IGN - New gameplay footage (Spoilers)

Comments

• edited December 2010
    So, it's finally revealed that this is 17-year-old Emmett. They're not using the novel's birth date... Fine by me :D
  • edited December 2010
    Nice! But it doesn't show any gameplay, actually...
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    The dialogue is gameplay! ;)

Nice! But it doesn't show the release date at the end, actually... :D
  • edited December 2010
    Nice! But it doesn't show the release date at the end, actually... :D

Are you mocking me, boy???

bugeh.jpg
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Nevar! ;)
  • edited December 2010
    Yea, no release date yet.

(btw, if you haven't noticed - this has become second official "Why haven't they released a release date?" thread)
  • edited December 2010
    YES!!!! Emmett is 17!!!
    I can finally get a good night of sleep.

And in that picture used in the TellTale Blog, Marty is looking effing sexy!!!
    And yes...that's coming from a heterosexual dude. >.>

Thank you TellTale =)
  • edited December 2010
    Very cool stuff. Can't wait for this to get released.
  • edited December 2010
    Its lookin' good to me. I like that icon for the dialog tree. I can't wait to try it.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2010
    Haha, young Doc is too cute! Perfect, can't imagine him being any other way. Well done.
  • edited December 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Haha, young Doc is too cute!

That should be a box quote.
  • edited December 2010
    "The events that send you in the past might never happen!"

Does this mean we get the Old DeLorean?! :D
  • edited December 2010
    Young*Doc is 17?

Now I don't feel like a creeper anymore.

Dialogue gameplay? Ahhh... that's my kind of game!
  • edited December 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    "The events that send you in the past might never happen!"

Does this mean we get the Old DeLorean?! :D

Haven't had a chance to watch this yet(at work on crappy computer), but that kind of quote sounds more like "Hey, if this continues, I won't become a scientist, and I won't invent a time machine at all." Meaning if he never builds the first, he won't build any of them. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    That kind of quote sounds more like "Hey, if this continues, I won't become a scientist, and I won't invent a time machine at all." Meaning if he never builds the first, he won't build any of them. ;)

Seconded.
  • edited December 2010
    Which, no matter how you look at it, is a very bad thing. Better not screw up, McFly! >.>
  • edited December 2010
    If Doc was referring to all events getting undone I think he would mention something along the lines of "I won't invent the DeLorean and all the events after that will get undone!!!".

Doc is referring to Marty time-traveling. And somehow I don't think he's referring to the time-travel in 1931 which is quite trivial on a larger perspective.

No, I think he's specifically referring to the 1955 time-travel Marty makes in BttF1. Again, if all events after it would be undone Doc would express his worry differently.

I really think the events that take place around Lone/Twin Pins Mall are at the center of where the DeLorean originates from.
  • edited December 2010
    Love the new footage.

Also, all of the dates on the side of the page give December 29 as the release date. Are we still to assume this is incorrect information, and if so, why would IGN just make up a date or put incorrect information out there like that?
  • edited December 2010
    markeres wrote: »
    Love the new footage.

Also, all of the dates on the side of the page give December 29 as the release date. Are we still to assume this is incorrect information, and if so, why would IGN just make up a date or put incorrect information out there like that?

Every online games reviewer/news source seems to have put a different date on its head. IGN say 29th, some German site mentioned on another thread says 16th, and I'm sure I've seen one saying the 19th as well.
  • edited December 2010
    alorion wrote: »
    Every online games reviewer/news source seems to have put a different date on its head. IGN say 29th, some German site mentioned on another thread says 16th, and I'm sure I've seen one saying the 19th as well.
    IGN is the only one that has this exclusive footage, though. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    ^
    29th of december would be a bad date, I don't think that's it.
    No one will be playing it so close to New Years Eve.
  • edited December 2010
    ^

I would be. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    Yes. But you are you.
    I was referring to no one.

I have made a mistake though. I should've said 'People might stall their purchase and widespread attention might get snowed over by the holidays".
    For TellTale it really doesn't matter whether the people that purchases the season play it or not.
    They already paid for it.
    Or....maybe it does. Because if a lot of people play it around the same time it will contribute to a hype and attract other people.
  • edited December 2010
    Damn ... this flash video froze up and crashed my computer, twice. :mad:
    Just in case anybody else has this problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4Apu-79wDE

Edit: Oh and it looks great. :P
  • edited December 2010
    ^

You're damn right its a bad day, I'm away.
  • edited December 2010
    2 things I noticed:

1) Is Marty's walk still the same? Looks changed.

2) It seems old Doc has loosened up a bit. He talks less scientifically.
    Take this line: "What I remember, I was a pretty easy-going kid. So enlisting me in a scientific adventure should be a piece of cake"

That's a lot of metaphors for the Doc from BttF1. Which is great imo! Because it shows Doc has matured as a person through his relationship with Clara and the kids. And I don't expect Doc to have lost all of his robot characteristics.
    Also, it wil make the contrast more clear between the current Doc and how he was as a kid.
    Would be fun to see him getting tired of himself. :D
  • edited December 2010
    What angers me is all the negative comments. People that don't get what Telltale game's is about and expect it to be graphically similar to games such as gears of war and expecting it to be a gta clone.
    Having said that can't wait for this game to finally be released...looks great.
  • edited December 2010
    It's not the date. Many/most game outlets will use placeholder dates for games they don't have the real release date for, using their best guess as the date, much like GameStop will use the first of a month for when they think a game will release. Sometimes though, the outlets do not update their database with the correct information.

We have not announced the game's release date yet.
  • edited December 2010
    It's because you hate us personally isn't it. Come on. You can tell me. I promise, not a word to anybody.
  • edited December 2010
    Ok, but at least you could tell us if you plan to release before or after Christmas?
  • edited December 2010
    Then tell us this : Is the day you are going to announce the release date ALSO the day the game is released ?

This could be interestingly recursive.
  • edited December 2010
    I would be. ;)
    Yes. But you are you.
    I was referring to no one.

Yeah, real snarky, not to mention:
    WHY THE HECK DOES IT TAKE YOU TWO DAYS TO PREPARE FOR NEW YEARS?

If it did come out on the 29th, that's two whole days before new years. What are you doing during the day on New Years eve? And don't give me that B.S. that you'd start drinking at 10am, because that's malarky.

I'm with you Shadowknight1, if the game came out on the 29th I'd be on that like white on rice. I won't be doing anything till around 6pm local time on the 31st. A day and a half is sure enough time for me to get in some nice gametime. :)
  • edited December 2010
    I like the footage... not as good looking as Sam and Max 3, but still good (and who knows about other environments). I love the visual look of Marty and young Doc... old Doc is a slight bit off I think, but nothing heinous.

Gameplay seems like classic Telltale, which is what I want of course!
  • edited December 2010
    I love how Famzness has issues.

1) I never said anything about preperation time.
    It's just that a lot of people might want to be able to continue playing the game at a steady pace and not disrupted by the holiday atmosphere.

2) Actually a lot of people have preperations started days before. Namely the people that celebrate New Years Eve outside the country.
    Me for instance will be in Barcelona. ^^

3)The holiday period might diminish the hype surrounding the game.

Plz read my post in its whole instead of selecting one sentence that you can see to attack using tunnel-vision. ^^

EDIT: Anyway, Alan already confirmed it is not the date.
  • edited December 2010
    I think IGN would put the 29th as the date, because chances of being wrong are low, because the game will be out in December. Might as well put their date near the end of December, and the game come out on the 21st, than put their date on the 12th, and the game comes out on the 21st.

By the way, 21st is my personal guess. Wouldn't it be neat if that was really the release date? Well, for me anyway lol
  • edited December 2010
    I love how Famzness has issues.
    I don't have issues, I just don't like how you jumped someone else over what they said here.
    1) I never said anything about preperation time.

Awesomesauce! You're right. I was talking about preparation time.
    It's just that a lot of people might want to be able to continue playing the game at a steady pace and not disrupted by the holiday atmosphere.

I could agree with you there, but it sure didn't read that way.
    2) Actually a lot of people have preperations started days before. Namely the people that celebrate New Years Eve outside the country.
    Me for instance will be in Barcelona. ^^

Nice of you to ASSume that I wasn't talking about anyone outside of the country, whatever country it is that you're referring to. I'm quite aware that Telltale has a global audience and memberbase.
    3)The holiday period might diminish the hype surrounding the game.

That's your opinion, which is fine. My opinion would be different.
    Plz read my post in its whole instead of selecting one sentence that you can see to attack using tunnel-vision. ^^

I read it, and chose to ignore it. Actually, I didn't really choose to. It didn't really read out any other way aside the point 3) which you mentioned. It really looked like you were attacking Shadowknight1 there with snarkyness over a game that we all want to play as soon as we can get our hands on it.
  • edited December 2010
    ^
    Well, you were wrong.
    It wasn't my attention to attack Shadowknight.
    I am sorry if it seemed that way.
  • edited December 2010
    It wasn't my attention to attack Shadowknight.
    I am sorry if it seemed that way.

Noooo problemo. Now, lets get this thread back to the future on track!
  • edited December 2010
    Uhh, I sure didn't see it as an attack.
  • edited December 2010
    I would just like to add that I can't wait to ask Doc where he's been and what he's doing in jail. The answers to these questions (and so many more) are killing me!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.