the balls to take great panes to bee paying homage to that game. Get it? Slick? Balls? Bee? Pane? What did I miss?:D

You never know. Terminal Realities threw in the ending screen of the NES GB game on a computer monitor in their game for the lulz, who knows if TellTale would do the same.
  • edited December 2010
    You guys realize that Moxxi posted the same things you guys posted several minutes earlier right?
    Ashki wrote: »
    Seriously? That theme while you're walking is supposed to be the Power of Love? Yeah...just..yeah, that's pretty bad.

It's not "supposed to be" it, I doubt they had the license for the song. They had to speed it up so nobody would know presumably. Interesting to speculate whether the song was intended to be Power of Love, and when they found they couldn't get the license cheaply they had to speed it up, or whether they just kinda did it as an "easter egg", and/or to subliminally please you by the association with the movie's song.
  • edited December 2010

Puns aside, it wouldn't be that out of character for Telltale--after all, they worked Grog XD into Tales of Monkey Island.
  • edited December 2010
    doggans wrote: »
    Puns aside, it wouldn't be that out of character for Telltale--after all, they worked Grog XD into Tales of Monkey Island.

Then we'll all have to keep our eyes peeled for sure.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.