How do you think Marty and Doc met?

edited December 2010 in Back to the Future
I really hope that this is touched upon in the game. I find it interesting in the first movie that Doc calls Marty and says "I've made a major breakthrough, and I need your assistance". Maybe Marty worked for the Doc helping him with experiments, what do you think? :D

Comments

• edited December 2010
    In a chatroom probably.
  • edited December 2010
    I don't remember where I read this, but someone suggested that Doc needed someone to film his experiments and Marty was that person.
  • edited December 2010
    It doesn't seem like they know each other in the first film as well as they ultimately do. Although, Mr. Strickland even knows that they are friends.
  • edited December 2010
    Ashki is right ... before the first film. Something about cleaning up his garage and/or filming stuff for Doc.

(PS) Steal my stuff Jtucker? BAM! And this is for my car! WHACK!
  • edited December 2010
    Ashki is right ... before the first film. Something about cleaning up his garage and/or filming stuff for Doc.

(PS) Steal my stuff Jtucker? BAM! And this is for my car! WHACK!

Hey I think he took that guy's graphic..he took his graphic. Haha :)
  • edited December 2010
    By talking.
  • edited December 2010
    I heard somewhere that Doc asked the McFly's, possibly George, if Marty could rake up leaves for it. It was somewhere on the forum in another thread.
  • edited December 2010
    Doc Brown is Marty's elderly son.
  • edited December 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    Doc Brown is Marty's elderly son.

And Uncle Jailbird Joey is Biff Tannen's father.

-m0r
  • edited December 2010
    I read a few years back that Marty as a Child was a Paper Boy and delivered the News Paper to Doc along his route and I think Marty was interested in Doc and delivered the paper to his Front Door and Doc would give him 10 Cents for Door delivery, so alittle later on, Doc had asked Marty if he wanted another small job, marty was saving up to buy a Guitar he had really wanted and Doc Hired him to help clean up the Lab and help him with Einstein and Film his Projects and they became great Friends, Doc would help marty with his Homework and they would Talk about stuff..it's pretty cool i'll try and find you Guys the Story, it seemed so perfect.
  • edited December 2010
    In a chatroom probably.
    LOLZ.gif
  • edited December 2010
    Doc came from Greece he had a thirst for knowledge,
    he studied sculpture at Saint Martin's College,
    that's where he,
    caught his eye.
    Marty told him that his Dad was loaded,
    Doc said "In that case I'll have a rum and coca-cola."
    Marty said "Fine."
    and in thirty seconds time he said,
    :
  • edited December 2010
    Technically Doc met Marty in the 50's.... When Marty met Doc is not known.
  • edited December 2010
    taumel wrote: »
    Doc came from Greece he had a thirst for knowledge,
    he studied sculpture at Saint Martin's College,
    that's where he,
    caught his eye.
    Marty told him that his Dad was loaded,
    Doc said "In that case I'll have a rum and coca-cola."
    Marty said "Fine."
    and in thirty seconds time he said,
    :

(OFF TOPIC) > Haha, I saw Jarvis last year. He's quite a funny charismatic dude.
  • edited December 2010
    I've never seen them live but i saw Suede. It's sad that Butler left, he was awesome.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2010
    Before the sequels, I thought that it was nicely ambiguous that there might be a loop in time causing Doc and Marty to be friends -- that they're friends because Marty met Doc in the 50s and therefore Doc knew about his existence and befriended him in the 80s, that while other things could change in time those events were somehow permanent or something. But they enforce a bunch of multiple-dimensions rules and things in BTTF 2 and 3 which wholly negate that idea.
  • edited December 2010
    Never thought of it before but that doesn't make sense due to the way he treats Marty before he got killed. It more sounds like the typical someone, in this case Doc, offers a job at College, Marty takes it and so they meet each other story to me. It also could be something completely different and you can construct a lot, who cares, the possibilities of time and space are almost endless.
  • edited December 2010
    At Iron Maiden concert.
  • edited December 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Technically Doc met Marty in the 50's.... When Marty met Doc is not known.

Since the game deals with young Doc, then Marty will technically meet Doc in 1931.
  • edited December 2010
    Actually, chronologically, Doc and Marty would first meet in 1885 :p
  • edited December 2010
    so you go any were you want in time?
  • edited December 2010
    dentbuds wrote: »
    Since the game deals with young Doc, then Marty will technically meet Doc in 1931.

Oh yeah you're right..... Its all confusing... you would need alternate splitting time lines because you would think that would mean that 50's Doc would know him already......
  • edited December 2010
    I remember hearing somewhere that Doc gave Marty beer in exchange for cleaning his garage. Probably from one of the early drafts of the script along with a lot of other weird stuff
Sign in to comment in this discussion.