New homestar cartoon is out!

Today, on December 14th, a NEW HSR cartoon was released!

The good times are not over!

Homestarrunner.com is alive again!

Tell "Everybody, Everybody" :D

Comments

• edited December 2010
    although RIP
    homsar
    , and yay
    senior cadgage
  • edited December 2010
    Is this a frank call?
  • edited December 2010
    It's a Decemberween Mackarel.
  • edited December 2010
    I like how their only thing to say about this is "for reals"
  • edited December 2010
    Now now, let's not go through another xeriouxly phase. They aren't "alive" again. They never "died". They just went on vacation and hung out with some friends Are they still on vacation? Who knows. But please, let's just not say that their back for good now.
    I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist! :D

Actual Thoughts Going Through SBinators Mind:
    WOOHOO! DECEMBERWEEN TOON! OH YEAH! THEY'RE BACK, BABY! WOOOOOO! STUPID ANIMAL CHARACTERS, YOU ROCK MY FREAKIN WORLD! WOOOOOO! SIG UPDATE!
    Oh man.. i need a drink of water..

EDIT: And might I add, as H*R toons go, this was quite the hilarity.
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks everyone, especially StrongBadinator, for the nice replies.

I'm glad that I am not the only one who appreciates this special update.

And by the way, Merry Christmas. :)
  • edited December 2010
    boy its taking a while to load
    and its big for a homestar cartoon, sizewise, not lengthwise
  • edited December 2010
    A true Decemberween Miracle/Mackeral! God I was jumping off the walls I was so happy XD
  • edited December 2010
    Holy carp! I like how much their writing has improved! Perchance this break was for the better, Brethany!
  • edited December 2010
    betonhomestar.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    I was having a really crappy day yesterday, but I gotta say, this brightened it up soo much.

Every joke his the mark, every character shined, and the whole thing was just really polished and well-done. If TBC keep up the updates and keep this quality, it could really be a Renaissance of sorts for Homestar Runner.netit'sdotcom.
  • edited December 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    I was having a really crappy day yesterday, but I gotta say, this brightened it up soo much.

Every joke his the mark, every character shined, and the whole thing was just really polished and well-done. If TBC keep up the updates and keep this quality, it could really be a Renaissance of sorts for Homestar Runner.netit'sdotcom.

A real REAL for REALS Renaissance would be if telltale and Tbc made SBCG4AP Season 2. Though an update is nice to! Perhaps a next week cartoon will find out what happen to
    Homsar
    *Knocks on wood*
  • edited December 2010
    I don't expect them to go back to updating (though I really wish they would...), but this was great. :)
  • edited December 2010
    Gumbyfan wrote: »
    Thanks everyone, especially StrongBadinator, for the nice replies.

I'm glad that I am not the only one who appreciates this special update.

And by the way, Happy Decemberween. :)

Fixed.
  • edited December 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Fixed.

No, that is wrong. It is just plain not nice to remove the name Christ from Christmas.
  • edited December 2010
    No, that is wrong. It is just plain not nice to remove the name Christ from Christmas.

What is "Christmas" all I know is Decemberween:D
  • edited December 2010

Sure it is. We're celebrating the receiving of 'mas presents. What does Christ have to do with it?
  • edited December 2010
    FINALLY!!! Oh man, I just saw it and it really made my day. I loved it. (I was also suprised that it was a 'Supersized Screen' episode, just proves how much the Bros. really care about SB's return.) It's a Decemberween Mackerel!
    A real REAL for REALS Renaissance would be if telltale and Tbc made SBCG4AP Season 2. Though an update is nice to! Perhaps a next week cartoon will find out what happen to
    Homsar
    *Knocks on wood*

Oh, he'll be fine. He will probably just spend another week in the hospital again. I mean, if he can survive a heavy lorde landing on him, I'm sure 'Freezing to death' will be a piece of cake.

Boy I could go for a nice cup of Hot Jones right about now. (Sorry, but...I think I'll stay away from Hot Pooie...ick)
  • edited December 2010
    I'm somewhat late to say this, butYAY!! :D:D
  • edited December 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    I'm somewhat late to say this, butYAY!! :D:D

No, you're not too late.
    Welcome to the party. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    I just decided to check the site today and lo and behold: a new toon! It has made my day. The good times are not over.

I really liked the larger size of the toon. Monitors and resolutions have increased so much since they first launched the site. I knew the site would come back in a big way but I didn't think it would literally.
  • edited December 2010
    Homsar
    *Knocks on wood*

I would rather them get back into regular website updates then a Season 2. Not saying I don't want one, they should just wait a bit until the Bros get the site goin' again, then make an S2. They'll probably wait 'til after new years to start updating normally again, though.

Oh yeah, and this was awesome.
  • edited December 2010
    dentbuds wrote: »
    I would rather them get back into regular website updates then a Season 2. Not saying I don't want one, they should just wait a bit until the Bros get the site goin' again, then make an S2. They'll probably wait 'til after new years to start updating normally again, though.

Oh yeah, and this was awesome.

If I were able to choose between either season 2 and regular website updates, I don't think I'd be able to. I want them both. Equally.

That said, I suppose it would be better to revive the website first instead making a game for a site that isn't doing much.
  • edited December 2010
    If I were able to choose between either season 2 and regular website updates, I don't think I'd be able to. I want them both. Equally.

That said, I suppose it would be better to revive the website first instead making a game for a site that isn't doing much.

Exactly. Update regularly now, and announce Season 2 in... lets say summer.
  • edited December 2010
    As much as I'd love a Season Two...I'd rather have regular updates to the site again. Season One covered basically all the elements from the Homestar Runniverse that I wanted to see in a game. But after another solid year or so of regular updates, I think there'd be enough new material to warrant more exploration.
  • edited December 2010
    Wha..Wha.....What!??? Homestar is back?!? Where have I been? The homestar runner site isnt working for me...:(
  • edited December 2010
    doggans wrote: »
    As much as I'd love a Season Two...I'd rather have regular updates to the site again. Season One covered basically all the elements from the Homestar Runniverse that I wanted to see in a game. But after another solid year or so of regular updates, I think there'd be enough new material to warrant more exploration.

I'd like to see a Season 2 focus on an alternate realities idea like Sbemail 150. It'd allow for more diversity between episodes, and of course, who doesn't wanna go up against Sir Strong Bad in an Old-Timey episode?
  • edited December 2010
    who doesn't wanna go up against Sir Strong Bad in an Old-Timey episode?

Okay, that I want.

Also, I'd love the ability to play with Cheat Commandos toys the way you can play with TGS idea cards.
  • edited December 2010
    I am truely glad that my well timed thread lead to this nice, creative discussion.

Thanks guys. :)

And for those just now seeing this thread, This news is not a "frank call."
  • edited December 2010
    As much as I want SBCG4AP S2 it probalbly wont happen.
    If you think about it the only Telltale game with more that one season is Sam & Max.
    Sigh...
  • edited December 2010
    I'd like to see a Season 2 focus on an alternate realities idea like Sbemail 150. It'd allow for more diversity between episodes, and of course, who doesn't wanna go up against Sir Strong Bad in an Old-Timey episode?

I'd like this a lot. The only other thing I'd ask for is a season-wide storyline, instead of each episode having it's own little tale.
  • edited December 2010
    dentbuds wrote: »
    I'd like this a lot. The only other thing I'd ask for is a season-wide storyline, instead of each episode having it's own little tale.

Yes! That's one thing I thought the last season was really lacking. I also think the alternate universe thing would work well for this, perhaps with one of the universe's villains (Shadowy Figure, anybloody?) opening the universe portals for some nefarious goal.
  • edited December 2010
    Great toon, great. Welcome back Homestar. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    Yes! That's one thing I thought the last season was really lacking.

I don't mind the lack of a season-wide story arc in season one because, let's face it, this was the first-ever longform Homestar story. After shorts and sbemails, I was amazed they could pull off stories that lasted a full episode, let alone a full season! But now that they've tested the waters, I think they could dive into a more complex story arc in a second season.
  • edited December 2010
    I just wanted to say here that this is my first Topic with over 1000 views!

And now I have said it.
    Hooray! :D
  • edited December 2010
    Remolay wrote: »

That worked suprisingly well IMO.
  • edited December 2010
    That worked suprisingly well IMO.

you shouldn't be surprised. Guile's theme fits all.
  • edited December 2010
    Behold, I emerge from my deep, deep state of not-posting to say WELCOME BACK, HOMESTAR!!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.