Level 1 graphics setters: Do you think Tycho looks cute without his nose?

I dunno, I just think he looks cooler without a nose. I know it's just a low graphics error, but I like his model that way. It reminds me of Mandy from Grim Adventure of Billy & Mandy or something.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I love Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy!

Wait, what were we talking about again?
  • edited December 2010
    I think it's as cute as his hedgehog monologue.
  • edited December 2010
    Touch his nose. Touch it like no man ever could.
  • edited December 2010
    Nah, I think he just looks disturbing
  • edited December 2010
    Agreed. When he's designed with an area set aside for a nose, turning that area into blank space just looks wrong. It's still irritating as all hell that they couldn't make any sort of adjustment to the level 1 settings to fix the issues with Tycho's outline, and considering the rarity of Telltale patches, they never will.
  • edited December 2010
    There is a fix for it. It's called level 2. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    I wish they went for gradient shading as seen on the PAX panel. At least you could still see his nose even if there is no outline.
  • edited December 2010
    furrykef wrote: »

Oh, if level 2 were an option, we wouldn't be having this discussion. I'm not sure if that says more about my crappy graphics card or the ridiculous performance disparity between levels 1 and 2 out of 9.
  • edited December 2010
    My point is that the performance at level 1 probably isn't a bug (and therefore it's not in need of a patch), it's just that level 1 is lower than the game is really intended to be run. They could have just removed level 1 from the game, renamed level 2 to level 1, etc., and raised the game's minimum system requirements. But then you wouldn't be able to run it well.
  • edited December 2010

Even if you just go up one level it's still laggy.
  • edited December 2010
    My point is that the performance at level 1 probably isn't a bug (and therefore it's not in need of a patch), it's just that level 1 is lower than the game is really intended to be run. They could have just removed level 1 from the game, renamed level 2 to level 1, etc., and raised the game's minimum system requirements. But then you wouldn't be able to run it well.

My point is that while you can expect the graphics to decrease in quality as you lower the settings (that being the point), there's certain things that should not happen no matter how much you lower the settings, and if they do happen, they should be worked around. I recall a similar issue in The Devil's Playhouse involving shadow rendering for Sam's big "NOOOOOOOOO!" in They Stole Max's Brain. If they hadn't done a workaround on it, anybody below a certain graphics level would've just seen a blank wall instead of Sam's silhouette. Kind of like how we're seeing a blank wall in the middle of Tycho's face where his nose ought to be, because his outline goes to hell on level 1.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.