Raising puts more in pot than you'd expect

This is an apparent pair of bugs. Suppose it's $200 to call. You raise $600. You would expect to put $800 in the pot -- your $200 to call, plus the $600. The first bug is that the top of the screen says "Raise $800". This is wrong because you're raising $600, not $800. The second bug is you put $1000 in the pot instead of $800! It apparently counts the amount to call twice, which it shouldn't do.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    As for the first one, yes, it's there, but it's a feature and not a bug. Simply, the game makes the calculation for you.

As for the second one... Strange. Never happened to me. Maybe blinds were raised in the middle of the game and you didn't pay attention, or someone else raised, say, 200$ more so the equation is now Call + 200$ + Your raise.
  • edited December 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    As for the second one... Strange. Never happened to me. Maybe blinds were raised in the middle of the game and you didn't pay attention, or someone else raised, say, 200$ more so the equation is now Call + 200$ + Your raise.
    Nope. Start a new game and raise $600 on your first hand, before anybody else raises. The amount of money you have will now be $9000, meaning you put $1000 into the pot. I double-checked this, and just to be extra sure, I did it again just now. (I'm assuming you're outside the blind. I haven't checked the behavior from the blinds yet.)
  • edited December 2010
    furrykef wrote: »
    Nope. Start a new game and raise $600 on your first hand, before anybody else raises. The amount of money you have will now be $9000, meaning you put $1000 into the pot. I double-checked this, and just to be extra sure, I did it again just now. (I'm assuming you're outside the blind. I haven't checked the behavior from the blinds yet.)

Oh. You were possibly a blind so you paid 200$ just as the new hand has started. Yes, happens to me as well, you know, sometimes I wonder where my itsy bitsy hundreds of money goes; then I see that I was the blind. Game doesn't really warn you when that happens so you have to pay attention.

EDIT: Now I did that and I'm able to put 800$ into the pot when I'm not blind and noone else raises. It's not a game bug, little to no chance that your game might be corrupted? D:
  • edited December 2010
    I was most definitely not a blind when I checked it one last time before posting. The blinds were Strong Bad and Heavy.

Are you running the patched version of the game? Perhaps the bug didn't creep in until then. I'm also not the only person to have reported it, though I think the other time I saw it was on the Steam forum rather than here.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm running the patched version.
  • edited December 2010
    I know there have been times when I try to re-raise about 3/4ths of my chips, and it suddenly says I'm All In. This could be related. I will give this a shot though at some point.
  • edited December 2010
    I get the same thing, post patch. What it's doing is taking your raise amount, addding it to the call, and making the total your raise, in addition to the call. I don't really get it either, but I'm still playing.
  • edited December 2010
    The same thing is happening to me and it's only happened since I updated the game to the new version. I just played a hand, blinds of $200/$400 from Heavy/Tycho and I got to make the first move. I chose raise, which was set to the minimum of $400 (and hovering over the button said "total $800", i.e. the call of $400 plus the raise of $400), but the game put down "raise $800" and threw a total of $1200 into the pot for me.

Happened on plenty of other hands too, meaning that raises can end up very much larger than you asked for in the later stages of a game.
  • edited December 2010
    Chalk it up to Inventory house rules. :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.