First Anniversary of Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 5

It's been a year ago today when Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 5: Rise of the Pirate God was released. Here's a link to the game script that I created and sent to GameFAQs on June 11 (at a time when my wireless adapter became corrupt before we switched to wired ethernet). Oh, and I made an improvement on the script for a few weeks by fixing a lot of tweaks and expanding the storyline dialogue and updated it at the site on December 2. Be warned, as there are spoilers of death and resurrection, as Guybrush is on his way from the Crossroads to being reborn!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/961265-tales-of-monkey-island-chapter-5-rise-of-the/faqs/60208

1.gif

Comments

• edited December 2010
    it's anniversary is mixed with my HDD's destruction ... that's right, my hard disk got broken last year just before episode 5 was gonna come ...
  • edited December 2010
    A year ago yesterday, Icedhope, Secret Fawful, and I attempted to play through all four LucasArts Monkey Island games and all four released chapters of Tales in one day. It was a disaster.

A year ago today, I was playing my newly acquired copy of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days while waiting for the game to go up. Then when it finally did go up after 8 PM, I was off eating dinner. And sometime around midnight or so, I was absolutely floored and totally emotionally drained.

By the way, I'm still wondering exactly what the problem was that caused Episode 5 to be delayed, just out of curiosity. As far as I know, none of the Telltale staff has ever said one word about it.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm still wondering exactly what the problem was that caused Episode 5 to be delayed, just out of curiosity. As far as I know, none of the Telltale staff has ever said one word about it.
    I'm curious about it too.
    If it wasn't delayed, My HDD weren't broken now ... I'm not saying it's TellTale's fault
  • edited December 2010
    I think I remembered if Guybrush asks Elaine to "Attack LeChuck" a second or third time (if he fails to get the ring of keys for the first time), when he gets keelhauled again by LeChuck, she will shout something along the lines of, "Not my husband, you... b*stard!!" I think it may be a nod to Molly Weasley's line to Bellatrix Lestrange, "Not my daughter, you b*tch!" from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, but I'm not sure.
  • edited December 2010
    I love Monkey Island.... if TTG was a girl I would totally let her take me out to dinner, buy me steak and get to at least first base.... just because they brought back Monkey Island... My wife would just have to understand.
  • edited December 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I love Monkey Island.... if TTG was a girl I would totally let her take me out to dinner, buy me steak and get to at least first base.... just because they brought back Monkey Island... My wife would just have to understand.

TTG have ignored many of my advances love letters and proposals.
  • edited December 2010
    the trick is acting like you don't need them in your life... LOL
  • edited December 2010
    I know this is off topic but I havnt been here in a while and I didnt think it would be right to resurect an old thread.

I searched and couldnt find anything, but was LR:SE ever released as a direct download or is it still only through steam?
  • edited December 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    I searched and couldnt find anything, but was LR:SE ever released as a direct download or is it still only through steam?

No, it isn't available through the TTG website yet, if that's what you're mainly getting at. However it is available on Direct2Drive, which is where I'd buy it if I were you, seeing as how one in every 5 orders is free over the Christmas period (that is, if you're actually planning on buying it).
  • edited December 2010
    There's no way it's been a year already...
  • edited December 2010
    Debbie82 wrote: »
    I think I remembered if Guybrush asks Elaine to "Attack LeChuck" a second or third time (if he fails to get the ring of keys for the first time), when he gets keelhauled again by LeChuck, she will shout something along the lines of, "Not my husband, you... b*stard!!"

Are you sure? I can't find any lines like that using the speech extractor... not that I'd ever use the speech extractor to try and find any dialogue I missed, then go back and try to find it in the game or anything...

...I still can't find the bit in Chapter 5 where Morgan tells LeChuck to come back and face her like a ghost...
  • edited December 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    Are you sure? I can't find any lines like that using the speech extractor... not that I'd ever use the speech extractor to try and find any dialogue I missed, then go back and try to find it in the game or anything...

...I still can't find the bit in Chapter 5 where Morgan tells LeChuck to come back and face her like a ghost...

she yells You Bastard! after he whacks her while Gb is being Keelhauled.
  • edited December 2010
    coolsome wrote: »

Oh yeah, for some reason I thought that happened earlier. Clearly this indicates that it's time for ANOTHER PLAYTHROUGH!
  • edited December 2010
    "Not my husband, you... b*stard!!"

Are you sure you're not thinking of:
    "NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU B!TCH!"
    from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?
    :D

But yeah, the b*stard line is said by Elaine the first time you attack LeChuck.
  • edited December 2010
    I love Monkey Island happy anniversary :)
  • edited December 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    No, it isn't available through the TTG website yet, if that's what you're mainly getting at. However it is available on Direct2Drive, which is where I'd buy it if I were you, seeing as how one in every 5 orders is free over the Christmas period (that is, if you're actually planning on buying it).

Thanks for that, only problem is that it says "This product is available for purchase in the United States, Canada and Mexico" no mention of Australia, I dont understand why they would limit where a digital download can go.
  • edited December 2010
    coolsome wrote: »

Are you sure? Because when Guybrush is first being keelhauled by LeChuck after telling Elaine to attack him, she yells, "STOP IT, you monstrous maggot mating ground!", and when LeChuck tosses her after the attack, she says, "I'm not done with you."
  • edited December 2010
    Are you sure? Because when Guybrush is first being keelhauled by LeChuck after telling Elaine to attack him, she yells, "STOP IT, you monstrous maggot mating ground!", and when LeChuck tosses her after the attack, she says, "I'm not done with you."

It's random.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.