Which system preferred?

edited December 2010 in Back to the Future
Ok, I see there has been a lot of talk about Xbox version, PS3 version, Ipad version and so on and so forth.
I know most of us already have purchased the PC version. But out of curiosity, if given the choice of platforms, which would you of purchased? I would of bought the XBOX360 version.

Just a poll to see what the most popular platform would of been.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    PS3, without a doubt. It's what I have, I don't have a 360, nor would I want one.
  • edited December 2010
    Xbox 360
  • edited December 2010
    I love the 360 and buy most of my games for it but I think our games our much better on the PC.
  • edited December 2010
    I hope this thread doesn't become a console fanboy flame war, but I'm with the PC: Versatile and upgradeable...
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Also, if people want to discuss the game not releasing on Xbox, please do that in the platform discussion thread. In my opinion, the poll should not have an Xbox option as the game's just not coming to Xbox at the moment.
  • edited December 2010
    its a preferred thread to see which platform would of or is the most preferred.
    i bought PC version, but i would of bought xbox if available.

the poll is if all those options were available, which would you of bought.
  • edited December 2010
    I only picked PS3 because even if it had been coming to the Wii, I probably still would've gone to PS3. The only real advantage the Wii would have is that it's pointing control is pretty much perfectly suited for something like this.

Also my reasoning behind not going the PC route is, yes most PC's are upgradable, but I have a Dell Laptop with the graphics card integrated into the motherboard. :(
    edited December 2010
    Great. I want an AMIGA or NES option right now. :D
  • edited December 2010
    PS3. It's got a normal oldskool game controller (xbox does too, I guess). I have a Wii, too, but motion control games are sort of annoying sometimes. I could have got an Xbox, but I felt more drawn to Playstation 3 'cause I remember good times playing Twisted Metal on PS1 at my cousin's house, and I was more familar with the control sceme than I was with Xbox's. Another main reason I picked PS3 is 'cause it doubles as a DVD/bluray player, and I love me my movies :D

I like PC and used to play PC games alot, but sometimes I'd screw up and buy a game with differnet system requirements than my comp had, then I'd have wasted money or have to try and return it... :( I mean, sure I can remember, I've got Windows Vista and how much memory I've got, but I can never remember what graphics card and RAM and stuff like that my PC has :confused: , I'd have to look it all up and then write it down and meticulously compare it with the system req, in store. I used to do that... but I'd rather just grab a game I see, say "This game says PS3/Wii, so it'll work." and play it. I like my instant, push-button world. It works for me :)
  • edited December 2010
    Zepton wrote: »
    PS3. It's got a normal oldskool game controller (xbox does too, I guess). I have a Wii, too, but motion control games are sort of annoying sometimes. I could have got an Xbox, but I felt more drawn to Playstation 3 'cause I remember good times playing Twisted Metal on PS1 at my cousin's house, and I was more familar with the control sceme than I was with Xbox's. Another main reason I picked PS3 is 'cause it doubles as a DVD/bluray player, and I love me my movies :D

I like PC and used to play PC games alot, but sometimes I'd screw up and buy a game with differnet system requirements than my comp had, then I'd have wasted money or have to try and return it... :( I mean, sure I can remember, I've got Windows Vista and how much memory I've got, but I can never remember what graphics card and RAM and stuff like that my PC has :confused: , I'd have to look it all up and then write it down and meticulously compare it with the system req, in store. I used to do that... but I'd rather just grab a game I see, say "This game says PS3/Wii, so it'll work." and play it. I like my instant, push-button world. It works for me :)

I agree 100%. thats why i prefer box games.. im not even 100 sure the BTTF game will work on my pc. Im assuming it will as my PC is only 2 1/2 years old. But then again i cant even get Puzzle Agent to work on my computer.
    edited December 2010
    sethf11 wrote: »
    I agree 100%. thats why i prefer box games.. im not even 100 sure the BTTF game will work on my pc. Im assuming it will as my PC is only 2 1/2 years old. But then again i cant even get Puzzle Agent to work on my computer.

Official system specs have just been announced. If you post your specs in this thread, I'm sure we'll find out if you can play it.
  • edited December 2010
    I think all the platforms are good in their own way. I have them all.

For me:

360: Multiplayer games since most of my friends are on it
    PS3: Single Player games since the graphics seem better
    PC: In-depth games that I prefer to play with a mouse and keyboard
    Mobile devices: Games I play when I'm bored
  • edited December 2010
    I would've bought it both on PC and 360.
    But, I voted PC because it's my preferred platform for adventure games :)
  • edited December 2010
    My initial reaction was to grab the PS3 version. But I'd rather buy a boxed copy for the PC so I can still play it 5-10 years down the line. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    I voted for PC. I want it on the 22 th of December and it will run smooth, I also prefer using the mouse.
  • edited December 2010
    Mac. :o
  • edited December 2010
    Personally xbox 360 because of my set up at home.. but if I could afford an upad.... :P
  • edited December 2010
    Also, if people want to discuss the game not releasing on Xbox, please do that in the platform discussion thread. In my opinion, the poll should not have an Xbox option as the game's just not coming to Xbox at the moment.

It's also not coming out on the Wii, but I think this is a good way to show how many people might be interested in playing the games for these systems that have been neglected lately, in favour of the PS3.
  • edited December 2010
    You forgot to add Macs to the list. I voted for PCs because it's very likely I'll play the first ep on one (my only laptop is a PC) and because it's the most similar to a mac I guess.
    Also, the correct thing to say would be "Windows", not "PC", since there's lots of OSes that work on a PC and the game only runs (natively) on Windows.

Yours truly,
    A friendly pedant. :)
  • edited December 2010
    I prefer to do most gaming on a 360, so that would have been my preferred system.

My PC is better than the recommended spec so I will buy it for that rather than PS3.

You forgot to add Macs to the list.

Mac is just a brand name of a Personal Computer, so it is quite appropriate to include it under PC.
  • edited December 2010
    Mac is just a brand name of a Personal Computer, so it is quite appropriate to include it under PC.
    Not really, unless you only take into account the literal meaning of the phrase "Personal Computer", in the same way that Super Mario Bros. could be called a "Role Playing Game". They're not so far apart nowadays as they used to be but PCs' and Macs' hardware has differences.
  • edited December 2010
    Please, please, guys.

The correct dichotomy is Windows and Mac OS as subsections under PC, just as the Xbox 360 and PS3 are subsections under Console.
  • edited December 2010
    No, no, no, I'm pretty sure Mac OS & Windows are operating systems FOR your PC, which is the actual physical thing of a computer you own personally, which can be produced by IBM, Dell, Apple, etc... or even T. I. instruments if you count calculators as computers... hey they both compute/calculate... and consoles are called that cause they console... I certainly find my console consoling in times of stress, wouldn't you agree? :D Now I've confused myself... :confused: What was the arguement?
  • edited December 2010
    T. I. instruments if you count calculators as computers... hey they both compute/calculate...
    You're forgetting(or more likely completely unaware of) the Texas Instruments TI-99/4A.
  • edited December 2010
    I feel somewhat insulted that you assume I don't have any knowledge of things (In other words: "Are you calling me dumb?")... I admit to having no idea what you're talking about, though, and can only assume those are some kinda calculators with online support or more laptop-like calculators or something... Scott only knows, I'm sure they've come up with something like that by now.
  • edited December 2010
    MgsAy.png
  • edited December 2010
    I'm ignorant? That's worse than being called dumb... Your words hurt me deeply dashing, I hope you know that :D Anyway, thanks for the pic.
  • edited December 2010
    Ignorant of early 80s computers, yes. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    Well, sure, I'm a child of the 90s, I don't bother much with knowledge of stuff much further back than the N64-PS1 gen of gaming... well, maybe I know stuff about the Sega Genesis, but only 'cause I'm a such a huge Sonic fan... I remember stuff I wanna remember, or stuff that affected me personally, don't we all?
  • edited December 2010
    I remember stuff I wanna remember, or stuff that affected me personally, don't we all?

Why do you think I keep throwing out all of those quotes in that one thread? :p
  • edited December 2010
    I'd prefer the 360, but I have a PS3, so I'm fine with either. My 360 gets a better wifi connection than my PS3, that's the only real reason I'd prefer it, otherwise I just don't care.

I pre-ordered it for PC however because I just can't wait for the PS3 version.
  • edited December 2010
    Why do you think I keep throwing out all of those quotes in that one thread? :p

Exactly. I only try to remember stuff I find funny or interesting (video games, random facts, movie quotes, etc) or stuff that not remembering it would make my life terrible (stuff for exams, what to do if I catch on fire, my name... you know, stuff like that)
  • edited December 2010
    Xbox sentuamessage said you might release it on xbox if there is enough interest, well here's some interest!!!
    edited December 2010
    INTEREST was never the problem. TTG is well aware of its Xbox fans. And keep this in the platform thread as mentioned above. WELCOME christophfl, nonetheless! ;)

BTW, have a link to that "Xbox sentuamessage" information?
  • edited December 2010
    Don't have a link to the exact video, was on xbox dashboard but here it is about it on facebook sentuamessage page, it'll be on there somehwere :) http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=137522943544&topic=19510
Sign in to comment in this discussion.