Am I The Only One...

...who regularly talks back to the characters, and mocks them in cases of good hands rather like they do to us players?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I don't do that. I figure it too easy since what they do is only to repeat theirselves after a while, making so much easier to come up with better comebacks and use them at a given time.
  • edited December 2010
    I do that. I have noticed I even have my recurrent own lines, like "cry into your soup now" and "I'll play this one to the bitter end."

But then again, I do this with almost every game, especially first-person-shooters.
  • edited December 2010
    I frequently tap my mouse when I check, but I don't usually talk aloud to them; although I did start taunting Tycho in an attempt to get that freaking watch. It worked. And I'm fairly certain that one time I yelled, "Y'know what?! Sit down! Just SIT DOWN!" at Strong Bad when he won for the fifth time in a row.

But, man, in my head...I come up with awesome comebacks, and I frequently yell at them for calling me a man.

And I flirt with Tycho. Because, in my head, it's not weird to show interest in an animated man.
  • edited December 2010
    There was one time when I was eliminated by a single-card difference. Tycho goes and delivers his "are you going straight to a brothel" line. I retort, "yeah, I'll be sure to say HI to your MOM for you".

The great thing about computer games is that you can afford to be a totally sore loser. :D :D :D

But then again, I consider talking to videogames part of the entertaining value.
  • edited December 2010
    I try to talk back as much as possible, to make it seem like I'm actually there.

I also throw my money at the computer whenever I call, raise or bet.
  • edited December 2010
    Oh I do tap my fingers when I check, I like the sound of it.
  • edited December 2010
    Aside from tapping my fingers a la checking, nope. (Unless I'm cursing someone's continual good fortune.)
  • edited December 2010
    I've always rapped my knuckles to check. Dunno why Telltale games seem to prefer the finger tap to the good ol'-fashioned knock.
  • edited December 2010
    I do also talk to it.

Well... more swear at it when I lose. =p
  • edited December 2010
    I mostly only do it to tycho, because I hate him so much.
  • edited December 2010
    You people are weird.
  • edited December 2010
    Oh, definitely do I. Along with the finger tapping for checking. Sometimes I actually try to have actual conversations with the characters, but sadly, they never reply to me.
  • edited December 2010
    I would like to admit to doing this too. But then I talk to myself during most things (I get the best answers that way:p), so it's not too suprising that I would attempt a conversation with characters who can't hear me.
  • edited December 2010
    I only do that when ever heavy tells me not to be afraid of a big bet and that i am killer so i go in but then he folds. That and when Strong bad makes fun of me for checking/folding or when max wins by blind luck.
  • edited December 2010
    Oooh, another thing I do is, when I win, I always do a dance to the beat of the victory music, ending with a cross-over double thumbs up. (As in, hands start on opposite sides--left is on the right, right is on the left--and they move out to their normal positions as the last twang plays.)

It probably looks ridiculous but I don't care.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.