"Tall Tale Games"?!?!?!

edited December 2010 in Back to the Future
Okay, so obviously you guys have seen the BttF Game trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3blzGwd4xLg
and in the beginning it said "TallTaleGames". Does anybody have any ideas about that?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Yes. A nod to the photographs serving as Future indicators, as in Parts I and III. "TallTale" changed to "TellTale" to show the ripple effect in action.
  • edited December 2010
    Carlos85G wrote: »
    Yes. A nod to the photographs serving as Future indicators, as in Parts I and III. "TallTale" changed to "TellTale" to show the ripple effect in action.

as in parts I and III of the game, or what?
  • edited December 2010
    As in Parts I and III of the original Trilogy (Marty's family photo and Doc's tombstone photo, respectivelly).
  • edited December 2010
    You're forgetting the newspapers in Part II.
  • edited December 2010
    Nope, I'm just not taking them into account, as papers aren't photographs per se :p.

Newspapers' headlines were the indicative of a changed Future.
  • edited December 2010
    Wow, I actually didn't even notice that. I just thought it was some new cool logo design that changed to the classic one for fun. Didn't even notice "Talltale."
  • edited December 2010
    When, I first watched it, I was like, "That was weird." Then when I watched it a second time, I was like, "Oh, I get it! Like the future for TellTale had changed."
  • edited December 2010
    oh, okay. At first I was confused because I thought it was some sort of secret message (being the person I am), but now I understand.
  • edited December 2010
    Nope, I'm just not taking them into account, as papers aren't photographs per se :p.

The photograph in the paper changed too.
  • edited December 2010
    Of course, but photographs =/= newspapers. The most important point in the newspaper was the headline, not the picture itself. If the Polaroid in the trailer had a caption, then yes, I'd take the newspapers into account.

Both pictures and papers are Future indicators :cool: .
  • edited December 2010
    Basically, what you are saying, is that they showed that the future had changed... or was it the past?
  • edited December 2010
    What can this mean? tell tale = tall tail = TellTale doing a Jaws game?
    picture.php?albumid=117&pictureid=1291
    Copyright Darkblade07 2008
  • edited December 2010

Not in BTTF Part II. Two Newspapers, The One where George McFly Murdered turned into George McFly Honored, and the one that says Emmett Brown committed then said Emmett Brown Commended. Both of those newspapers were past events.
  • edited December 2010
    FaMzNeSS wrote: »
    Not in BTTF Part II. Two Newspapers, The One where George McFly Murdered turned into George McFly Honored, and the one that says Emmett Brown committed then said Emmett Brown Commended. Both of those newspapers were past events.

Uhm... but you can't change the past from the future. You got to go to the past and change the future. And from 1955 perspective those newspapers ARE the future.
  • edited December 2010
    Farlander wrote: »
    Uhm... but you can't change the past from the future. You got to go to the past and change the future. And from 1955 perspective those newspapers ARE the future.

What you're talking about is a matter of perception.

"Biff is corrupt, and powerful, and married to your mother, and this has happened to me!"

He's talking in in the past tense, because they already happened prior to 1985. If we're talking about being in a time period, then technically while Marty and Doc are in 1985 the events of 1955 haven't happened yet, meanwhile they had already partaken in them in their past.
  • edited December 2010
    What you're talking about is a matter of perception.

"Biff is corrupt, and powerful, and married to your mother, and this has happened to me!"

He's talking in in the past tense, because they already happened prior to 1985. If we're talking about being in a time period, then technically while Marty and Doc are in 1985 the events of 1955 haven't happened yet, meanwhile they had already partaken in them in their past.

And when the timeline has changed back in 1955, Doc says 'The Future is restored'. To be honest, I don't really understand what you're trying to argument against in your posts. It IS a matter of perception, yes. You said that 'headlines are the indications of the changed future' isn't true, I don't see why the statement isn't true. Every photograph and newspaper headline can ONLY show the past, but while being in a period BEFORE those events happened they ARE indication of the future.
  • edited December 2010

Newspapers were used in the Past (1955) to check the events in the Future (1973, 1983, 1985) in the final chapter of Part II.

Really something not worth discussing :cool::p
  • edited December 2010

You forgot "Marty McFly Jr Arrested", which is from the future of every point we see in the movies.
  • edited December 2010
    But it's from the PAST of the point that Doc snagged the paper from! Oooooh!
  • edited December 2010
    you're just not thinking Nth dimensionally ;)

although indicative of the change of past events, both newspapers and photos being affected by the time-ripple shows that the time line has changed, and thus the present AND future in those time-lines are now different.

Of course, there is the theory of infinite dimensions (or many worlds, if you like), that everything that can happen will happen in some 'time-line' (dimension), and that McFly and Brown are therefore not changing 'THE' future, but are only participants in one of the more interesting dimensions that involve time travel. since they appear to be traveling in and out of different time-lines (different versions of the future) it seems that the delorean is not only capable of linear time travel but also able to move between the brances of a many world universe (possibly dumbed down by doc brown to marty as in 'traveling through time' to save having to teach Marty quantum :P)....

although it's probably easier to just go with the 1 time-line at a time theory :D

for those that like headaches:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation
Sign in to comment in this discussion.