Tales of Monkey Island Chapters 2-5 missing.

2»

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Guys, the sale was just for the first episode. The full series is not on sale. Thus why it works on US PSN.

Sorry, but what are you basing this on? If this is the case, then why have episodes 2-5 been pulled from the network? Why has the offer got a description for 5 games as well as a description of full series? Why has someone on the Official Playstation site reported that a staff member has said it's a problem that their aware of and it'll be fixed next week?

Unless you can provide a source then I'm not believing this.
  • edited December 2010
    Also it's some kind of special offer, it's reduced from 17,99 to 8,99. 17,99 for just one episode? I don't think so.
  • edited December 2010
    The next Playstation store update is the 5th Jan. I'm sure this issue will be fixed then.

Although this is a bit annoying, I've got plenty of games to keep me busy. I would also recommend checking out DeathSpank, that's on offer till the 5th.
  • edited December 2010
    Guys, the sale was just for the first episode. The full series is not on sale. Thus why it works on US PSN.

Dont wish to sound rude - But this is false information.

I clearly states FULL SERIES in the description.And in the confirmation emails.

It also clearly states that this is on sale for a limited time,from £13.99 to its sale price.

£13.99 is the price for the complete series - I should know,ive been waiting for ages for this to drop in price.

If SCEE or TT games is up for any legal battle on this situation - Then so am i +2.

Happy new year !
  • edited December 2010
    fsmmikey wrote: »
    ...recommend checking out DeathSpank, that's on offer till the 5th.

I, Deathspank, can whole-heartidly recommend the entertainment offered by the game named after the living legend; "Deathspank", for it is truly a game of epic justice and tremendous importance within the grand scheme of the almighty cosmos. One last nugget of doubtless wisdom my fellow citizens; be sure to take a good, deep, heartfelt sniff of the thongs of virtue and absorb the unique, mighty fine, old oak mature smell that the said undergarment provides! MMMmmmm... There's nothing like the whiff of divine justice in the morning!
  • edited January 2011
    I just wanted to add that I'm over at friend's place and he's been having the same problem. I read that all the chapters are available in the US, so I thought of the idea to create a new account with country of origin set to United States and download it again. However, this holiday sales seems to not be available in USA, though a bundle of all five episodes were there in the store. I assume this can only be downloaded by paying for that as well, which of course, we're not willing to do. There seem to also not be any way to download individual chapter from the store, and the demo, I presume, only contains parts from chapter one, especially since it is only a little more than 200 MB in size. In other words, using an American account gives access to the full game, but you can't download it without paying double if you've already downloaded the holiday sale version from a European account. All this is ridiculous and very annoying, it needs to be taken care of immediately! All the chapters are available for the PS3 (despite what some PSN support employees have claimed), and other people have reported buying the bundle previously in Europe and still being able to re-download all chapters (I believe as separate downloads, which would imply that the problem is not that they are only available as a bundle) now, after this problem started occurring. There seems to be simply no reason at all why this should not be solvable by simply adding the other chapters to the store. They are apparently there on the servers, but not in the database which the store uses to display downloadable content. This is simply insane!
  • edited January 2011
    Hmmm, give it time, people have to remember this isn't TellTale's fault, and also TellTale is an American company, it's a fault at Sony Europe, so even the best TellTale can do is contact Sony America and try and get them to relay it on, but trust me guys, SCEE are idiots most of the time.

When you guys bought the Season Pass, it SHOULD have listed Episodes 2 to 5 and the Demo for Episode 1 (Which would become the full Episode 1 when the pass was detected. The same is done for Strong Bad, so considering SCEE are having problems with Monkey Island for some daft reason, maybe that's why Strong Bad got delayed because it uses the same method?
  • edited January 2011
    Ash735 wrote: »
    but trust me guys, SCEE are idiots most of the time.

Having owned as ps3 from day one.I am more than aware of the joke that is SCEE ....

Your right,its not TT games fault.Its the morons at SCEE.

And despite them being aware of the problem - They continue to sell TALES on the store.And continue to blame customer over the phone.

There doesnt seem to be any contact emails or phone numbers on the store,to help sort out purchase problems.

All this in the year 2011 - And from a company the size of SONY.

What a joke.
  • edited January 2011
    Alright guys, today (Monday) was a bank holiday in the UK, so employees will be returning to work after the holidays tomorrow. There have already been hundreds of complaints about Tales being broken on UK PS3's, so it's possible that the issue could be fixed by the end of the week (maybe in the next store update). If it's not fixed by next week's store update, THEN we demand refunds and whatnot. But give them a few more days to sort it out and hopefully it'll be all sorted soon.
  • edited January 2011
    Sony isn't solving anything really, all they are going to do is refund the money. Hence if you want to rebuy it do it at full price.
  • edited January 2011
    Ok guys. The team have stepped in and said anyone that bought the season between December 22nd to now will be refunded.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Store-Games/Tales-of-monkey-island-problem/m-p/12162454#M20981

And, oh yeah! They'll also be holding out the offer (£7.19) for another week as well. For the whole season this time. ;)
  • edited January 2011
    I ran into the same problem as everyxone. This was also my very first purchase on the PSN Store, and not a great experience as you may guess.

I wish I wouldn't have gotten a $50 card.
  • edited January 2011
    telltaler wrote: »
    I ran into the same problem as everyxone. This was also my very first purchase on the PSN Store, and not a great experience as you may guess.

I wish I wouldn't have gotten a $50 card.

Same here :)

Got my PS3 about a week before Christmas and my first thing ever beside loading some Demos was the purchase of Tales of Monkey Island :)
  • edited January 2011
    Just for your info: ToMI is back in the Store

I did not get my refund yet and have 0,00 € left on my account but I could "buy" it anyway and download the whole thing. So it seems the store new I bought it before and let me download it.

EDIT: Ok, it seems they booked it of my credit card. Not a big deal I am going do buy some stuff in the future anyway :)
  • edited January 2011
    mike4001 wrote: »
    Just for your info: ToMI is back in the Store

I did not get my refund yet and have 0,00 € left on my account but I could "buy" it anyway and download the whole thing. So it seems the store new I bought it before and let me download it.

EDIT: Ok, it seems they booked it of my credit card. Not a big deal I am going do buy some stuff in the future anyway :)

It did not change a bit for me yet (German store). It still only shows Episode 1 and the full version upgrade on the store, and both are 8.99 to me (the sale price). I still have the upgrade in my purchase history, but can't access any other episodes. Deleting / redownloading doesn't help.
  • edited January 2011
    I am using the Austrian store. There it is definitely up and running. I just played a few minutes of Episode 2 with 1-5 on my hard drive.

Did you try downloading it from the store itself and not from the download history ?

In my case the Full Version upgrade disappered from the store yesterday evening and today around noon it reappeared. The red bag although was only beside the Episode 1 demo and not beside the Full version upgrade meaning it is a new item.
  • edited January 2011
    telltaler wrote: »
    It did not change a bit for me yet (German store). It still only shows Episode 1 and the full version upgrade on the store, and both are 8.99 to me (the sale price). I still have the upgrade in my purchase history, but can't access any other episodes. Deleting / redownloading doesn't help.

Same thing here..

0.00 € in my Wallet but they are charging for it again..

Aww.. c'mon!!
  • edited January 2011
    I got the refund today, and could purchase the game properly now. This wasn't exactly an advertisement for the service though.
  • edited January 2011
    Yep, all five chapters are downloaded to my PS3 now!
    :)

Looking forward to playing Tales properly again before blitzing through them for the race.
  • edited January 2011
    I got my 8,99 but the game's still not there. :(
    AND The Devil's Playhouse is still missing, too.

Edit: Got it now.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.