Deleted!

Whenever I play Poker Night(downloaded for mac) it will play like normal, but if I don't play it for one day, and then play it the day after all my memory will be erased. Is this supposed to happen? Am I supposed to play it everyday? Please help.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    warning756 wrote: »
    Whenever I play Poker Night(downloaded for mac) it will play like normal, but if I don't play it for one day, and then play it the day after all my memory will be erased. Is this supposed to happen? Am I supposed to play it everyday? Please help.

If you look around, that has been posted a lot. No current game forces you to play everyday.
  • edited December 2010
    Than what can I do to fix it?
  • edited December 2010
    Back up your game files next time.
    Sorry.
  • edited December 2010
    Hello, Telltale don't give a shit about this problem, as can be seen here and here. Forget about the fix, just stop playing the game and don't recommend it to anyone. Nobody will be happy to lose their progress, nor anyone wants to mess with backups all the time.
  • edited December 2010
    They'll surely solve the problem.

After Earl Boen Patch.
    And after the Puzzle Agent on Wii.
    And after the remaining S&M 3 episodes on Ipad.
    And after the TOMI and Sam&Max multilanguage and on XBOX.
    But surely before they decide what to do with the website "The Future is coming".

Do you think Telltale is just too busy to mantain its promises?
    Naaaaaa, it's just your imagination.
  • edited December 2010
    Hello, Telltale don't give a shit about this problem, as can be seen here and here. Forget about the fix, just stop playing the game and don't recommend it to anyone. Nobody will be happy to lose their progress, nor anyone wants to mess with backups all the time.

No telltale dont give a shit about people like you for complaining about a game. You dont even sound like you care about the game. Go back to the TF2 forums and complain about valve giving us all free keys.
  • edited December 2010
    You guys are retarded, not you gman, your cool, but everyone else here, you're retarded
  • edited December 2010
    Well, I do think the only thing you could do is back it up, or try and find some savegame online or something. You won't unlock the TF2 items with it, but that's probably okay, seeing as once you've unlocked the weapons you never have to again (seeing as Steam records the achievements).

Sucks for the lost unlocked tables and decks though, especially the special effect tables are a shame to lose.
  • edited December 2010
    Eh, I think im just going to play everyday
  • edited December 2010
    But how do i back up my memory?
  • edited December 2010
    We can't help you if you keep forgetting stuff, man.
  • edited January 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    No telltale dont give a shit about people like you for complaining about a game. You dont even sound like you care about the game. Go back to the TF2 forums and complain about valve giving us all free keys.
    You can lick TTG's asses as much as you wish here. I did care about the game. I've preordered it long before announcement about any items just because of characters and poker. And I did enjoy the game. Before it deleted my stats, tables and decks once before patch and second time after.
    But as soon as I've seen in this forum, that developer basically got what they wanted with this game (money, especially from tf2 players) they forgot about it. I believe so must we.
    You guys are retarded, not you gman, your cool, but everyone else here, you're retarded
    You are here too, you know. As retarded as anyone else here ;)
  • edited January 2011
    The most curious thing is though, my save stats were never deleted.
  • edited January 2011
    You can lick TTG's asses as much as you wish here. I did care about the game. I've preordered it long before announcement about any items just because of characters and poker. And I did enjoy the game. Before it deleted my stats, tables and decks once before patch and second time after.
    But as soon as I've seen in this forum, that developer basically got what they wanted with this game (money, especially from tf2 players) they forgot about it. I believe so must we.

Well, if they really cared about money, they wouldn't sell it for only 5 bucks. It's almost guaranteed that lifeless TF2 players would buy that game for 15 bucks just for the items. Although, well, apart from the hats, items do suck when it comes to their actual use.

It's a game that offers only some time of fun so, there is no point of discussing over it that harshly anyway. We all know we'll forget about this game after all the dialouges go old. I know you may want to see all the decks and tables but really, you can see them by searching on internet too. It's not the same as unlocking them by yourself and proving that you deserve it, but if the game does that to you, this means you deserve it. And well, apart from the tables, decks and your poker statistics that does not really matter, it's the same game and you're not missing much.
    GaryCXJk wrote: »

Same here. Happens to some I assume o_ô
  • edited January 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    Well, if they really cared about money, they wouldn't sell it for only 5 bucks.
    Don't be delusional, we all aware that game developers are not charity organizations. Even though this game is very fun and worth so much more then other crap that comming out nowadays, it doesn't worth more then $5. Price is quite fair for just a poker game with one playable level, and set of animations and dialogs for 4 main characters. I'm pretty sure that TTG's marketing department did the math, like there more then twice as many people who will buy this game for $5, then those who will for $10. And I'm sure that TF items were included not just because TTG love Team Fortress, and that sales not just covered development costs.

The thing is, there are developers who care not just about money, at least not only during development stage. TTG apparently not amongst them in this case.
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    Falanca wrote: »
    Same here. Happens to some I assume o_ô
    Don't worry guys, it's just a matter of time when this will happen to you, sooner or later. Just play the game :)
    If you don't believe me, ask this smartass Gman5852, who thought same as you before today.
  • edited January 2011
    If you don't believe me, ask this smartass Gman5852, who thought same as you before today.

True very very true.
    but I backed up my files so its all good for me:D
    Also I never once said it wouldnt happen to me. Just that you really shouldn't get all mad at telltale saying they dont care and stuff.
  • edited January 2011
    Or (indirectly / discretely) insult other members for that matter.
  • edited January 2011
    Don't be delusional, we all aware that game developers are not charity organizations. Even though this game is very fun and worth so much more then other crap that comming out nowadays, it doesn't worth more then $5. Price is quite fair for just a poker game with one playable level, and set of animations and dialogs for 4 main characters. I'm pretty sure that TTG's marketing department did the math, like there more then twice as many people who will buy this game for $5, then those who will for $10. And I'm sure that TF items were included not just because TTG love Team Fortress, and that sales not just covered development costs.

The thing is, there are developers who care not just about money, at least not only during development stage. TTG apparently not amongst them in this case.

The first poker game Telltale made was also being sold, but much later than its development. It was actually a pilot game of theirs, to test their game making engine. Then they thought they could also make a little amount of money off of that. If you made a game with your friends for testing your capabilities you'd also try to make little bucks out of it. It doesn't automatically make you a businessman.

With that said, I should remind you of people paying 20$ just for being killed in a "style" in TF2. It would still sell. I wouldn't buy it, you wouldn't either, but they would make their profit.

It's not the point and well, the behavior of "Telltale is eating my candy" because of a savegame bug in a game that has "only one level" is a good example of exaggeration. You're right about your argument, yes, but the way you defend your arguments decreases your credibility.
  • edited January 2011
    Everything fine guys, I don't like to hear like I don't care or came from tf forums (lulz) either.
    I still have hope (of course!) they'll fix it someday, but I'm really disappointed with absence of reply from devs concerning this bug. Like they don't read this part of forums anymore. 'cause they replied a lot before release, it's not that hard to leave one message now, doesn't it? Not to ask once for dxdiag (I can't see how this is related to savegame management), to leave some real reply that can show their awareness of the issue and tell if it's going to be fixed. I'm not exluding bad scenario, if they decided to spent costs on new projects rather then on patches, I can understand such decision. But if they really care not just about money, they could reply.
    Oh yeah, and happy New Year everyone :)
  • edited January 2011
    Well, when Poker Night first came out it was a lot more buggier than that. The game was patched but they also did express how it costed them extra to come up with the patch. For a 5$ game a secondary patch is too much work for them, maybe, especially when they have to deal with so many other stuff. The patch fixed many problems but left one or two bugs, such as this. Keep in mind that a lot of people thought that Main Pot - Side Pot confusion was a lot more important than other bugs this game has.

Telltale is one of the most forum friendly game developer companies of today, but lately the problems with new BTTF season and shippings do take their all time, plus I GUESS they feel a little uncomfortable with so many pointless complaints (usually about BTTF), usually ending with "I'm not buying from Telltale ever again durrhurr" so their own forum traffic has decreased.
  • edited January 2011
    Telltale, unlike other companies(steam/valve) care about us, besides it's not like we are going to have to wait for these things just like half life episode 3
  • edited January 2011
    After doing some "research" I realized that there is defenently something wrong with the saves, not the game. The saves delete themselves not through a game glitch but on its own. By that I mean I had a save on my flashdrive with a bunch of tables and decks unlocked without the game itself on the flashdrive, just the saves and IT deleted itself. Now that I think of it. Both saves were from my old crappy laptop and I still have it. I wonder did those saves deleted themselves too.
    If so then it really is a matter of time before they all delete themselves.
    EDIT: or maybee there is a glitch where the game refuses to read saves hmmmm.
  • edited January 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    ... I realized that there is defenently something wrong with the saves, not the game. The saves delete themselves not through a game glitch but on its own...
    "saves delete themselves"
    Dude, what are you smoking? :)
    Saves are just bunch of data, it's the game engine who reads/writes them.
  • edited January 2011
    "saves delete themselves"
    Dude, what are you smoking? :)
    Saves are just bunch of data, it's the game engine who reads/writes them.

Im not best on technical terms.

What I mean is I had a backup game data and IT deleted itself.
    Like you said the game engine could have screwed up and not have read it, but it seems to read any other save just fine.
    That makes me think the "saves deleted themselves".
    Of course I could have worded it a lot better.
  • edited January 2011
    Post it to Telltale support or something, perhaps they can gain research data and upgrade their staff or use certain boost items. No wait, that was just a game.
  • edited January 2011
    The game!
  • edited January 2011
    Just saying, my save deleted today. At least, on the TTG version. I'm not sure about the Steam version. In case you want to know, it was the day immediately after I unlocked the final deck/title.. whatever you get last. I already had the TF2 items as well. Basically, I had beat the game.

I'm not mad, in fact, I consider it a bit of replay value ( and it reset my horrible stats, but now that I know how to play poker, I look a bit better anyway :) )! However, it is a bit disappointing to have lost it... but I wanted to say those few details in case they were of any help.

EDIT - Oh. Well. Now every time I close the game, it erases my data. Now that's what I can annoying. Also, steam was also erased. :(
  • edited February 2011
    I know what you mean, it happened to me twice, the second time I backed up my files religiously and somehow the backups still take me to the point of everything missing. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME!?!?! telltale are you even able to make this not happen anymore, because if backups don't work I have no idea what to do anymore. this game has become impossible to use I don't know what to do anymore. I jst can't play this game until tell tale fixes this.
  • edited February 2011
    nahnah390 wrote: »
    I know what you mean, it happened to me twice, the second time I backed up my files religiously and somehow the backups still take me to the point of everything missing. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME!?!?! telltale are you even able to make this not happen anymore, because if backups don't work I have no idea what to do anymore. this game has become impossible to use I don't know what to do anymore. I jst can't play this game until tell tale fixes this.

Yes. Somehow the backups delete themselves too.
    It sadly looks like telltale wont fix this because they apparantly lost a lot of money on the last patch.
    Man Telltales quality really hasnt been its best:(
  • edited February 2011
    Thankfully, my data has not been deleting itself (bought at Telltale, used code and play through Steam). But I don't know what in the game could cause it. Either the game is incompatible with the computer, or the computer itself is doing something weird. Can you install it on a different machine and try it there? I know it's not the most helpful advice.
  • edited February 2011
    Bunnyman wrote: »
    Thankfully, my data has not been deleting itself (bought at Telltale, used code and play through Steam). But I don't know what in the game could cause it. Either the game is incompatible with the computer, or the computer itself is doing something weird. Can you install it on a different machine and try it there? I know it's not the most helpful advice.

Tried, save deleted.

As I said, I had a backup, and it deleted itself.
    I played this game on another computer where I got the save and it deleted itself. Basicaly since all of those where the same save, just copys of eatchother, and they all deleted themselves at the same time.

So its not the game engine, it is the saves.
  • edited February 2011
    As I said before, saves are just data. And apparently they got corrupted by game engine on exit, though still might contain game progress data.
    And, as I said before, Telltale don't give a shit about this problem.
  • edited February 2011

Do you want to know why they concentrate all the energies on new multiplatform products instead of releasing a new patch?
    THE ANSWER IS WITHIN YOUr wallet.
  • edited February 2011
    As I said before, saves are just data. And apparently they got corrupted by game engine on exit, though still might contain game progress data.

You really arent getting what I am saying are you.

Yes my save got corrupted, but here is the thing. I had a backup save, and it deleted itself BEFORE I played the game. The game engine couldn't have even gotten to the save because the backup wasnt saved on a computer, but a flash drive. The engine couldnt have screwed up the save because the engine itself wasnt backed up.

Im still curious how this save screwed up. The engine was the same as telltale texas holdem which didnt have this problem and no other telltale game has had this problem. If this truly was just a cheap cash in(which I know some TF2 fanboy who wants their useless cosmetic will say) then this glitch itself should have'nt screwed up.
  • edited February 2011

Err...

In the first link you posted, a Telltale employee is clearly trying to help.

The other link is just you giving a snarky remark to a Telltale employee saying that the game is goofy. When they were also announcing a pouch.

I think Telltale does care about this game.
  • edited February 2011
    In the first link you posted, a Telltale employee is clearly trying to help.
    How? What dxdiag has to do with save management? Issue can be seen in both Steam and retail versions, on both XP and Win7 OS, with different kinds of modern and old graphical cards.
    And all he asked (once) if we closing game via menu (no, we terminating game process in task manager, doh) and dxdiag.
    I think Telltale does care about this game.
    Where?

I can't see they even read this part of forums anymore.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.