Favorite Character in Poker Night

Of the current cast, which is your favorite?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    It is good to see & hear Strong Bad again.
  • edited December 2010
    At first, I wanted to see the game because of max, but I started to like Tycho more. Strong Bad can be such a jerk sometimes, but he has his funny moments. Heavy is very amusing when he tells stories to the other characters.

Overall, my favorite character in the game is Tycho Brahe.
  • edited December 2010
    In Poker Night specifically or as a whole?

Anyway, I'll vote Strong Bad just because it was so good seeing him in something new.
  • edited December 2010
    Tycho and Strong Bad are pretty funny, but I prefer playing with Max. Perhaps because he's so friendly compared to the others you don't feel as bad for losing -.-
  • edited December 2010
    You misspelled Tycho BTW
  • edited December 2010
    Tycho because:
    max didn't get his fair share of words
    strong bad is too much of a sore loser
    and Heavy is just wierd.
  • edited December 2010
    Tycho for the giraffe bit alone.
  • edited December 2010
    I bought the game for Tycho and Strong Bad, but Tycho wins because I am pleasantly surprised and greatly enjoy his suddenly-voiced-ness.

Though, after playing for a while, Heavy is gradually getting a special place in my heart.
  • edited December 2010
    Max is cool, but we have other means of hearing more of him anyway. Tycho is great, because it's his first time (I hope not the last time) to actually speak and interact with other known characters.

Heavy is not bad, either. He mostly gets funny lines and he definitely has his own distinct humor. As for Strong Bad, I was never fond of him.
  • edited December 2010
    Probably between Tycho and Max, with Strong Bad not far behind. Heavy does little for me.
  • edited December 2010
    Torn between Max and Tycho, but in the end, I have to say Tycho. I like Heavy as well but not as much as Tycho. The interaction between Heavy and Tycho as well as Max and Tycho is gold in my opinion. It might also be the fact that for the most part, anything Tycho says somehow manages to creep out Max which is also hilarious.

Strong Bad wasn't my favorite to begin with or that funny. Except for maybe two lines, but aside from that, he was just... kinda there.
  • edited December 2010
    I got the game for Heavy and Max mainly, but everything Max says make me smile or laugh even if he just says "fold"
  • edited December 2010
    Max's line that cracks me up everytime is when he grabs his face, gasps loudly, and then says okay, I fold.
  • edited December 2010
    SB tries a bit too hard, Tycho is manipulative so that leaves the lagomorph and the hat loving Russian.

Heavy is usually nice to play with except when telling you to cry some more and being a bad sport, and Max has that 'sceptre' line which can really get on one's nerves. Hmm... I pick Max, because he gives 2 items when beaten.
  • edited January 2011
    Strong bad is the best! Just ask his Fun Machine!
  • edited January 2011
    Tycho, he's hilarious, cruel, calculating, plus this is the first game where he gets real dialog. So yeah tycho has an awesome personality so he's probably my favorite.
  • edited January 2011
    As awesome as Tycho is, he's at once a manipulative *** and a coward(folds more than an origami artist as I've said before), Max is just fun to watch. From his crazy facial expressions, such as his "Cheeeeeck" face, to his chewing on the poker chip, to threatening to shoot his cards, to chewing on a banister as he wanders the Inventory after losing, Max is just endearing. Strong Bad is too crazy to get a read on, and the Heavy frightens me. "Is blood EVERYWHERE! Is this not the funniest thing?!" Even Max was freaked out by THAT story. :p
  • edited January 2011
    Even Max was freaked out by THAT story. :p

Max DOES freak out more than I'd ever imagine in this game. He's crazy, yes, but it's not easy even for HIM to sit on a table with so many people set the limits of crazyness.

I like Tycho more and more when I get to hear new lines from him. I love how he makes so many actual references just to say he's folding or something. He's like an intellectual and less enthusiastic Max, which is great.

I hate Strong Bad I hate Strong Bad I hate Strong Bad I hate Strong Bad. I flip him off whenever I get to kick his sorry round ass off of the table.
  • edited January 2011
    manipulative *** and a coward(folds more than an origami artist as I've said before)
    Actually, folding a lot is just smart poker. Provided that you're not actually folding your good hands.

I wouldn't exactly call Tycho's AI "smart", but at least it's not dumb for that reason...
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited January 2011
    I wasn't aware of any Team Fortress 2 characters before the game since I'm not a big FPS fan and I don't like multi-player only games, but surprisingly I find The Heavy the funniest and most interesting of the four. :eek:

Of course his funniest jokes come from the other characters setting up the punchline for him, which is the case for most of the jokes in the game. The humor wouldn't be the same without the other three characters too. :D
  • edited January 2011
    Strong Bad, because all he's got is this...WINNING HAND! PSYCH! FACE! WHOOP! PLOWWPHM!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.