Will Burger King be it in it?! :D

edited December 2010 in Back to the Future
I just figured.....the place next to Doc's Lab is occupied by a Burger King.

What do you think TellTale will replace it with?
inb4mcdonalds

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I wish I had a Whopper. This is making me hungry. Burger King has the best fries too.
  • edited December 2010
    ^
    Agrees.

Here in The Netherlands I am trying to convince everyone BK > McDonalds
    but they're all too conservative.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    I've stated before that this game could be full of the brands that were in the movie and still not feel like cheap product placement, so these brands should naturally invest in this game (big bucks!). But in all the screenshots so far, we haven't seen a sign of Burger King, Pepsi, Sony, Panasonic, Nike, Nintendo, Texaco, Calvin Klein and all the others, so I presume that this game will be product placement-free.

:) / :( ?
  • edited December 2010
    I'd hope the BK was there. I've eaten at the one seen in-film several times. It's all been redesigned for more modern decor, but the majority of the plaza is the same.
  • edited December 2010
    ^
    I'd say a bit of :(

But at least we have a Nike-wannabe :D
  • edited December 2010
    In Australia we have Burger King but its called Hungry Jacks. Maybe they could have a 50's themed Burger King. Do they have those in America?
  • edited December 2010
    In Australia we have Burger King but its called Hungry Jacks. Maybe they could have a 50's themed Burger King. Do they have those in America?

Hungry_Jack%27s.svg

That is so cool! Do they have burgers with pickled beets and egg on them?
  • edited December 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    ^
    I'd say a bit of :(

But at least we have a Nike-wannabe :D

The great thing about the plaza looking the same, is that the Lancers restaurant is still there in the shot-- and when we were seeing the special presentation in October, and it came onto the screen-- the whole audience went crazy, hehe.

I will have to try to get a photo for you guys.
  • edited December 2010
    I do love me some Burger King.

Those bits of product placement (Nike, Pepsi, Toyota, etc) always felt like a pretty organic part of the world, since they helped to tie the different time periods together in a concrete way. I don't know if we'll be seeing any of that in the game, but it would be great if we do. Pepsi, for instance, was around in the 1930's.

mtpepold.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Hungry_Jack%27s.svg

That is so cool! Do they have burgers with pickled beets and egg on them?
    By pickled beets I assume you speak of beetroot and yes there are two Whoppers with beetroot the Aussie Whopper and the Aussie Whopper Junior. They don't have any with egg except on the breakfast menu.
  • edited December 2010
    This thread makes me hungry.

They should totally throw in some product placement! Even if they're not real products. Some how junk food just fits in so nicely into the retro games and movies universe. You ever notice in many old video games (especially DOS ones) characters collect cans of soda for points? Retro and junk food fit together like PB&J, IMO. And Pepsi is just sooo Back to the Future! They should totally have Pepsi somewhere in this game: "All I want is a Pepsi!" :D
  • edited December 2010
    BK is the way.

Better fries, better burgers, better onion rings... MC has the best chicken though. Like I care, really, I'm a Whopper maniac.
  • edited December 2010
    BK should consider putting some quotes from this thread in their ads. :p
  • edited December 2010
    Did anyone else notice that biffs tracksuit had a mock brand on it?

Perhaps by including mock brands is there way of continuing the product placement and advancement of products through the different time periods?

Burger king will not be in the game.
  • edited December 2010
    Well, you can't eat ADIDAS... Plus, when we think of BTTF, Nike comes to mind first.
  • edited December 2010
    Yes yes, Nike is frequented more in the films..

However biff is wearing an adidas tracksuit in the films which makes me thing this is telltales way of continuing mock product placement...
  • edited December 2010
    I love the mock product placement.
    We already have the Nike Shoes and the Adidas vest.
    Hope they pull of more of those.
  • edited December 2010
    yeah, mock product placements cool. We need Pepsi, though. Or some mock cola brand that at least looks like Pepsi.
  • edited December 2010
    Here in The Netherlands I am trying to convince everyone BK > McDonalds
    Mac = Quarter Pounder
    BK = Big King XXL

That's the only good stuff they have. Fries suck at both, if you want that visit the snackbar. Variety is nice so I split about 50/50. Or not quite so depending on availability :D.
  • edited December 2010
    You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese in Paris?
  • edited December 2010
    They don't call it a quarter pounder with cheese?
  • edited December 2010
    Royale with cheese.

Seen the movie, and actually been to France to order it... :p

EDIT:
    Also quarter pounder "with cheese"? It's standard included right.
    Also, is this the right time to mention your Big King XXL's totally suck. Who stuffs bacon on a hamburger, sicko's...
  • edited December 2010
    Quarter Pounder with cheese is the best.

and quarter pounder with cheese is the standard.

Ive never had one but what about this:

KFC-Double-Down.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    I've stated before that this game could be full of the brands that were in the movie and still not feel like cheap product placement, so these brands should naturally invest in this game (big bucks!). But in all the screenshots so far, we haven't seen a sign of Burger King, Pepsi, Sony, Panasonic, Nike, Nintendo, Texaco, Calvin Klein and all the others, so I presume that this game will be product placement-free.

:) / :( ?

Where exactly was Nintendo in BTTF? Unless you're talking about the arcade machine in 2.
  • edited December 2010
    ^
    What the hell is that?! 0_o
  • edited December 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    Quarter Pounder with cheese is the best.

and quarter pounder with cheese is the standard.

Ive never had one but what about this:

KFC-Double-Down.jpg

I WANT THAT. Unluckily they don't serve it here because it has bacon, and well, "thou shall not sell ye pork to peasants".
  • edited December 2010
    Looks like cheese and bacon, under 2 pieces of chicken.
  • edited December 2010
    Wasn't that called the Double Down?
    I remember it from a Mega64 podcast.
  • edited December 2010
    Hey, what's wrong with McDonald's frys?! I like 'em... mmmm soo greasy :)... everyone says they're terrible for some reason... :confused:
  • edited December 2010
    Tasteless, spongy, made out of fiber is more likely to define them, instead of just "greasy".
  • edited December 2010
    Wasn't that called the Double Down?
    I remember it from a Mega64 podcast.

Yea it was called the Double Down

They never sold them here in Australia though
  • edited December 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    Tasteless, spongy, made out of fiber is more likely to define them, instead of just "greasy".

Ahh, What do you know about fine dining? :D

They taste pretty greasy to me.

I've never thought to descibe McD's fries as fiberous... they're too flimsy to be fiberous... spongy, I could see, but fiberous?
  • edited December 2010
    I WANT THAT. Unluckily they don't serve it here because it has bacon, and well, "thou shall not sell ye pork to peasants".

I've had ONE of those. And I emphasize the "one" because, while it is delicious, I think one is all you should ever eat, lest you risk a heart attack.
  • edited December 2010
    Zepton wrote: »
    Ahh, What do you know about fine dining? :D

They taste pretty greasy to me.

I've never thought to descibe McD's fries as fiberous... they're too flimsy to be fiberous... spongy, I could see, but fiberous?

I do have my thoughts on fine dining, yes. It's one of those rare gifts of being a carnivorous Turkish man.

Pretty fiberous, especially when they get cold.
    I've had ONE of those. And I emphasize the "one" because, while it is delicious, I think one is all you should ever eat, lest you risk a heart attack.

One is seen to be too much for this carnivorous Turkish man.

I die a little inside every time someone claims to have eaten a Double Down.
  • edited December 2010
    My city was one of the first to sell the Double Down.

*puffs chest out*
  • edited December 2010
    I do have my thoughts on fine dining, yes. It's one of those rare gifts of being a carnivorous Turkish man.

Pretty fiberous, especially when they get cold.

hmmm... Maybe you're right... ? Whenever I think of fiber, I think off carrots and bran... and I just can't see McD's fries as having any thing in common with either of those things. Maybe I need to change my definition of fiber :confused: Probably, as I don't really know what fiber actually is, I just figure it's solid and sorta grainy...
  • edited December 2010
    Hey, what's wrong with McDonald's frys?! I like 'em... mmmm soo greasy ... everyone says they're terrible for some reason...

I think you guys should come taste the fast food chains in the Netherlands. There are a lot of regulations which causes them to prepare the food real well. So fries are baked real well low fat, good amount of salt etc.

And you guys are really missing out on this sauce:
    http://www.michael-schelter.de/wp-content/McD-Fritessaus-1.jpgIn the Benelux it's marketed as american fritesaus, which is funny because apparently it doesn't exist in the US.

Falanca!
    Sen turk misin?!
  • edited December 2010
    Falanca!
    Sen turk misin?!

I am, but I do prefer staying on the reliable grounds of English on these forums. Something tells me Turkish isn't your forte, too :I
  • edited December 2010
    Well enough to stay alone in Turkey for 2 months. =)
    But I wasn't planning to iniate a turkish conversation. Just checking out. ^^
    Just tell me where you're from.
  • edited December 2010
    Well in THAT case, good Turkish there!

I currently live in Istanbul.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.