Sam & Max in Japan?

2»

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Hey! I updated the first page, go check it out guys :)
  • edited January 2011
    I've been silent due to finals, but I'm totally excited to work on this. I can voice Max or the Geek if you need it, too. Been contemplating what Max would sound like if he were in an anime, and I think I've found it.

My last final's today, then I'll start messing with the script this weekend!
  • edited January 2011
    I've been silent due to finals, but I'm totally excited to work on this. I can voice Max or the Geek if you need it, too. Been contemplating what Max would sound like if he were in an anime, and I think I've found it.

My last final's today, then I'll start messing with the script this weekend!

Awesome. So far the officially confirmed people helping out are:

crashblast23: Various/Supervisor
    divisionten: Voice actor/Script writer

I hope the other guys that wrote the script of a scene from the episode will help out on this too.
  • edited January 2011
    I guess I might have to be out (Can't read hiragana yet.)

Also if you need new sound effects for it, Freesound.org is a good CC site for that.
  • edited January 2011
    Remolay wrote: »
    I guess I might have to be out (Can't read hiragana yet.)

Also if you need new sound effects for it, Freesound.org is a good CC site for that.

Like I said in the first page, you don't need to know Japanese to help out. Instead of telling us where you got the sound effects and such, why don't you just be in charge of finding the sounds? Or we can kindly put the script in romaji if you want.
  • edited January 2011
    I speak it at Level One.

But I do have a sexy voice.
  • FlyFly
    edited January 2011
    I'm a music student. Don't speak a word of Japanese, but I know my way around a DAW and can do sound effects and processing (although honestly I'd rather not do it ALONE). I'm willing to help, as far as I know, so sign me up.
  • edited January 2011
    Well, I kinda want to play some form of Sam, so I can probably do it with Romanji. I just give the site because all sounds have to be credited to people who made them, and I'm not sure I'd remember all of the credits.
  • edited January 2011
    Awesome. So far the officially confirmed people helping out are:

I hope the other guys that wrote the script of a scene from the episode will help out on this too.

Hey, I'm on board too if you want.
  • edited January 2011
    current project members:

Fly: Sound effects
    Scrander: Script writer
    Remolay: Possible voice actor
  • edited January 2011
    Okay, so I guess we'll take the first step into this project, scriptwriting.

We'll start with the first scene of the episode of course (0:00 to 0:45):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L37DKgeletw

English Script (this isn't a 100% accurate transcript from the episode, just a basic script to translate with):

News Reporter: We interrupt this program to bring you a life-breaking development. A giant meteor is on a direct path with earth. Citizen's are urged to remain calm and take all the necessary precautions one would expect to take in the upcoming moments before the chaotic impact of an uncontrollable meteor.

*Robot Max walks through the city*

City people: Huh?; Wow...; What is it?;

*Robot Max at the White House*

Max: *on the mic* Fear not good citizens! The Mega Max 3000 is here to serve and protect! *off the mic* While causing millions of extreme property damage.

Sam: And to think our guidance counselor wanted us to do a career in auto detailing.

*Opening*

Now we'll translate this scene into Japanese for the voice actors. Here's the basic script format when translating:

"Japanese script in Hiragana/Furigana"
    (Original English script)
    (Japanese script translated into English)
  • edited January 2011
    Though based on Japanese voice acting culture, I would imagine Max being voiced by a girl...

As soon as I read that I imagined Max sounding like a Tachikoma from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. That's so god damn adorable I'd probably play through all three seasons in Japanese even if I had no idea what anyone was saying :D
  • edited January 2011
    don't worry, I'll just keep bumping this every now and then so it won't die.
  • edited February 2011
    Awww come on guys, I know we're all busy with life, but I'm not forcing everyone here to check in everyday and focus so much on this. Just at least bump this topic with ideas every now and then or something.... :\
  • edited February 2011
    I belive Sam and Max will be so welcome in Japan.
    Specially for merchandasing! I been waiting to Sam and Max's dolls and pushlies to hug!!
  • edited February 2011
    bump
  • edited February 2011
    I know I should stop bumping by now, but I'll just keep doing this until everyone has a lot of free time...
  • edited March 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    I start to think they're also bored from "hot anime chick shows major pantyshot in appropriate times and gets embarassed" and "fat people trying to squeeze in narrow openings on walls that move to them before the wall pushes them to a pool" types of humor.

Some of the many reasons why I'm not a fan of anime. Just give me Tex Avery and Looney Tunes and I'm good.
  • edited March 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    As soon as I read that I imagined Max sounding like a Tachikoma from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. That's so god damn adorable I'd probably play through all three seasons in Japanese even if I had no idea what anyone was saying :D

Oh, seasons of the video game? They were talking about dubbing the cartoon series though and it only had one season. Nice idea though if TellTale wants to release the games in Japan.
  • Hey, guys. Just a question: did anyone ever finish this project? After 10 years and a half?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.