Skeletons in the Closet

LKrLKr
edited April 2007 in Sam & Max
ITT we discuss and try to guess what will end up in our lovable duo's closet from episode 3. Thus far, we have Brady Culture's 'fro, a hypno bear from Myra, and we'll hopefully have another memorable souvenir.

The potential candidates are:
A toy mafia head
One-Armed Bandit
The Bug
The titular Meatball Sandwich
but out of all those things, all I really want in the closet is a still tied-up Leonard!

Really, the whole reason I made this thread was to talk someone into getting Leonard into that closet. (And no, I am not joking about someone's lifestyle preferences either, not that there is anything wrong with that.)

Comments

• edited February 2007
    Kind of late for that suggestion. Besides, he jumped out of the window into a truck loaded with broken glass, razor-sharp scrap metal, and Mesai Spears.

My bet is on the Gold Bear Head the Don had in his office. But I'm sure I'll lose.

My second best guess is the arm from the One Armed Bandit. (Actually, I'd like to have a real slot machine modeled after that one, complete with "You're on fire!" voice and icons. Only I want mine to be functional instead of just taking my money away until I take a screwdriver to it.)
  • edited February 2007
    That Gold Bear Head seems to be a fairly believable candidate from my perspective, even if we do already have a bear-type item in the closet already.
    Or maybe it'll be the Don's suit, and we'll have to toss all the stuff together in the final episode to make another Max-on-Sam costume like the Sasquatch from HTR.
  • edited February 2007
    Yeah, I was wondering whether all the items in the closet would tie into some kind of wacky puzzle at the end of season 1.

Or, even better, Telltale could be thinking really far ahead (in the way the writers of Arrested Development thought really far ahead) and all the items we collect in Seasons 1-3 tie into one giant brilliant puzzle at the end of Season 3.

Or, (stay with me here), at the end of Season 1 in the final cutscene all the items in the closet meld together to create a giant black hole of eeeeeevilllll which suck Sam and Max into an alternate dimension therefore providing the entire setup for Season 2. And a nifty cliffhanger.

Phew...okay I'm done now.
  • edited February 2007
    The real Sam has a scar on his cheek! I am no-scar.

(.com)
  • edited February 2007
    I'd love to see the Whack-a-Rat machine transported to Sam and Max's office
  • edited February 2007
    Welshy wrote: »

They could always stick Jimmy in the machine whenever he acts up, too :D
  • edited February 2007
    That seems wrong yet oh-so-appropriate.:D
  • edited February 2007
    Welshy wrote: »
    That is a terrific idea.
    ...and while we're at it, wouldn't it be nice if a copy of CarBomb showed up on Max's desk?
  • edited February 2007
    That is a terrific idea.
    ...and while we're at it, wouldn't it be nice if a copy of CarBomb showed up on Max's desk?

I can hear the description already:

Sam: "That's Max's newest play thing."
    Max: (extremely excited) "CarBomb - Terror Edition! With realistic explosions on a miniature scale for maxium entertainment!"
  • edited February 2007
    That's just wrong
  • edited February 2007
    Like asking Bosco if he has any weapons of mass destruction wasn't? :p
  • edited February 2007
    I figured it out!

It's
    the Rubber Ducky Ash Tray!
  • edited February 2007
    I'm guessing that there's a coat-hanging bar thingy in the closet for a reason, so I think it'll be the Don's Wonka-esque suit.
  • edited February 2007
    I'm hoping one episode we're just going to open the closet and a frigging zombie is going to pop out and eat the fish.
  • edited February 2007
    pixelat3d wrote: »
    I'm hoping one episode we're just going to open the closet and a frigging zombie is going to pop out and eat the fish.

don't you DARE hurt mr. spatula :mad: (just now, i looked up what spatula means and was surprised to find that it means anything AT ALL... :eek: )
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    don't you DARE hurt mr. spatula

Don't worry, he's only a
    replacement fish
  • edited February 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Don't worry, he's only a
    replacement fish
    replacement
    ?? for who(m?)?? (i never figured out when to use whom properly)
  • edited February 2007
    Maybeeee... A piece of memorable rubble from the factory explosion!
  • edited February 2007
    I was certain it was going to be
    a head
    until someone mentioned
    the bear already in there

I like the building a suit idea.
  • edited February 2007
    LKr wrote: »
    but out of all those things, all I really want in the closet is a still tied-up Leonard!

Looks like you got your wish! :D
  • edited February 2007
    Maybe put a beer hat on him and put some more cheese in there. ;P
  • edited February 2007
    I think Jimmy ate all the cheese between episode 1 and 2. That, and Bosco apparently stopped stocking them since everyone was trying to steal it.:p
  • edited February 2007
    Oh... Maybe that's where all the cheese went... Max probably stole it. That would explain the massive stockpile of cheese in the closet.
  • edited February 2007
    Jekill wrote: »
    replacement
    ?? for who(m?)?? (i never figured out when to use whom properly)

"Who" is like "he." "Whom" is like "him." "Who" does something, but things happen to "whom."

In this case,
    the current Mr. Spatula is a replacement
    for whom?
    The previous Mr. Spatula. :(
  • edited February 2007
    What about that meatball sandwich everyone was so worked up about? I'm sure it must have been lost in the shuffle at the end. . .
  • edited February 2007
    Max probably ate it.
  • edited February 2007
    The Mafia took the meatball sandwich back from Sam after he got it out of the one armed bandit... It probably finally met much delayed end in the explosion.
  • LKrLKr
    edited March 2007
    Maratanos wrote: »
    Looks like you got your wish! :D
    OH Hot Diggity! Leonard Steakcharmer, how did you end up in the closet? Oh, that's right, I made this topic! That and Sam and Max playfully locked you there. It was truly enlightening to find that you were Nineteen.

Let's hope for another decent suprise in the closet as a momento from Abe...
  • edited March 2007
    honestly i do not care what is placed in the closet for episode 5 (i like surprises) ............. although i have a feeling that it will be the whitehouse mailbox. i also hope that the desoto is still donning its all black "presidential" paintjob................. (it looks more sexy than the other paintjob)
  • edited March 2007
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    "Who" is like "he." "Whom" is like "him." "Who" does something, but things happen to "whom."

In this case,
    the current Mr. Spatula is a replacement
    for whom?
    The previous Mr. Spatula. :(

thanks a million, that might come in handy in my final exams :cool:
  • edited March 2007
    LKr wrote: »
    OH Hot Diggity! Leonard Steakcharmer, how did you end up in the closet? Oh, that's right, I made this topic! That and Sam and Max playfully locked you there. It was truly enlightening to find that you were Nineteen.

Let's hope for another decent suprise in the closet as a momento from Abe...
    The president's head
    would be suitably memorable and morbid!
  • edited March 2007
    Tale wrote: »
    The president's head
    would be suitably memorable and morbid!

Albeit a bit predictable, but I don't think they will be able to fit
    Abe Lincon's hat
    in their office, so I guess it would work.

Either that or the
    George Washington Nutcracker
  • edited March 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    Albeit a bit predictable, but I don't think they will be able to fit
    Abe Lincon's hat
    in their office, so I guess it would work.

Either that or the
    George Washington Nutcracker

Don't make fun of
    George Washington
  • edited March 2007
    it will probably be the president (i think the whole puppet not just his head) because max made one of his "can we keep it" comments after they broke the president

we can all remember culture shock when max asked if he could keep bradys hair............. and he did
  • edited March 2007
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    it will probably be the president (i think the whole puppet not just his head) because max made one of his "can we keep it" comments after they broke the president

we can all remember culture shock when max asked if he could keep bradys hair............. and he did

Heh, the puppet without the head would be pretty funny.
  • edited March 2007
    Dangerzone wrote: »

He makes the same "Can we keep it" comment when you talk to Sam after
    the interrogation of Leonard
    . I don't know where he says it in Eps. 2, however.
  • edited March 2007
    We've already got one 'head' in there. Eventually heads stop being funny. I'd expect better. Honestly, I'd like that golden eagle statue clutching the gun and the wad of cash, but it wasn't really game relevant enough so I doubt that will be it.
  • edited March 2007
    I was kind of hoping for the head as the episode 4 soveneir too, even if head-related items are getting repetitive. I will not reveal why I think the head is the best one. :p
  • edited March 2007
    i think it will be funny if you open the closet and find brady cultures hair on the presidents head...........

i had a good laugh when i clicked on the presidents head in the pool for the second time and heard sam's line "its just the severed head of the president"

trying to shoot lenard gave me a good laugh as well............... someone should start a "funniest moments" thread for episode 4
  • edited March 2007
    Ooo, hey good idea DZ! :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.