Interesting facts of 1931

- Thomas Edison submits his last patent application

Edison is probably idol of young Doc so it would be interesting to see Edison somewhere along the road.

- The original film version of Dracula with Bela Lugosi is released

It would be fun to see "Dracula" cinema ad like we had Jaws in Back to the Future 2.

- American gangster Al Capone is sentenced to 11 years in prison for tax evasion in Chicago, Illinois

Doc sharing a cell with Al Capone? :D

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Not to mention 2 years after the beginning of the Depression... Hopefully we won't see anything about that though.
  • edited December 2010
    The depression rocked this country to its core and changed the way people lived.... it would be ridiculous if they ignored it.
  • edited December 2010
    The former planet Pluto was discovered one year previously by Clyde Tombaugh in the search for Planet X. At that time Pluto was thought to be more massive than Mercury, and was not known to have any moons.
  • edited December 2010
    Where is it mentioned that something it will take place in 1931?
  • edited December 2010
    In the Gametrailers episode.
  • edited December 2010
    thanks, i'll have to take a look
  • edited December 2010
    - Thomas Edison submits his last patent application

Edison is probably idol of young Doc so it would be interesting to see Edison somewhere along the road.
    I bet Edison is the name of Doc's dog in 1931. :D
  • edited December 2010
    markeres wrote: »
    I bet Edison is the name of Doc's dog in 1931. :D

ROFL. :D

Interesting fact. Einstein dies in 1955 and Edison in 1931. Hm...

PS. Though, to be fair, by some kind of strange sequential logic Edison should've been Doc's doc in 1955 while Einstein is Doc's dog in 1985, which would make Copernicus Doc's doc in 1931. But, hey, to hell with it, we can make it in-sequential :p
  • edited December 2010
    What name do you all suppose Marty will use in 1931, keeping with his pop-culturally indicative names of the past?
  • edited December 2010
    What name do you all suppose Marty will use in 1931, keeping with his pop-culturally indicative names of the past?

Well, name someone who was famous for making gangster movies in the 1980's. That'll probably be your answer.
  • edited December 2010
    Scarface

Tony Montana if he chooses to be the character or Al Pacinio if he chooses to be the actor
  • edited December 2010
    Robert DeNiro. :)
  • edited December 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    In the Gametrailers episode.

That, and in the trailer (which debuted in said episode :p).
  • edited December 2010
    Construction of "The Empire State Building" was completed.
  • edited December 2010
    For those hoping Telltale licenses some period-appropriate music for the '30s, here are some possibilities: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1931_in_music
  • edited December 2010
    For those hoping Telltale licenses some period-appropriate music for the '30s, here are some possibilities: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1931_in_music

"As Time Goes By" w.m. Herman Hupfeld

"Play it again, Marty" anyone? :D
  • edited December 2010
    "As Time Goes By" w.m. Herman Hupfeld
    Either that, or I can see them doing "Dream a Little Dream of Me", too. It would go nicely with "Mr. Sandman" ("bring me a dream").
  • edited December 2010
    Also, i was amazed to see that "Devil Got My Woman" was released exactly in 1931. since that was the first song that came to my mind when i thought of possible music of that time. It's a blues song by Skip James that featured in "Ghost World" film
  • edited December 2010
    nav_auron wrote: »
    That, and in the trailer (which debuted in said episode :p).

I didn't name the trailer because it isn't stated in the trailer.
    In the GT episode though a developer himself confirms it. Or was it AJ at the beginning?
  • edited December 2010
    It is stated in the trailer if you look at the time readout in the delorean
  • edited December 2010
    ^
    D'oh
  • edited December 2010
    Let's see, what else....

Prohibition was still underway. And in 1931, "Minnie the Moocher" was first recorded. :)
  • edited December 2010
    mathman77 wrote: »
    It is stated in the trailer if you look at the time readout in the delorean
    Origami wrote: »
    ^
    D'oh

:rolleyes::p

Easily missed.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.